Does the HDMI input/output pass thru when xbox is off?

Discus and support Does the HDMI input/output pass thru when xbox is off? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Can you still watch tv with your cable box and tv with the xbox turned off? Does the Hdmi signal pass thru the xbox ive tried it and it doesn't work.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by georgekaplin1973, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Does the HDMI input/output pass thru when xbox is off?

Can you still watch tv with your cable box and tv with the xbox turned off? Does the Hdmi signal pass thru the xbox

ive tried it and it doesn't work. The xbox need to be on, but is there a way to change settings to allow this. Would be very nice for my wife and kids who don't want to relearn everything. Just want to turn on tv and use cable as normal. Instead of waiting
    for xbox then navigating to tv, etc. the kinect does NOT work for my kids voices.

:)

georgekaplin1973, Jan 4, 2014
  2. ChrisMcFaul
    ChrisMcFaul Guest
    24p passthru

If I connect a 24fps or 25fps source (like a true 1080/24p output or 1080/50p from a bluray player) to the HDMI input of the XBOX, it doenst pass this thru, it only outputs at 60fps

Is this correct or am I missing something? why do I suddenly want to start watching juddery upconverted blurays rather than the original?

ChrisMcFaul, Jan 4, 2014
  3. FRLS One
    FRLS One Guest
    Issues Connecting PC through HDMI-In on XBox One

The issue seams to be that the xbox is disconnecting its own hdmi input when connecting a laptop. It displays laptop screen a few seconds then says it lost signal. but just prior to the supposed signal loss I hear the hardware disconnected chime. (Windows
    8.1 to Xbox One via Hdmi Pass thru)

FRLS One, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Annie UK
    Annie UK Guest

Pass through needs the xbox powered on fully.

Annie UK, Jan 4, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: