Does removing a family member automatically remove the payment connected to it?

Discus and support Does removing a family member automatically remove the payment connected to it? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Does removing a family member automatically remove the payment connected to it? (He recently turned 18 and is wanting to control his own account) i... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ricky Be, Sep 27, 2023.

1. Ricky Be
    Ricky Be Guest

Does removing a family member automatically remove the payment connected to it? (He recently turned 18 and is wanting to control his own account) i dont want my card on his account.

:)

Ricky Be, Sep 27, 2023
  2. Vardagul Win User

Hi Ricky! My name is Darhlene and I'm more than happy to help you!

The answer to your question is No. You need to manually remove your payment card from your family member's account by signing in to his account at https://account.microsoft.com, then go to Payment & billing > Payment options.

Kind Regards,
    Darhlene
  3. John P_14 Win User

removal of a family member

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

I understand you wanted your son to play his game Minecraft. As per the error you're receiving, family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group and he needs to be in a family group. In this case, you need to manage his account restrictions by changing his Privacy Settings at https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Profile?xr=mebar....

Once you're on the Privacy & Online Safety page, you should be able to see his account. Please click on it to change his Privacy Settings. Make sure that all settings under the Privacy tab and Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety are set to "Allow" or "Everyone". It should be like the screenshot below.

Also, make sure to set these settings to "Allow" or "Everyone".

- You can see and upload community creations

- You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text

- Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites

Additionally, if he's playing on an Xbox console, make sure he has an active Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass Ultimate.

- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Subscriptions.

[​IMG]
  4. Luis Gutiérrez Fuen Win User

Switching from Family Plan to regular Gold

Hello sir. You could keep all the membership yourself by removing profiles in the plan. This can be done by following this steps:

Console steps: Remove a member from a Gold Family Pack

On your console, sign in to Xbox LIVE with the primary account for the Gold Family Pack.

Go to Settings, and then select Family.

Select the member you want to remove from the Gold Family Pack.

Go to Account Management, and then select Remove From Gold Family Pack.

Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the member from the Gold Family Pack. When prompted, confirm the removal.

Computer steps: Remove a member from a Gold Family Pack

Go to the Family Center.

Hover over a family member, and then click Remove from Family.
  5. Jacyintha Win User

Bieng kicked from Family pack gold..

Is it actually completely removing people from the family pack, as in, your husband (primary member) goes to the family center and the person has been removed from the family and needs to be readded?

It sounds like you are actually having connection issues.
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

Child account

Hey there Landen Hunt,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums with this question. You can always take a look at the following support page for more information on adding an Adult to your Microsoft Family.

• Add members to your family group

A child account that has reached the age of 18 will automatically be recognized as an Adult account. If he is still in your family it is possible that you his account still has it's child restrictions. I would advise removing the account from the family
    so that it does not have any other adult account managing the account.

• Remove a family member from your family on Xbox One

I Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Does removing a family member automatically remove the payment connected to it? - Similar Threads - Does removing family

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?: If someone gets a voice chat ban in warzone, does that affect their own party voice chat too? My party can’t hear me in my party but I can hear them d2250211-35af-481f-9348-72eac4eeedd7
  4. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  5. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  6. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  7. Why does my Xbox remove my home Xbox from my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my Xbox remove my home Xbox from my account?: Okay so I don't know why this keeps happening but why my home Xbox stops sharing after my game pass ends? I was game sharing with my girlfriend and we both have separate Xbox's and every time I...
  8. I bought a Xbox where insiders was enabled and I removed the device how long does it take...

in XboX Insiders
    I bought a Xbox where insiders was enabled and I removed the device how long does it take...: . submitted by /u/TheVaultDwelller [link] [comments]
  9. Does anyone have a number I can call about getting a suspension removed?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone have a number I can call about getting a suspension removed?: My grandson account is suspended for cash back. His account was hacked. I am trying to get this issue resolved. Does anyone has a contact number, where I can actually speak with someone?...
  10. If I remove my account from my xbox series s and readd it does my save data stay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I remove my account from my xbox series s and readd it does my save data stay?: So I'm wondering mostly about 2 things 1 if I remove my account and readd will my save data still be there? 2 I been trying to connect my phone to my console but I can't seem to get it to work...