Does gamepass spread across a family if bought by the parent?

Discus and support Does gamepass spread across a family if bought by the parent? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; If the parent in the family purchases xbox game pass ultimate will the children in the family have access. 2720de8c-8245-4ee4-8dd1-d1aed8ad27c5 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Aaron Grossman, May 8, 2023.

1. Does gamepass spread across a family if bought by the parent?

If the parent in the family purchases xbox game pass ultimate will the children in the family have access.

:)

Aaron Grossman, May 8, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Aaron. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

As of the moment, you can only share the benefits of the subscription when you have your account as the home Xbox on the console. To do this, sign in to your parent account that has the subscription and do the steps below.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.

Do either of the following:

Select Make this my home Xbox to designate the console as your home Xbox.

This will share the benefits to other profiles that are downloaded on the same console.
  3. A1LeggedManfish Win User

Prorating a current Gold Subscription to a Family Gold Sub?

Thank you!

"existing gold members have their subscription halved and spread across all members of the family" was exactly the info I was looking for.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox PC App problem

they decided to do it this way as it is their way of drm.

you should not have to be reformatting everytime, and you can have games spread across multiple drives, i never had an issue with this kind of thing up until i ditched gamepass.

i have several games installed across drives with no issues.

are your drives in ntfs, have you changed any permissions on any of the windowapps folders.
  5. tamubu11 Win User

Can't Access Netflix Without Entering Family Passcode Since New Update

Yep, this is an issue for me too. My son just bought a 360. I setup what I wanted for the family controls and it requires my parental code anytime he wants to watch netflix.

It also seems strange that the NFL app has tons of video and yet it does not require parental authorization. There really needs to be a "whitelist" approach for parentally selected apps.
  6. TopherXPwns Win User

Prorating a current Gold Subscription to a Family Gold Sub?

Adding to what Mistress Sara said, existing gold members have their subscription halved and spread across all members of the family. So if your son adds the 3 month card to his account and then gets added to the family pack everyone in the family will receive
    an additional month. I do believe in the case of odd numbers the remaining gold subscription going into the family pack is rounded down so instead of an extra month and a half it'd be just a month for everyone.
Thema:

1. Does gamepass spread across a family if bought by the parent? - Similar Threads - Does gamepass spread

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?: If someone gets a voice chat ban in warzone, does that affect their own party voice chat too? My party can’t hear me in my party but I can hear them d2250211-35af-481f-9348-72eac4eeedd7
  4. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  5. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  6. why cant I queue into a game, and why does gamepass keep popping up and can someone fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant I queue into a game, and why does gamepass keep popping up and can someone fix this: I previously had the Xbox one s, but yesterday bought the Xbox series s as an upgrade to be able to play ncaa football coming out in July. My issue is that I can no longer play rainbow six siege...
  7. Why don't PC gamepass players got the same thing as Xbox players does in the achievements ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why don't PC gamepass players got the same thing as Xbox players does in the achievements ?: First thing sorry for my English I am not a native speaker. secondly, I want to say that the GamePass achievements on PC are very poor compared to Xbox and it doesn't look like the Xbox...
  8. Why does the Gamepass Forza Motorsport download keep stopping of outright refusing to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Gamepass Forza Motorsport download keep stopping of outright refusing to...: My install of Forza Motorsport is stuck at basically half way. I have tested download speeds and everything is perfectly normal. Never had any dramas installing big games before now. Is it a...
  9. Does early access work with the gamepass version from forza motorsport?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does early access work with the gamepass version from forza motorsport?: I've bought the premium add ons bundle for forza motorsport, but i don't have the 5 days early access. Does early access work with the gamepass version? db56fa98-f3c3-4af7-b10f-6d35a8976614
  10. this microsoft account does not appear to own a Minecraft account or have PC Gamepass

in XBoX on Consoles
    this microsoft account does not appear to own a Minecraft account or have PC Gamepass: yesterday I was playing Minecraft like usual but today when I opened the launcher ... my account was logged out ... i tried to log it back in and it didn't work so I went to minecraft.net. there I...