Does the Xbox series X support a 100hz monitor?

Discus and support Does the Xbox series X support a 100hz monitor? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a 100hz monitor for my Xbox but I only have the option for 60fps f4abc8a5-f55e-44cc-82da-7d1b06efdf7a Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Harri Powell, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Harri Powell
    Harri Powell Guest

I bought a 100hz monitor for my Xbox but I only have the option for 60fps

:)

Harri Powell, Dec 28, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Unfortunately no. You would only be able to use 60Hz,
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

1440p 120hz on xbox series x

Can't say for sure. This is an older HDMI 2.0 monitor. While most work, some of these displays limit the HDMI refresh rate to 100Hz, which would make 120Hz impossible.

You likely won't find this information any many reviews as Display Port is the common way to connect these displays to the main system they were designed for, PCs. Connecting gaming monitors to consoles in a recent thing, and not all monitors work well with Series X over HDMI. Just because the specs say 165Hz, doesn't mean you're guaranteed to get 120Hz over HDMI.

These monitors however, are all compatible with Xbox Series X|S https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/xbox-series-x
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X doesn't support 1440p@120Hz with 1440p@144Hz monitor

In that case I highly recommend you see the monitor/TV in action with the console. That way you can verify that the monitor does support 120Hz on the Series X.

The Rtings website's reviews of Series X compatible monitors is a great way to start your search. These are professional TV/monitor reviewers, they test everything!
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

New Monitor will only go up to 1080p 120hz even though it is a 1440p 165hz monitor (Xbox series X)

Hi,

Are you talking about this Monitor?

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/samsung/odyssey-g5-c34g55t

According to that review the max refresh over HDMI is only 100Hz

[​IMG]

Also, it's not strictly a 1440P. This monitor is an ultra wide 3440 x 1440. a True 16:9 aspect 1440P monitor would be 2560x1440. Xbox does not support ultra wide so it will stretch the 2560x1440 to fill the display. Since monitors work best when running at their native resolution the picture will appear soft and odd looking.

There are many fine monitors you can use on the Xbox Series X, unfortunately, this is not one of them.
  6. RedCarGamer Win User

the new xbox coming out this year will have 4k 120 hz right ? or will it be 4k 60 hz?

You have several setups.

This because the console, like was said above will support up to 8K with 120hz - this means that the
    maximum performance, is up to the developers to use all that power, some will some wont. You gonna see some games supporting
    8k/60hz, others 8k/100hz or 8k/120hz, or the ones that cant or wont use all the power will use like
    4k/60hz or 4k/100hz or 4k/120hz.

I know like you said a 8k or 4k/120hz monitors or even TV's are a lot expensive for now, and if you cannot wait for the launch, for a xbox one X you should look for a 4k/60hz monitor, and if you can spend more try look for more hz. But yes for the series X
    you will spend more money in a monitor or TV.
Thema:

1. Does the Xbox series X support a 100hz monitor? - Similar Threads - Does series support

2. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  3. Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s: Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s b3f13c6f-8e8c-44ec-acb8-1c3d462029de
  4. Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s: Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s f9cc34c0-3cba-4f78-a401-6962a2669e48
  5. Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?: Does the Xbox series x support Dolby vision playback for the 4k blu ray disc movies ? not streaming capability I seem to be able to activate HDR but not Dolby vision for movie discs , is there a...
  6. Does this monitor support the series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does this monitor support the series s?: A 24" monitor support the 120hz? because I saw this one video of someone using a 165hz monitor and the xbox doesn't support it so i've just been 2nd guessing it f2af81b6-4d00-4b95-8d1b-fa6e698bed16
  7. Xbox series X does not support streaming ROBLOX games

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox series X does not support streaming ROBLOX games: i have tried to stream roblox on my xbox series x and it closes the stream or goes black when i enter a game, i have tried starting up the stream while in the lobby and while in the main menu, my...
  8. xbox series x microsoft rewards does not support the market. error

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox series x microsoft rewards does not support the market. error: i have seen that portugal is supported in the microsoft rewards program, but when i open the xbox rewards on xbox it says that the market is not supported. b4032b97-b198-447e-84db-262a3258479f
  9. Does Xbox Series X Support 1000hz Polling Rate

in XboX Insiders
    Does Xbox Series X Support 1000hz Polling Rate: Whenever I use a keyboard and mouse on my Series X in games and applications, I experience shudder and lag. It feels like the Xbox is not using the full polling rate of my mouse. So I was...
  10. Does Xbox Series X Support 1000hz Polling Rate

in XboX Insiders
    Does Xbox Series X Support 1000hz Polling Rate: Whenever I use a keyboard and mouse on my Series X in games such as MW2, I experience shudder and lag. It feels like the Xbox is not using the full polling rate of my mouse. So I was wondering,...