Does the game still support HDR in "performance mode" on XBOX ONE X ?

Discus and support Does the game still support HDR in "performance mode" on XBOX ONE X ? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I am considering into purchasing a 4K TV just for HDR support. I prefer to play games such as GEARS 4 and TOMB RAIDER in 60 fps performance mode... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PCHANG1228, Dec 24, 2017.

1. PCHANG1228
    PCHANG1228 Guest

Hi

I am considering into purchasing a 4K TV just for HDR support. I prefer to play games such as GEARS 4 and TOMB RAIDER in 60 fps performance mode weven without 4K, however I do want to see what HDR is all about.

So does the game still have HDR support if I game in "performance mode" on a 4K TV ? What kind of specs on the 4K TV I should watch out for when purchasing 4K for this option ?

Thanks

:)

PCHANG1228, Dec 24, 2017
  2. ciento56
    ciento56 Guest
    In Xbox One X (scorpio) mode performance + mode campaign + collectables is not showing

Hello

On xbox one x + tv samsung 4k hdr 40MU6405 + mode performance the collectables files is not showing.

But in mode graphicals is showing.

ciento56, Dec 24, 2017
  3. HDR Gaming Equality?

I'm with the understanding that all Xbox One games that support HDR will have HDR on the S. HDR is not limited to just the Xbox One X Enhanced games.

Obsessive Power, Dec 24, 2017
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Hi

If a game has performance mode it will cut back the game resolution to maintain the game performance it will not remove HDR as this feature does not require much console power to achieve.

gds1972, Dec 24, 2017
  5. Well, make sure the TV is HDR capable. Some less expensive sets are not. They will be 4k UHD (which is the resolution) but not have High Dynamic Range. Also make sure it's HDMI 2.0 compliant (if it's HDR capable it will be 2.0 compliant). Some sets may
    have 3 or 4 HDMI inputs but only 1 will be HDR capable, so make sure that you connect whatever device you want to view at HDR to a capable input. As somewhat of a snobby home theater enthusiast, I will tell you straight up to go with Sony or Samsung. They
    are by far the best (with Sony on top). If you want to venture into the OLED level of performance, you could probably add LG to that list, but in my experience, LG is unreliable. I would still stick with Sony though.

As far as the difference goes... It's big. I play a lot of Forza Horizon 3. The graphics are great at 1080p and even better at standard 4k, but when you go to 4k with HDR, it's like a whole new game. Probably a bigger difference than moving from 1080p to
    standard 4k. Case in point is the sky in FH3. At regular 4k, it looks beautiful with striking colors. At 4k with HDR, those colors come almost magically to life. It's like going from looking at a photograph of a sky to looking at the sky in real life. It actually
    looks lit. It's hard to describe but the difference made my jaw drop, and that's hard to do at this point.

Steampunk Cyber, Dec 25, 2017
  6. Okay, please disregard part of that. I had just gotten off a double shift at work and had no sleep.

All 4k TVs are going to have HDMI 2.0 inputs. What I was thinking about were HDCP 2.2 compliant inputs. HDCP 2.2 is basically a means of preventing 4k duplication (it's copy protection). Some TVs may have multiple HDMI 2.0 inputs but will have only one or
    maybe two HDCP 2.2 compliant inputs. If you are going to use any in-between gear such as a home theater receiver, HDMI switching device or anything else that the signal will run through before making it to the TV, make sure EVERYTHING is both HDMI 2.0 capable
    and HDCP 2.2 compliant. Without HDMI 2.0 you won't get 4k and without HDCP 2.2 compliance you won't get HDR. Remember, the picture will only ever be as good as the weakest link in the chain.

Also, when I was talking about OLED TVs... Don't confuse OLED with Samsung's QLED. They are two completely different things. QLED is pretty much just a variant of LCD where OLED is a new technology...

• OLED stands for "organic light emitting diode."
    • QLED (according to Samsung) stands for "quantum dot LED TV."
    • OLED is a fundamentally different technology from LCD, the major type of TV today.
    • QLED is a variation of LED LCD, adding a quantum dot film to the LCD "sandwich."
    • OLED is "emissive," meaning the pixels emit their own light.
    • QLED, like LCD, is, in its current form, "transmissive" and relies on an LED backlight.

OLED is the superior display type. Regardless of the brand you buy, all the panels are actually made by LG, but there's more to the picture quality than just the panel. All of the other components and the software that drives it are just as important. That's
    where Sony is vastly superior. If you want to go QLED, Samsung is the only choice. If you want OLED, Sony is the way to go. Even if you don't want to go with either QLED or OLED, I would still start my search with Sony & Samsung. Beyond those, Sharp is great
    if you can find one (I believe they have stopped making displays). Even though they are relatively inexpensive, Vizio makes some nice stuff too.

Whatever you go with, gaming in 4k with HDR is absolutely amazing!

Steampunk Cyber, Dec 26, 2017
  7. PCHANG1228
    PCHANG1228 Guest
    Thank s for the response everyone. I appreciate it. I am probably going to get the 4k HDR TV from BestBuy before I finish tomb raider. Tomb Raider looks nice but I kind of want to see it with HDR... As for the TV, I am thinking of something more budget friendly
    since the price dropped a lot compare to last year for 4k tvs.

PCHANG1228, Dec 26, 2017
  8. Does the game still support HDR in "performance mode" on XBOX ONE X ?

What's your budget & what size are you looking to get? Like I said, I'm a home theater hobbyist and have been for over 20 years. I'll check Best Buy and recommend some sets for you.

Steampunk Cyber, Dec 27, 2017
  9. PCHANG1228
    PCHANG1228 Guest
    I actually brought the TCL 55P605 from BEST BUY for around $600 after great youtube review and budget friendly price. The TV looked amazing in 4K UHD, but HDR on this TV was a major major disappointment. It was more of a downgrade with darker and duller
    color and lower resolution on texture when you enable HDR on ONE X. I am not sure if the TV is defective or ONE X. I tried looking up online and I was not able to get the same result from those youtuber review.

I am thinking about returning the TV since I was looking forward to HDR. I really hate returning electronics especially TV....so I am seriously thinking about bringing the XONEX to the store and test at FRYS or BEST BUY. Not sure if you can do that though.
    Anyways, I just have to rant a little bit.

I am thinking about something within $1000 and 50-55 inch. It is for the guest room, so its not big. Anyone has actually tried it out on certain models that has wonderful HDR ?

PCHANG1228, Jan 2, 2018
  10. PCHANG1228
    PCHANG1228 Guest
    I actually got the "TCL 55P605" from BEST BUY for around $600 after watching great review on youtube for this model and great price. The 4K UHD on this TV is amazing but the HDR was horrible. I know its a cheap HDR TV but it almost
    seems like a downgrade from my previous 1080P set.

When I enable HDR on ONEX, the color on rise of tombraide would look dull/dark and the texture resolution seems to be muddier. Laura Croft face looked like it got a real bad sunburn from the orange tint. I am just not getting the same result from the reviewers
    even with the same TV settings. So I am not sure if it is the TV or the ONEX...The HDR just looks flat compare to the 4K UHD only. I am planning to return it since I got it for HDR.

I hate returning electronics, so I was thinking about bringing my ONEX to the store and test it at BEST BUY or FRYS. before I purchase one. Not sure if that would let you do that, but I just don't want to have the same issue again. Anyways just want to
    rant a little bit.

I am looking for something under $1000 and 50-55 inch. Its for a guest room.

Any recommendation for certain model would be great help ?

THanks

PCHANG1228, Jan 2, 2018
  11. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    Most television manufacturers are likely to announce new models at CES in the next few days so if you can wait until about March/April there should hopefully be some great deals on the 2017 models.

gds1972, Jan 2, 2018
  12. Jinkz
    Jinkz Guest
    Exactly this, now is not the best time to buy, wait and see what comes out, and they'll reduce the 2017 models also.

Jinkz, Jan 2, 2018
  13. Does the game still support HDR in "performance mode" on XBOX ONE X ?

I had heard great things about the TCL sets. I was actually panning on picking one up at one point. Before you return it... Just wondering if you went into the game's menu to adjust for the HDR? I know when I first loaded up Forza Horizon 3 after connecting
    our One S to an HDR set, it looked pretty bad. I opened FH3's video options to find the menu had changed. After making the new HDR adjustments, the picture looked phenomenal. Tell me, how do you like the TCL outside of the Xbox? Because if it's good otherwise,
    you probably need to adjust settings on the Xbox side of things.

That said, if you do return the TCL and want to go right up to the $1000 price point, I would start with the Samsung UN55MU8000 or the 8500 if you prefer a curved screen. Like I said, I'm a Sony guy when it comes to TVs, but $1,000 is a tough price point
    for that brand. $1,000 and under is their entry level sets (for that size range) which are very good, but for a little more, you could step way up. Right now, you can get the XBR-55X800E for like $800 which uses edge lit backlighting. It's a nice set, but
    for $200 over your $1,000 budget, you can step up to the 900 series and get full array backlighting and a 120hz refresh rate compared to the 800's 60hz. If you don't mind going from 55" to 49", you can get the Sony 900 series for around $950. In all honesty,
    that would be my 1st choice... The Sony XBR-49X900E. My only reservation would be the relatively smaller size.

Steampunk Cyber, Jan 3, 2018
  14. PCHANG1228
    PCHANG1228 Guest
    I am still deciding whether I should return the TCL P605 TV to BESTBUY because 4K UHD only mode looks phenomenal. The color contrast, resolution and brightness were a big upgrade compare to my older 1080P tv plus it's only $600. I am just not so fond of
    the HDR mode. I did played around with the tv setting for two days and I was able to get it to a more acceptable HDR picture for my gaming experience. I included my TCL P series setting below so someone that might have the same TV can try it out

Gamma 2.4

Picture Mode DARK (HDR)

Picture Brightness Brighter

Game Mode On

Local Contrast "NO"

I was able to get the brightness up with this setting and it made a clear difference. However, the color remains a little but dull and bland compare to the 4K UHD Only. If you only use 4K UHD and doesn't care too much of HDR then the TCL P SEries would definitely
    be the best bang for your buck.

I also look into the tv set you recommended and I am looking at the Sony 55 inch X800E and 55 inch X900E. The price difference is like around $500. I don't mind spending a little bit extra since the TV will probably last me 3 years.
    My only concern is if I will be having the same issue with HDR. I googled some of the Son'y X800 and X900 series HDR issue and some people were having HDR issue with these models too. Most common issue is brightness been too dim and color been overly saturated.
    The color just doesn't pop like what HDR claims.

If the HDR is going to be the same, then there is really no point of upgrading since TCL already provide a good enough 4K UHD only picture.. Have you actually see the X800 or X900 HDR mode on ONEX live ? I am seriously thinking about asking me to let me
    test it out when I return it.

Anyways, thank for the info.

PCHANG1228, Jan 4, 2018
  15. Check this out...

TCL P605/607 Picture Settings! : xboxone

Steampunk Cyber, Jan 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Does the game still support HDR in "performance mode" on XBOX ONE X ? - Similar Threads - Does game still

2. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  3. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  4. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  5. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  6. does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...: does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on xbox? 536155e3-e923-48ea-817c-350e1ab71b7a
  7. does this old game from 12 years ago still work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    does this old game from 12 years ago still work?: so i was planning to buy the game called you don’t know jack 2011, it’s an disc copy for the Xbox 360 so i can play it on the Xbox one, even if is no longer on the Xbox shop, does it still work...
  8. does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...

in XBoX on Windows
    does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...: does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on xbox? 536155e3-e923-48ea-817c-350e1ab71b7a
  9. Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...: I bought Dead by Daylight for 32$ and it says that I will need to pay an extra 16.99$ for a month of game pass just to play it for one month 1cb41d18-7df9-4bb7-9003-824a081915f0
  10. Does the in game store on Arkham origins still work

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the in game store on Arkham origins still work: Can I still buy docs from the in game store on Batman Arkham origins 64fbf1a0-a9a0-4806-bb58-67e119dfc0d3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tcl 55p605 local contrast not working