Does the xbox 360's Kinect still scan up/down when you power on the console?

Discus and support Does the xbox 360's Kinect still scan up/down when you power on the console? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Was just wondering if the xbox 360's kinect scans up/down on power up or not. I don't think the motors in mine are broken because I can still move it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Codename21, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Codename21
    Codename21 Guest

Was just wondering if the xbox 360's kinect scans up/down on power up or not. I don't think the motors in mine are broken because I can still move it up/down via the calibration screen - but I haven't noticed it going through the (old) start up routine for
    ages...does anyone of this correct or not now?

Cheers

:)

Codename21, Mar 20, 2015
  2. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Xbox One Kinect

Kinect is still valid and special to Xbox. Use it to do these things:

voice chat, console video chat, send voice messages, voice commands, scan QR codes to redeem Xbox content, play games several games support it including Zoo Tycoon and Kinect Sports Rivals. Use it to sign in securely on your console, it's able to differentiate
    between twins, and... it can see ghosts, there are settings which show you how Kinect sees.

I don't think the Xbox S has a Kinect port because of the compact size even the power brick is inside the Xbox S console. But I think you can buy a Kinect adaptor for it to hook up your Kinect.

smileskybird, Mar 20, 2015
  3. Flashing green light on Kinect from Xbox 360 when used on Windows 7 computer

I am attempting to use a Kinect from a Xbox 360 on my windows 7 laptop so I can do 3d scans for 3d printing. I am not that familiar with Xbox so I am not familiar with any or all of the light codes. I downloaded and installed the SDK drivers and then connected
    the Kinect with the power supply that I also purchased to use with the Kinect. I have a solid green light on the power supply but a flashing green light on the Kinect. When I fire up the software, it does not see the Kinect so I have to assume the Kinect is
    not working properly. The Kinect I purchased is used (but guaranteed) so I do not know if it is working correctly. What does the flashing green light mean when it is not connected to a console (instead it is connected to a laptop)and is there a way to test
    to see if the Kinect is working correctly? Thank you in advance for you help

StarkLattice928, Mar 20, 2015
  4. Does the xbox 360's Kinect still scan up/down when you power on the console?

I think if you have ran the kinect tuner and have it calibrated correctly it no longer pans up and down. It only does that if its not set up correctly

The Viral Cyrix, Mar 21, 2015
  5. mazolauk
    mazolauk Guest
    Mine stopped doing it after the last update, as I thought at first it had broken, but it still works fine when I use it.

mazolauk, Mar 22, 2015
  6. Codename21
    Codename21 Guest
    Thanks for the feedback Viral Cyrix & dgmn - that clears that up then!

Codename21, Oct 31, 2018
  7. mazolauk Win User

Mine stopped doing it after the last update, as I thought at first it had broken, but it still works fine when I use it.
  8. The Viral Cyrix Win User

I think if you have ran the kinect tuner and have it calibrated correctly it no longer pans up and down. It only does that if its not set up correctly
  9. Codename21 Win User

Thanks for the feedback Viral Cyrix & dgmn - that clears that up then!
  10. smileskybird Win User

Xbox One Kinect

Kinect is still valid and special to Xbox. Use it to do these things:

voice chat, console video chat, send voice messages, voice commands, scan QR codes to redeem Xbox content, play games several games support it including Zoo Tycoon and Kinect Sports Rivals. Use it to sign in securely on your console, it's able to differentiate
    between twins, and... it can see ghosts, there are settings which show you how Kinect sees.

I don't think the Xbox S has a Kinect port because of the compact size even the power brick is inside the Xbox S console. But I think you can buy a Kinect adaptor for it to hook up your Kinect.
  11. addictgaming360 Win User

kinect adapter for xbox one s ringing noise while turn on

does the console still make the ringing sound when you completely disconnect the Kinect? If not, it could be a power issue causing feedback between the kinect and the headset. If it still is ringing in the headset with the Kinect unplugged it could be
    a different issue altogether. Can you give us a little more info to go on?
    It isn't the xbox one s. I mention about the kinect adapter. It's the adapter it self.
Thema:

1. Does the xbox 360's Kinect still scan up/down when you power on the console? - Similar Threads - Does 360's Kinect

2. Does limited warranty cover any case damage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does limited warranty cover any case damage?: The bottom panel and back panel broke off my xbox series s and its causing massive overheating and i cant play any games or even watch youtube for that matter. Does limited warranty cover this?...
  3. Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006

in XBoX on Windows
    Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006: So recently set up my old 360 and ran into the error code 80151006 I found a old post from 2013 saying to clear your cache I was wondering if that would still apply now in 2024 or would there be...
  4. What does the exp do when I finish quest

in XboX Insiders
    What does the exp do when I finish quest: Just wondering if it does anything submitted by /u/Enderrbean [link] [comments]
  5. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  6. My xbox 360 console does not let me log in to my xbox live how can i be able to log in or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 console does not let me log in to my xbox live how can i be able to log in or...: How do i log in my xbox 360 account since it dont let me? fa880fd0-2680-4dc3-999d-21aef2bd8008
  7. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  8. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  9. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  10. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...