Does power surge count as physical damage to console

Discus and support Does power surge count as physical damage to console in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Was installing a game until my made a popping sound and turned off, it will not turn on at all 391957ee-e124-45b0-a2c0-bdf8632a4e94 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DM Scallan, Oct 30, 2023.

1. DM Scallan
    DM Scallan Guest

Was installing a game until my made a popping sound and turned off, it will not turn on at all

:)

DM Scallan, Oct 30, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

A surge is considered an act of god on warranty policies
  3. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, DM S. I’m Arturo, and I’ll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Yes, if the power surge is not working properly, it is considered as a hardware issue.

However, if you have the original Xbox One, you may want to get a power brick because this console uses an external one.

Otherwise, if you have Xbox One S or newer models, I’m afraid to say that you need to get inspected your device to see what happened exactly, because there is no way to know if it's just the internal power supply or something else.

I'll remain attentive to your comments.

Regards,

Arturo.
  4. Blueheart14 Win User

My xbox wont work properly after power outage

It could be that your wifi router or console was damaged do to a power surge caused by the power outage
  5. Swift Hen 74 Win User

Xbox 360 Slim Problem

The power surge may have damaged the graphics card but not the motherboard, therefore it boots up and beeps but does not output the images to the screen
  6. OCRyzen Win User

Xbox Logo Pauseing on boot up!?

Check your Console Power Supply... It sounds like, when the console draws current from the Power Brick on Start up, it has power surges & it will be damaging your console etc..
Thema:

1. Does power surge count as physical damage to console - Similar Threads - Does power surge

2. What does it mean when my xbox series s power button blocks rapidly in a series of 2 blinks?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does it mean when my xbox series s power button blocks rapidly in a series of 2 blinks?: My xbox series s power button started blinking 2 times at a time after I turned it off. I'm worried something I wrong with my xbox. What does it mean and how do I fix it?...
  3. If my red power supply box from my Xbox stays red does that mean I need a new power supply...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If my red power supply box from my Xbox stays red does that mean I need a new power supply...: If my red power supply box from my Xbox stays red does that mean I need a new power supply box?? e1f77642-3808-42b4-9e32-12fb9e7b46f4
  4. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  5. Hi Community does anyone know if Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two would work on the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi Community does anyone know if Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two would work on the...: Hi Community, does anyone know if Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two would work on the newest Xbox X Series console please? And if so, is it a 2 player game ? Thanks...
  6. Does having my console plugged into a power strip affect latency and 4k gaming at 60hz?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does having my console plugged into a power strip affect latency and 4k gaming at 60hz?: I recently connected my Xbox series s to a power strip along with my tv and I notice that the hazard icon appears telling me that if I have av/or other connection between my television and console...
  7. Why does my Xbox one make a sound but doesn’t power up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one make a sound but doesn’t power up: Why does my Xbox make a noise but not power up 35ad5878-5101-414d-a890-e2401c080513
  8. My xbox series x does power and work but i get flashing led what does that mean

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x does power and work but i get flashing led what does that mean: I do not see any issue while playing but when i start console i get troubleshooting screen. When in pick continue it works fine. Other concern is flashing led Need to know if there is hardware...
  9. Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not...: Sometimes the power supply randomly shuts off. Then I plug it out for 10 seconds it comes back on, no light flashes it's just the usual orange and white light I'm confused why this happens and why...
  10. Xbox series X power up issues. Light turns on but xbox does not power up

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X power up issues. Light turns on but xbox does not power up: Upon hitting the power button , the light and fan turns on with no visuals on screen and the xbox seems abnormally quiet. Nothing on the screen comes up at all and within in a minute the xbox...