Does Surround Sound Passthrough Still Not Work?

Discus and support Does Surround Sound Passthrough Still Not Work? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a TiVO -> XB1 -> Onkyo Preamp setup, and I still can't get good sound when I watch TV. Regardless of the settings, the center channel is silent... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JeffNebraska, Oct 2, 2014.

1. JeffNebraska
    JeffNebraska Guest

I have a TiVO -> XB1 -> Onkyo Preamp setup, and I still can't get good sound when I watch TV. Regardless of the settings, the center channel is silent and the sound seems to come from only the front L/R speakers.

I thought this was fixed, but is it still a known (and very serious) defect of the XB1? If so, I will forget plugging my TiVo into my XB1 altogether. Not worth the voice control (which I like) to sacrifice good sound.

FYI - I have my HDMI output set to Bitstream and changed to Surround Sound in the TV menu of the XB1 (which required a restart, and I thought would fix it).

:)

JeffNebraska, Oct 2, 2014
  2. danny6869
    danny6869 Guest
    Why no surround sound passed through from set-top box???

I can't believe that the audio of the xbox one, especially with TV passthrough is still n issue. I want my surround sound from my media center set-top box, and have yet for that to work.

danny6869, Oct 2, 2014
  3. drivesafely
    drivesafely Guest
    Xbox video store - no surround sound

All the movies list only English audio and no surround sound. I know they used to advertise surround sound. Does anyone know if the movies still have surround sound? even my purchased movies don't show surround sound. No DTS or Dolby

drivesafely, Oct 2, 2014
  4. JeffNebraska
    JeffNebraska Guest

Anyone?

I have tried searching for threads answering this question, but the search engine here seems clunky and tough to make work.

JeffNebraska, Oct 5, 2014
  5. Has worked fine for me since the original release. I have a media center outputting DD. Leave settings to uncompressed in the main audio menu and in the TV app make sure you are set to surround.

Alex Balcanqual, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Alex Balcanqual Win User

Has worked fine for me since the original release. I have a media center outputting DD. Leave settings to uncompressed in the main audio menu and in the TV app make sure you are set to surround.
  7. JeffNebraska Win User

Anyone?

I have tried searching for threads answering this question, but the search engine here seems clunky and tough to make work.
  8. Logans Old Man Win User

Audio Crackling has made a return with the most recent update.

My Xbox has started doing this about. A month ago. Got a new official Xbox one hdmi lead and still does it. Runs through an amp to surround sound. Still does it if connected directly to the tv. Tv and surround soumd work fine with blu ray player, just problems
    with the xbox one
  9. Milson Win User

No Picture/Sound with DirecTV - Sync Issues?

I had this problem too with an HR24 and spent most of an afternoon experimenting. It turned out to be related directly to the (beta) surround passthrough option in my case. When enabled, I'd often get a single paused/locked frame or black screen. Only
    a "hard reset" of the xbox would make it work, and only once - after power down/up of the components it would freeze again.

After disabling surround sound beta on the xbox, it will consistently work and the TV app doesn't freeze. It does take a long time for picture to show up though, around 20-25 seconds, but it will always come on. That's true whether or not dolby digital
    is enabled on the sat box (though obviously you don't get surround, because the xbox is stripping it).

Hope they stabilize the beta feature soon...
  10. Farscape247 Win User

Audio troubles

settings: audio: change output to hdmi stereo. if still no sound then double check that your monitor does have speakers as alot of them don't and they just have audio passthrough to a 3.5mm on the back.
Thema:

1. Does Surround Sound Passthrough Still Not Work? - Similar Threads - Does Surround Sound

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?: If someone gets a voice chat ban in warzone, does that affect their own party voice chat too? My party can’t hear me in my party but I can hear them d2250211-35af-481f-9348-72eac4eeedd7
  4. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  5. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  6. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  7. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  8. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  9. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  10. Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again?: Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again? I just missed the $50 off that was going on leading up to Fathers Day. With the new consoles coming out in the winter, I would expect more...