Does my Microsoft Store Account and Minecraft Launcher account *HAVE* to be the same?

Discus and support Does my Microsoft Store Account and Minecraft Launcher account *HAVE* to be the same? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Basically as title says, I keep getting the pop up because I have multiple accounts on the MS store but it never prevents me from playing Minecraft or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by camren Dilbeck, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Does my Microsoft Store Account and Minecraft Launcher account *HAVE* to be the same?

Basically as title says, I keep getting the pop up because I have multiple accounts on the MS store but it never prevents me from playing Minecraft or anything so I’m wondering if it’s really necessary.

:)

camren Dilbeck, Dec 7, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Does my Microsoft Store Account and Minecraft Launcher account *HAVE* to be the same?

Hi, my name is Oskayra, I'm a freelance consultant and gamer like you.

No, your Microsoft Store account and your Minecraft Launcher account do not have to be the same. You can use different accounts for the two platforms. However, there are some advantages of using the same account for both.

Advantages of using the same account

1. You can log in to Minecraft Launcher with a single click. You won't have to enter your username and password every time you want to play.

2. You can access your Minecraft purchases on any device. If you buy a new device, you can log in to Minecraft Launcher with the same account and access all your games and add-ons.

3. You can sync your progress across all your devices. If you start playing a world on one device, you can pick up where you left off on another.

I hope my answer was helpful, if you have any other questions let me know.

Oskayra
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

My Minecraft Launcher only says "Play Demo"

Are you sure you are logged into the Microsoft Store with the same Microsoft Account used to sign in to Minecraft Launcher?
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Can I switch minecraft accounts on the same PC but not have it purchased on both?

Hello, Msrg98. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

For some games, signing in to the Microsoft store with the account that purchased the game (in this case, yours) and on the game launcher or the Xbox app with the account that wants to play the game (in this case, your sister) works.

But I'm almost completely sure this doesn't work with Minecraft since it connects to your Microsoft account on the launcher. You can test, but I think it will not work.

If this method does not work, unfortunately your little sister would need to purchase Minecraft on her account.

Feel free to ask back any questions.
  5. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

account to microsoft and Minecraft launcher do not match????

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

Nothing to worry, in order to fix this we will perform some basic troubleshooting steps.

Please sign out your accounts on the following:

Xbox app

account.microsoft.com

account.xbox.com

Microsoft Store

Minecraft launcher

Once you're done, kindly confirm if the Microsoft account you have has the Minecraft game license by signing your account on account.microsoft.com > go to Payment and Billing > then Order history.

If you have already confirmed the Minecraft game license, re-sign in using the same account on:

Xbox app

account.microsoft.com

account.xbox.com

Microsoft Store

Minecraft launcher

Then try to access your account to Minecraft Launcher.
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Minecraft Starter Edition for Windows - unable to install after purchase

Install the Minecraft launcher from the Microsoft/Xbox app, then select Minecraft bedrock edition, you will be able to access the game now that you have the account that made the purchase logged in the Microsoft store app

The launcher it's free if you don't have it select get on the Microsoft store app to add it to your account
Thema:

1. Does my Microsoft Store Account and Minecraft Launcher account *HAVE* to be the same? - Similar Threads - Does Microsoft Store

2. It says that my microsoft account does not exist on the microsoft store but i am sign in on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    It says that my microsoft account does not exist on the microsoft store but i am sign in on...: I have been using this email for a while and have not experienced any problems, until now. I can sign into my account on the browser tab but when I try to sign into it on Minecraft or the...
  3. Does anyone have a problem with a game missing from their microsoft store library? Stolen...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone have a problem with a game missing from their microsoft store library? Stolen...: In my case "Sea of thieves". It is no longer in my library in my microsoft store. Furthermore, I have only one account and I do not use Gamepass or Xbox services and I have not given anyone access...
  4. hello! for some reasons xbox pc wont launch, and so does microsoft store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hello! for some reasons xbox pc wont launch, and so does microsoft store.: it used to work, but now, it doesnt for some reasons. i ahve tried and done every single thing/soplutions on reddit and yt. please help me, i am struggling and i wanna play games. thank you!...
  5. The Microsoft Rewards application does not appear in the store on my xbox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Microsoft Rewards application does not appear in the store on my xbox series S: I have the game pass and the Microsoft Rewards service active with my normal online account and my search points. At first I had the app installed, when I tried to enter the app it gave me a...
  6. If I bought Minecraft for windows Deluxe edition in 2021 through microsoft store Why does...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I bought Minecraft for windows Deluxe edition in 2021 through microsoft store Why does...: I BOUGHT MINECRAFT FOR WINDOWS DELUXE EDITION Through microsoft store AND it gives only trial edition When i spent around 186 SAR on it. IT STILL SHOWS BUY NOW 7aff2740-c2d7-4ead-8d52-99b12bf09638
  7. Microsoft Store updates but does not work and updates again in an infinite cycle

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store updates but does not work and updates again in an infinite cycle: Hello, I have recently bought an xbox series s preowned and everything was fine until today where the microsoft store would not work at all. I saw someone else with the same problem and tried the...
  8. Does anyone know why in Microsoft store when updating it gives error code 0x800706C6

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why in Microsoft store when updating it gives error code 0x800706C6: When I was about to update my games at Microsoft store when it gives a error message something went wrong it gives code: 0x800706C6. I was doing on LG Gram laptop. Model:14ZB90Q. Is there way to...
  9. Hello there i wanted to ask what does included with game pass in microsoft store means?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello there i wanted to ask what does included with game pass in microsoft store means?...: just like this game and other games like forza 5 etc pls reply and respond 171c03a9-0342-4a2d-a5ff-778b98b56eb5
  10. why does my roblox from microsoft store thinking im playing in mobile but im using my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does my roblox from microsoft store thinking im playing in mobile but im using my...: i downloaded roblox from microsoft store but then all of a sudden it thinks im playing on mobile but im playing on computer that is windows 10 how do i fix it b04e1dc1-6b82-48ac-b24d-21f1ff20e07b