Does the Xbox series x/s Seagate 1TB expansion card count as external hard drive space

Discus and support Does the Xbox series x/s Seagate 1TB expansion card count as external hard drive space in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Seagate 16TB external hard drive for my Xbox Series S so I want to know if the Seagate 1TB expansion card would count towards the 16TB... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bloodwolf2a2, Nov 7, 2021.

1. bloodwolf2a2
    bloodwolf2a2 Guest

Does the Xbox series x/s Seagate 1TB expansion card count as external hard drive space

I have a Seagate 16TB external hard drive for my Xbox Series S so I want to know if the Seagate 1TB expansion card would count towards the 16TB external hard drive limit that the console has or will it count as internal hard drive space so would I be able to use both of them at the same time of will I need a smaller external hard drive to make it work thanks for any help in advance.

:)

bloodwolf2a2, Nov 7, 2021
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Storage Device too slow error

Xbox Series X|S games can only be installed on the console's internal storage or the external Seagate SSD card. Link here. External drives are too slow for those games. The external hard drive can only be used to install backward compatible games (Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One).
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

External hard drive not working

Hi,

External hard drives are not fast enough for Xbox Series X|S titles. Unfortunately you can't play these games off slow USB external hard drives. They need either be installed internally or to an optional Xbox Series X|S Expansion card.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Why can I not install game pass games on the USB external hard drive?

5. Smwutches Win User

Can I play my X|S Games on a Storage Expansion Card?

6. Obsessive Power Win User

**** is the point in making an external hard drive $100+

Does any seagate external hdd work because I’m not paying nearly 400$ for the one specifically for series I’d just buy a pc at that point and get just as much
    No external hard drives will play Series X|S optimised games. You need either the Expansion card from Seagate or from the WD BLack Expansion card that has just recently been released from Western Digital. The 1TB WD expansion card is around $150 according to the US Amazon website.

To get PC gaming specs up to even the lower powered Series S hardware we're talking spending at least $800. So even these expensive expansion cards work out cheaper.

The fundamental technology behind mechanical hard drives date back to the 1970's. Their time is nearly up. SSD is the future.
Thema:

1. Does the Xbox series x/s Seagate 1TB expansion card count as external hard drive space - Similar Threads - Does series Seagate

2. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  3. Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x: Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x, im looking to get a 1440p monitor thatll do 120hz on my console the monitor i had before was 1440p but it wouldnt work...
  4. My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it: The Internet works fine on everything else. ead1a9fe-d0af-4431-9005-424964e655e8
  5. Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s: Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s b3f13c6f-8e8c-44ec-acb8-1c3d462029de
  6. Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s: Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s f9cc34c0-3cba-4f78-a401-6962a2669e48
  7. Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?: Everytime i game my console freezes, hoes to a green screen and then crashes. Any idea why this is happening? It isn’t just one game it happens on call of duty & Fortnite. Started happening...
  8. Does series x have a predictive text feature?

in XboX Insiders
    Does series x have a predictive text feature?: Hey yall so my ps5 remembers what ive typed in the past and the predictive text uses that knowledge when predicting what im gonna type, which is super handy in games like fallout where i can name...
  9. What does it mean when my xbox series s power button blocks rapidly in a series of 2 blinks?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does it mean when my xbox series s power button blocks rapidly in a series of 2 blinks?: My xbox series s power button started blinking 2 times at a time after I turned it off. I'm worried something I wrong with my xbox. What does it mean and how do I fix it?...
  10. Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...: Hi there, I'm wondering if the seagate storage expansion card improves textures/graphics for xbox series s games like Tekken 8? Or just for storage? a1ccb64c-11d6-4e0f-a50a-da7f08448f8a