does microsoft permit you to give away redemption codes?

Discus and support does microsoft permit you to give away redemption codes? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; upon pre-ordering doom, I received codes for doom 1 & doom 2. ive already purchased these games so was just going to give them to my son. just want to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by selectiveblue, Apr 30, 2016.

1. does microsoft permit you to give away redemption codes?

upon pre-ordering doom, I received codes for doom 1 & doom 2. ive already purchased these games so was just going to give them to my son. just want to make sure it doesn't violate any of microsofts rules.

:)

selectiveblue, Apr 30, 2016
  2. Does anyone use.....

But does Microsoft permit it?

IsaacClarkeSNL, Apr 30, 2016
  3. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Just a question

Microsoft does not give away damaged consoles.

Smwutches, Apr 30, 2016
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

It's rare that the codes are made specifically for your account, and if so the message with the codes would mention it. So you can feel free to give them to whoever you'd like.

Smwutches, Apr 30, 2016
  5. D3Sl
    D3Sl Guest
    No, giving the codes to your son is absolutely fine. What would be considered against the Code of Conduct is selling the codes on Xbox Live or trading them through the messaging system. That follows under using the service as a business and a whole bunch
    of other sticky "sub categories". Codes are also not attached to an account before they are redeemed.

6. Asinine47
    Asinine47 Guest
    I did this same thing for Alan wake when I bought quantum break lol

Asinine47, May 1, 2016
  7. You can do whatever you want with the codes. Giving them away to a friend or family member would be no problem. It's essentially just a code that has not been redeemed and can be given to anyone if you want.

Dr Black Bones, Nov 2, 2018
  8. D3Sl Win User

No, giving the codes to your son is absolutely fine. What would be considered against the Code of Conduct is selling the codes on Xbox Live or trading them through the messaging system. That follows under using the service as a business and a whole bunch
    of other sticky "sub categories". Codes are also not attached to an account before they are redeemed.
  9. Smwutches Win User

It's rare that the codes are made specifically for your account, and if so the message with the codes would mention it. So you can feel free to give them to whoever you'd like.
  10. Asinine47 Win User

I did this same thing for Alan wake when I bought quantum break lol
  11. Dr Black Bones Win User

You can do whatever you want with the codes. Giving them away to a friend or family member would be no problem. It's essentially just a code that has not been redeemed and can be given to anyone if you want.
  12. The Viral Cyrix Win User

How could I get a free gold trial ?

No one here is permitted to give you a gold trial. Codes cannot be given away on the forums
Thema:

1. does microsoft permit you to give away redemption codes? - Similar Threads - does microsoft permit

2. Why does microsoft support suck?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does microsoft support suck?: They never truly have a grasp over the community and they aren't ever helpful. Multiple people i know who had Mojang/Minecraft Accounts who linked the accounts to microsoft accounts that some...
  3. Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?: I have gone through so many Xbox controllers with stick drift it is ridiculous. I purchased the Xbox Series S just to have my controller conveniently get stick drift exactly 1 month after the...
  4. Why does Microsoft ban people for the most dumbest reasons?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Microsoft ban people for the most dumbest reasons?: I'm recently got a 2 day suspension ban on my account for posting on a LFG: " W 30 nuke cards 100c each, and OverDrive 70c each" with no appeal and customer support not being able to do anything...
  5. Does Microsoft even care? Quality across the board is horrendous.

in XboX Insiders
    Does Microsoft even care? Quality across the board is horrendous.: Ive seen countless consumer feedback negatively reviewing microsoft and xbox as a brand nowadays. The UI is uninspired, continuously redundant, and filled with ads to the point that it’s ugly and...
  6. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  7. Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?: Why was the series s advertised with 512GB when in reality 112 of the 512 is used for god knows what and you don’t get a choice in that. But when you turn on the console and go into storage that’s...
  8. How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?

in XBoX on Windows
    How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?: I purchased an Xbox gift card with my Microsoft rewards points for a friend. But when my friend tries to enter the code to redeem, she has to enter a 25 digit code, but the code I was sent is more...
  9. Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?: Around 6 months ago I decided to buy an Xbox Series S, all was fine except that after only weeks of use, the controller was drifting to a point of being unusable. I then bought another, it came...
  10. Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.: I am wondering this question because recently I got $5 from Microsoft rewards which said it was for xbox. I went to see if I could use the money but realized that it was in Microsoft account and...