Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?

Discus and support Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Around 6 months ago I decided to buy an Xbox Series S, all was fine except that after only weeks of use, the controller was drifting to a point of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cameron Deer, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Cameron Deer
    Cameron Deer Guest

Around 6 months ago I decided to buy an Xbox Series S, all was fine except that after only weeks of use, the controller was drifting to a point of being unusable. I then bought another, it came with drift in both sticks so I sent it back to repair, what do I get back? The exact same controller, completely untouched without any paperwork whatsoever, in fact the drift was even worse. I got another BRAND NEW controller and, you guessed it, drift. I sent this one back too, it came back again with drift. This is an absolute joke, it makes competitive shooters completely unplayable and I've spent an absolute ridiculous amount on Microsoft's hardware already to absolutely no avail (as well as shipping costs for both controllers). I just want a controller that works, and I'm not going out of my way to spend £140 on a SCUF controller.

:)

Cameron Deer, Mar 27, 2024
  2. V0nd0ll0 Win User

Faulty Elite Controller Series 2

All controllers over time will develop stickdrift and deadzone. I always buy my controllers from another store that offers extended warranty plans because its just a fact about controllers. Microsoft has a 3 month warranty to ensure that your product isn't
    faulty right out of the box and if it is you can send it back so if you ever get a faulty product right from the start you have time to send it in. but since you didn't you would have to pay for a repair or replacement i go through controllers every 2-4 months
    and it doesn't matter brand so that's why controllers normally don't have long standard warranty's because they always break eventually for normal use around 6-12 months so if the warranty was longer Microsoft and any other controller company would need to
    spend a lot of money replacing everyone's stuff.

I always buy a one year warranty from best buy and send in my controller before the warranty expires and get a new controller than i buy the same warranty so it only costs the warranty price when i need a new controller.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

xbox one elite controller 2 LS and RS buttons not working

Sounds like the controller may be faulty. You should send the controller back to where you got it from and either get a replacement or money back.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Stick deadzones on new xbox elite series 2 controller

If the controller has drifting, then it's faulty. If you have only just got it, then sending it back and getting a new one or a refund is the best course of action, otherwise it will need to be sent to Microsoft for repair/replacement.
  5. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Faulty Day One Edition controller (d-pad)

For a day one controller they want the faulty one back. They fetch a premium of £100 on ebays so im sure they want the faulty one before they send another out
  6. Ironwilled Win User

xbox controller - keeps breaking & headset does not work

Hi There,

If its a faulty controller I would just look at sending into Microsofts centre for repair under warranty.
Thema:

1. Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers? - Similar Threads - Does Microsoft always

2. Why does microsoft support suck?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does microsoft support suck?: They never truly have a grasp over the community and they aren't ever helpful. Multiple people i know who had Mojang/Minecraft Accounts who linked the accounts to microsoft accounts that some...
  3. Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?: I have gone through so many Xbox controllers with stick drift it is ridiculous. I purchased the Xbox Series S just to have my controller conveniently get stick drift exactly 1 month after the...
  4. Why does Microsoft ban people for the most dumbest reasons?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Microsoft ban people for the most dumbest reasons?: I'm recently got a 2 day suspension ban on my account for posting on a LFG: " W 30 nuke cards 100c each, and OverDrive 70c each" with no appeal and customer support not being able to do anything...
  5. Does Microsoft even care? Quality across the board is horrendous.

in XboX Insiders
    Does Microsoft even care? Quality across the board is horrendous.: Ive seen countless consumer feedback negatively reviewing microsoft and xbox as a brand nowadays. The UI is uninspired, continuously redundant, and filled with ads to the point that it’s ugly and...
  6. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  7. Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?: Why was the series s advertised with 512GB when in reality 112 of the 512 is used for god knows what and you don’t get a choice in that. But when you turn on the console and go into storage that’s...
  8. How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?

in XBoX on Windows
    How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?: I purchased an Xbox gift card with my Microsoft rewards points for a friend. But when my friend tries to enter the code to redeem, she has to enter a 25 digit code, but the code I was sent is more...
  9. Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.: I am wondering this question because recently I got $5 from Microsoft rewards which said it was for xbox. I went to see if I could use the money but realized that it was in Microsoft account and...
  10. Does Microsoft act on ANY REPORTS on players cheating or harassing?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does Microsoft act on ANY REPORTS on players cheating or harassing?: Hey there, For the past few months I’ve had a miserable gaming experience. I’ve encountered countless cheaters and exploiters, poor sportsmanship, and harassment through multiple games. I’m...