Does the game still support HDR in "performance mode" on XBOX ONE X ?

Discus and support Does the game still support HDR in "performance mode" on XBOX ONE X ? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Check this out... TCL P605/607 Picture Settings! : xboxone Yeah I actually read through this before and that's how I know how to change the gamma... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PCHANG1228, Dec 24, 2017.

1. PCHANG1228
    PCHANG1228 Guest

Yeah I actually read through this before and that's how I know how to change the gamma from 2.0 to 2.4 from the ROKU app for this TV. It did made a difference in brightness, but I just can't stand the HDR mode because of color and loss of resolution. If
    I decided to keep it, I will probably just turn off HDR. I kind of give up on the lower end model if I do want better and brighter HDR. I think Samsung KS8000 is perfect fro HDR base on what I read but I just can't find it available anywhere.

I I think all off the lower end TV have lower peak brightness, so HDR might not be as vibrant as those high end one with higher peak brightness. I found out that brightness for tv are called nits, but I can't find it on specs on most product detail page.
    So what should I look for brightness on the specs. I might be wrong though.

I am actually looking at Sony X900E 55 inch but I can't find any brightness information. I read the review for this TV but the review are contradictory interms of the brightness for this model. Do you have any recommendation ?

thanks

PCHANG1228, Nov 1, 2018
  2. PCHANG1228 Win User

Thank s for the response everyone. I appreciate it. I am probably going to get the 4k HDR TV from BestBuy before I finish tomb raider. Tomb Raider looks nice but I kind of want to see it with HDR... As for the TV, I am thinking of something more budget friendly
    since the price dropped a lot compare to last year for 4k tvs.
  3. gds1972 Win User

Hi

If a game has performance mode it will cut back the game resolution to maintain the game performance it will not remove HDR as this feature does not require much console power to achieve.
  4. Steampunk Cyber Win User

Thank s for the response everyone. I appreciate it. I am probably going to get the 4k HDR TV from BestBuy before I finish tomb raider. Tomb Raider looks nice but I kind of want to see it with HDR... As for the TV, I am thinking of something more budget friendly

What's your budget & what size are you looking to get? Like I said, I'm a home theater hobbyist and have been for over 20 years. I'll check Best Buy and recommend some sets for you.

I actually got the "TCL 55P605" from BEST BUY for around $600 after watching great review on youtube for this model and great price. The 4K UHD on this TV is amazing but the HDR was horrible. I know its a cheap HDR TV but it almost
    seems like a downgrade from my previous 1080P set.

When I enable HDR on ONEX, the color on rise of tombraide would look dull/dark and the texture resolution seems to be muddier. Laura Croft face looked like it got a real bad sunburn from the orange tint. I am just not getting the same result from the reviewers
    even with the same TV settings. So I am not sure if it is the TV or the ONEX...The HDR just looks flat compare to the 4K UHD only. I am planning to return it since I got it for HDR.

I hate returning electronics, so I was thinking about bringing my ONEX to the store and test it at BEST BUY or FRYS. before I purchase one. Not sure if that would let you do that, but I just don't want to have the same issue again. Anyways just want to
    rant a little bit.

I am looking for something under $1000 and 50-55 inch. Its for a guest room.

Any recommendation for certain model would be great help ?

THanks

I had heard great things about the TCL sets. I was actually panning on picking one up at one point. Before you return it... Just wondering if you went into the game's menu to adjust for the HDR? I know when I first loaded up Forza Horizon 3 after connecting
    our One S to an HDR set, it looked pretty bad. I opened FH3's video options to find the menu had changed. After making the new HDR adjustments, the picture looked phenomenal. Tell me, how do you like the TCL outside of the Xbox? Because if it's good otherwise,
    you probably need to adjust settings on the Xbox side of things.

That said, if you do return the TCL and want to go right up to the $1000 price point, I would start with the Samsung UN55MU8000 or the 8500 if you prefer a curved screen. Like I said, I'm a Sony guy when it comes to TVs, but $1,000 is a tough price point
    for that brand. $1,000 and under is their entry level sets (for that size range) which are very good, but for a little more, you could step way up. Right now, you can get the XBR-55X800E for like $800 which uses edge lit backlighting. It's a nice set, but
    for $200 over your $1,000 budget, you can step up to the 900 series and get full array backlighting and a 120hz refresh rate compared to the 800's 60hz. If you don't mind going from 55" to 49", you can get the Sony 900 series for around $950. In all honesty,
    that would be my 1st choice... The Sony XBR-49X900E. My only reservation would be the relatively smaller size.

I am still deciding whether I should return the TCL P605 TV to BESTBUY because 4K UHD only mode looks phenomenal. The color contrast, resolution and brightness were a big upgrade compare to my older 1080P tv plus it's only $600. I am just not so fond of
    the HDR mode. I did played around with the tv setting for two days and I was able to get it to a more acceptable HDR picture for my gaming experience. I included my TCL P series setting below so someone that might have the same TV can try it out

Gamma 2.4

Picture Mode DARK (HDR)

Picture Brightness Brighter

Game Mode On

Local Contrast "NO"

I was able to get the brightness up with this setting and it made a clear difference. However, the color remains a little but dull and bland compare to the 4K UHD Only. If you only use 4K UHD and doesn't care too much of HDR then the TCL P SEries would definitely
    be the best bang for your buck.

I also look into the tv set you recommended and I am looking at the Sony 55 inch X800E and 55 inch X900E. The price difference is like around $500. I don't mind spending a little bit extra since the TV will probably last me 3 years.
    My only concern is if I will be having the same issue with HDR. I googled some of the Son'y X800 and X900 series HDR issue and some people were having HDR issue with these models too. Most common issue is brightness been too dim and color been overly saturated.
    The color just doesn't pop like what HDR claims.

If the HDR is going to be the same, then there is really no point of upgrading since TCL already provide a good enough 4K UHD only picture.. Have you actually see the X800 or X900 HDR mode on ONEX live ? I am seriously thinking about asking me to let me
    test it out when I return it.

Anyways, thank for the info.
    Check this out...

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/7d8olz/tcl_p605607_picture_settings/
  5. PCHANG1228 Win User

What's your budget & what size are you looking to get? Like I said, I'm a home theater hobbyist and have been for over 20 years. I'll check Best Buy and recommend some sets for you.

I actually got the "TCL 55P605" from BEST BUY for around $600 after watching great review on youtube for this model and great price. The 4K UHD on this TV is amazing but the HDR was horrible. I know its a cheap HDR TV but it almost
    seems like a downgrade from my previous 1080P set.

When I enable HDR on ONEX, the color on rise of tombraide would look dull/dark and the texture resolution seems to be muddier. Laura Croft face looked like it got a real bad sunburn from the orange tint. I am just not getting the same result from the reviewers
    even with the same TV settings. So I am not sure if it is the TV or the ONEX...The HDR just looks flat compare to the 4K UHD only. I am planning to return it since I got it for HDR.

I hate returning electronics, so I was thinking about bringing my ONEX to the store and test it at BEST BUY or FRYS. before I purchase one. Not sure if that would let you do that, but I just don't want to have the same issue again. Anyways just want to
    rant a little bit.

I am looking for something under $1000 and 50-55 inch. Its for a guest room.

Any recommendation for certain model would be great help ?

THanks

I had heard great things about the TCL sets. I was actually panning on picking one up at one point. Before you return it... Just wondering if you went into the game's menu to adjust for the HDR? I know when I first loaded up Forza Horizon 3 after connecting
    our One S to an HDR set, it looked pretty bad. I opened FH3's video options to find the menu had changed. After making the new HDR adjustments, the picture looked phenomenal. Tell me, how do you like the TCL outside of the Xbox? Because if it's good otherwise,
    you probably need to adjust settings on the Xbox side of things.

That said, if you do return the TCL and want to go right up to the $1000 price point, I would start with the Samsung UN55MU8000 or the 8500 if you prefer a curved screen. Like I said, I'm a Sony guy when it comes to TVs, but $1,000 is a tough price point
    for that brand. $1,000 and under is their entry level sets (for that size range) which are very good, but for a little more, you could step way up. Right now, you can get the XBR-55X800E for like $800 which uses edge lit backlighting. It's a nice set, but
    for $200 over your $1,000 budget, you can step up to the 900 series and get full array backlighting and a 120hz refresh rate compared to the 800's 60hz. If you don't mind going from 55" to 49", you can get the Sony 900 series for around $950. In all honesty,
    that would be my 1st choice... The Sony XBR-49X900E. My only reservation would be the relatively smaller size.
    I am still deciding whether I should return the TCL P605 TV to BESTBUY because 4K UHD only mode looks phenomenal. The color contrast, resolution and brightness were a big upgrade compare to my older 1080P tv plus it's only $600. I am just not so fond of
    the HDR mode. I did played around with the tv setting for two days and I was able to get it to a more acceptable HDR picture for my gaming experience. I included my TCL P series setting below so someone that might have the same TV can try it out

Gamma 2.4

Picture Mode DARK (HDR)

Picture Brightness Brighter

Game Mode On

Local Contrast "NO"

I was able to get the brightness up with this setting and it made a clear difference. However, the color remains a little but dull and bland compare to the 4K UHD Only. If you only use 4K UHD and doesn't care too much of HDR then the TCL P SEries would definitely
    be the best bang for your buck.

I also look into the tv set you recommended and I am looking at the Sony 55 inch X800E and 55 inch X900E. The price difference is like around $500. I don't mind spending a little bit extra since the TV will probably last me 3 years.
    My only concern is if I will be having the same issue with HDR. I googled some of the Son'y X800 and X900 series HDR issue and some people were having HDR issue with these models too. Most common issue is brightness been too dim and color been overly saturated.
    The color just doesn't pop like what HDR claims.

If the HDR is going to be the same, then there is really no point of upgrading since TCL already provide a good enough 4K UHD only picture.. Have you actually see the X800 or X900 HDR mode on ONEX live ? I am seriously thinking about asking me to let me
    test it out when I return it.

Anyways, thank for the info.
  6. gds1972 Win User

Most television manufacturers are likely to announce new models at CES in the next few days so if you can wait until about March/April there should hopefully be some great deals on the 2017 models.
Thema:

1. Does the game still support HDR in "performance mode" on XBOX ONE X ? - Similar Threads - Does game still

2. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  3. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  4. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  5. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  6. does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...: does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on xbox? 536155e3-e923-48ea-817c-350e1ab71b7a
  7. does this old game from 12 years ago still work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    does this old game from 12 years ago still work?: so i was planning to buy the game called you don’t know jack 2011, it’s an disc copy for the Xbox 360 so i can play it on the Xbox one, even if is no longer on the Xbox shop, does it still work...
  8. does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...

in XBoX on Windows
    does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...: does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on xbox? 536155e3-e923-48ea-817c-350e1ab71b7a
  9. Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...: I bought Dead by Daylight for 32$ and it says that I will need to pay an extra 16.99$ for a month of game pass just to play it for one month 1cb41d18-7df9-4bb7-9003-824a081915f0
  10. Does the in game store on Arkham origins still work

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the in game store on Arkham origins still work: Can I still buy docs from the in game store on Batman Arkham origins 64fbf1a0-a9a0-4806-bb58-67e119dfc0d3