Does Peter Jackson’s King Kong work on Xbox One?

Discus and support Does Peter Jackson’s King Kong work on Xbox One? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a copy of the game Peter Jackson’s King Kong for Xbox so I could play it on my Xbox one. The game is listed on the backwards compatibility... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Furdinator, Sep 10, 2023.

1. Furdinator
    Furdinator Guest

I bought a copy of the game Peter Jackson’s King Kong for Xbox so I could play it on my Xbox one. The game is listed on the backwards compatibility list, by my console is telling me that the game is not available to play. Has anyone else come across this issue? Is the game really backwards compatible?

:)

Furdinator, Sep 10, 2023
  2. HyperVenom523 Win User

What we're some of the games you remmber playing when you first got on xbox?

First game where:

Xbox... Halo

Xbox 360... Peter Jackson King Kong

Xbox One... Far Cry 4
  3. RichieB_ Win User

Hello Furdinator,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. RichieB_ Win User

Hi Furdinator,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're having trouble playing Peter Jackson's King Kong on your Xbox One console.

Firstly, can you confirm if you have the physical disc or digital version of the game? Also may I ask if you bought the game through the Microsoft Store or not?

If you have confirmed that the game is installed and the disc is in good condition, please try the following steps:

1. If you have the physical disc, please ensure that it is clean and free from any scratches or damage. Also may I ask for a screenshot or picture of copy of the game.

2. If you have the digital copy of the game make sure you're sign in with the right account.

3. If you're sign in with the right account try to check the game under on the game library. To check the game, follow the steps: Learn more: Find your games and add-ons | Xbox Support

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then select My games & apps > See all.

Under Full library > Owned games, you’ll see all games that you own with the profile that’s signed in to the console.

If a game that you own hasn’t been installed on your console, there’s a download icon on the game title. Selecting the title prompts you to install the game before you can play it.

Note To filter your list of owned games to show only games that aren’t currently installed, select the Filter button, and then switch the Ready to play filter to Ready to install.

If you still aren’t seeing your game or add-on, sign out and then sign back in. To do so, press the Xbox button , and then go to Profile & system > Sign out. After you’re signed back in, use the steps above to check for the content again.

3. You try to remove and re-add the Xbox profile. Learn more: Add or remove an Xbox profile | Xbox Support

- To remove an Xbox profile:
    Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.

Choose the profile that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm

- To re-add an Xbox profile:
    Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & System > Add or switch > Add new.

Enter the email address for the Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select Enter.

Important Make sure that you do not select Get a new account unless you want to create a new Microsoft account.

Enter the password for your Microsoft account, and then select Enter.

Review the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept.

Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In, security & PIN preferences to finish adding your profile to the console.

2. Check for any available updates for the game. To do this, go to "My games & apps" on your Xbox One dashboard, select the game, and then press the "Menu" button on your controller. From there, select "Manage game & add-ons" and then "Updates". If there are any updates available, download and install them.

2. Clear your console's cache. To do this, hold down the power button on your Xbox One console for 10 seconds until it turns off. Unplug the power cable from the back of the console and wait for 30 seconds. Plug the power cable back in and turn on your console.

3. If the above steps do not work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. To do this, go to "My games & apps" on your Xbox One dashboard, select the game, and then press the "Menu" button on your controller. From there, select "Uninstall". Once the game is uninstalled, go to the Microsoft Store and reinstall the game.

If none of the above steps work, it's possible that the game may not be compatible with the Xbox One console. You can check the list of backward compatible games on the Xbox website to see if Peter Jackson's King Kong is compatible. Here's the link: Xbox Backward Compatible Games | Xbox

I hope this information helps you to resolve the issue. We look forward for your response.

Happy Gaming,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. R4VER Win User

Did you invest in HD-DVD?

Its unfortunate that both were released at the same time, i remember Peter Jacksons King Kong being one of the first.

Might have to check how much the units and films are still going for
  6. Elekman Win User

Achievments

The most easiest achievements i could think of are launch title games like Peter Jackson's King Kong or NHL 06....Pass the story mode on Phantasy Star Universe and easily get 1000G
Thema:

1. Does Peter Jackson’s King Kong work on Xbox One? - Similar Threads - Does Peter Jackson’s

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?: If someone gets a voice chat ban in warzone, does that affect their own party voice chat too? My party can’t hear me in my party but I can hear them d2250211-35af-481f-9348-72eac4eeedd7
  4. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  5. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  6. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  7. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  8. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  9. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  10. Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again?: Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again? I just missed the $50 off that was going on leading up to Fathers Day. With the new consoles coming out in the winter, I would expect more...