Does This Make You Excited for Thief?

Discus and support Does This Make You Excited for Thief? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't decide.... for some reason I haven't been able to get excited about Thief even though the premise seems right up my alley (and I never got a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Galactic Geek, Feb 4, 2014.

  1. Does This Make You Excited for Thief?


    I can't decide.... for some reason I haven't been able to get excited about Thief even though the premise seems right up my alley (and I never got a chance to play the original Thiefs as I don't have a WIndows machine and I know I thought they sounded really
    awesome when I heard about them).

    Some of the trailer does have me interested (The ability to play the whole game without killing people, I don't think I"ll be that snazzy but I like that they will give me a chance to try) but I just can't get excited.

    I hate to say it but I think it's shallow reasons. I don't like the world design and I really don't like the design of the character you are playing.

    On the other hand if it is a true stealth game (unlike AC) I could totally go for it. I don't mind that you can kill people, I actually like that there is that option as well (But I want it to have good stealth mechanics and a chance to try to play stealthily
    first and only have to resort to that if I fail... and the trailer also mentions you can be a ghost if you want so I'm assuming it will give you a chance to always be stealthy).

    But the trailer does have me more interested at least. But since I have a huge backlog (just got Metro Last LIght and working on Dragon's Dogma after having finished Witcher 2 <- which was a lot shorter than I expected) I think I'll probably wait til it gets
    cheaper and also I can read reviews on it.
     
    ShadowRiver797, Feb 5, 2014
    #31
  2. PorQ 201
    PorQ 201 Guest
    Looks like a great game with a lot of potential. Never played the original and may opt on this one, not into stealthy games unfortunately.
     
    PorQ 201, Feb 6, 2014
    #32
  3. dennis 2142
    dennis 2142 Guest
    I have played thief before. I neede a good rpg game to play. Will defo give this game a go. Still sad that Dark Souls 2 is not going next gen.
     
    dennis 2142, Feb 8, 2014
    #33
  4. Coreldan
    Coreldan Guest

    Does This Make You Excited for Thief?

    I ended up preordering a limited edition with a metal case that comes with the bank heist-extra mission (apparently Amazon also sells versions without this). The pricing was still the same as for the normal version though.

    It's weird how in the UK the games are cheaper than in germany for example. I've bought all my disc based games from Amazon UK now, from germany (or xbox store or a local retailer) I would end up paying like 70€, whereas after conversions the UK games end
    up at like 55€ with free shipping, whereas I'd likely have to pay extra for shipping from germany too.

    It's not really a problem though, I'm busy enough of a family man to be able to wait that week for the game to arrive by mail, at least I save a decent amount and with some luck I might be able to sell the game in Finland for almost the same price I paid
    for it, cos the prices outside UK seem to be so much higher.
     
    Coreldan, Oct 31, 2018
    #34
  5. Coreldan Win User

    Does This Make You Excited for Thief?

    I ended up preordering a limited edition with a metal case that comes with the bank heist-extra mission (apparently Amazon also sells versions without this). The pricing was still the same as for the normal version though.

    It's weird how in the UK the games are cheaper than in germany for example. I've bought all my disc based games from Amazon UK now, from germany (or xbox store or a local retailer) I would end up paying like 70€, whereas after conversions the UK games end
    up at like 55€ with free shipping, whereas I'd likely have to pay extra for shipping from germany too.

    It's not really a problem though, I'm busy enough of a family man to be able to wait that week for the game to arrive by mail, at least I save a decent amount and with some luck I might be able to sell the game in Finland for almost the same price I paid
    for it, cos the prices outside UK seem to be so much higher.
  6. Galactic Geek Win User

    Does This Make You Excited for Thief?

    I'm not sure if I'll be getting the game myself, but it certainly looks intriguing to me to say the least. Like Cloud above, I never played the original, but I would constantly hear about how great it was from my older brother back in the day.

    I like the concept of choice the game offers. Should I kill him or should I avoid him entirely? It makes the game dynamic and interesting & gives you more incentive to play the game through twice.

    One thing I'd like to mention is that I find the face of the main character, Garret, to be rather quite ugly. Nowadays, most characters have some sort of ideal look - the fact that Garret stands out by simply not following that mold is something I find interesting.
    After all, being a thief isn't exactly glamorous - besides, if you're hidden in the shadows, you won't be needing a pretty mug. ;)
  7. Coreldan Win User

    Does This Make You Excited for Thief?

    [quote user="Goth Vampirella"]

    Did I just see a water arrow? o_O

    [/quote]

    Yes you did, I believe the game has had em from the start, not 100% sure on the first game, but at least Thief 2 already had em.
  8. N7 Gh0stz Win User

    Does This Make You Excited for Thief?

    See iv always said lloydy is a troll and always makes arguments and changes the topic and I believe that's a bannable offence cloud...... As for the topic in hand I got no idea about this game in watched the video and liked it but what sort of enemy is there
    in it
  9. Lofty Who Win User

    Does This Make You Excited for Thief?

    [quote user="Listed mia 510"]

    I have this game paid off and ready for pick on release.

    I am so excited I am taking the day off. I try not to judge a game before it's in my hands. And the past thief titles were pretty memorable.

    Let's hope this one does not disappoint.

    [/quote]

    I'm like you, try not to judge something before I've actually got it but I'll never forget the enjoyment I had with the original all them years back and with that in mind I can't stop myself getting hyped for this.

    *Fingers Crossed*
Thema:

Does This Make You Excited for Thief?

Loading...
  1. Does This Make You Excited for Thief? - Similar Threads - Does Excited Thief

  2. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  3. Does trying the update reset your Xbox?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does trying the update reset your Xbox?: I’ve recently been getting super into the Original Xbox recently, and when I heard that the latest update preview allowed people to customize their startup animation, I was hoping to try it so I...
  4. The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements

    in XboX Insiders
    The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements: El panel de Logros en la sección Perfil a veces no muestra los logros. A veces muestra un error que indica que no se pudo cargar el archivo, otras veces muestra los juegos jugados pero sin logros...
  5. Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone

    in XboX Insiders
    Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone: I keep getting a popup saying Digital license unavailable, I dont know if its just a bug or if it just doesn't work submitted by /u/LaneT2012 [link] [comments]
  6. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  7. Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence: Have tried a few discs and some don't work so does anyone know if there's an official list or is it non confirmed submitted by /u/Chriswhutey [link] [comments]
  8. Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?: I’ve tried using disc to digital on old games that are now delisted on the Xbox store does that mean I can’t get a digital license for games that are delisted forever or is that just because they...
  9. Xbox Insiders Community does not feel welcoming

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insiders Community does not feel welcoming: Gotta be honest, as a huge Xbox fan, I’m disappointed. I’m a busy dad with work commitments who joined Insider excited to give my spare time to Xbox, test things, report bugs and hopefully make a...
  10. Does anyone know what time disc to digital comes out for insiders / what time updates...

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know what time disc to digital comes out for insiders / what time updates...: Just curious if I should expect to be able to start the download before leaving for work. Thanks! submitted by /u/Bidoof117 [link] [comments]