Does game pass for PC has region locks for games?

Discus and support Does game pass for PC has region locks for games? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Am kind of frustrated that this recurring issue happens, where some selected games are not available for whatever reason to play. Those games simply... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Killer0pro ., Dec 1, 2023.

1. Killer0pro .
    Killer0pro . Guest

Am kind of frustrated that this recurring issue happens, where some selected games are not available for whatever reason to play. Those games simply not on the recently added list, i cant search for those, but i see them on 'What's Happening' tabs, i can see and remote install those games on phone, and when i open said game, here what i see:

Does game pass for PC has region locks for games? [​IMG]

Play and not available at the same time, if i try press play here what i get:

Does game pass for PC has region locks for games? [​IMG]

If i follow link, it brings to me store page of the game, and if i try boot it from there, i get same exact error like above.

Had same issue with nfs unbound and few other AAA games, but least with nfs i can just install it tru EA launcher and bypassed this.

Anyone have logical explanation why it happens? Few of my friends have games working fine.
    Ngl after Remnant 2 not availability, it made me so furious i cancelled subscription, until this issue is solved, i have till 12/16, to try whatever recommendation you can come up with.

:)

Killer0pro ., Dec 1, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Everything online store has region restrictions regardless of platform.
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Killer0pro, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

Game availability on Xbox Game Pass for PC can vary based on region and licensing agreements. Certain games may not be available in specific regions due to legal or licensing restrictions. It's possible that the games you're experiencing issues with are not available in your region.

To address the issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Ensure that your Xbox Game Pass for PC account is set to the correct region. Sometimes, account settings may be misconfigured, resulting in limited game availability. Verify that your account region matches your actual location.

2. Game availability on Xbox Game Pass for PC can change over time. New games may be added, and existing games may be removed or become available in different regions. Keep an eye on the Xbox Game Pass announcements and news to stay informed about any updates regarding game availability.

Remember that regional restrictions are often beyond the control of Xbox Game Pass or Microsoft. Licensing agreements and legal requirements can dictate which games are available in specific regions. Patience and understanding are important when dealing with regional game availability issues.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

XBOX 360 PAL TO NTSC COUNTRY

The region locks technically aren't even NTSC/PAL locks because such a differential does not exist within the console. The games are just coded with a region lock. When a region locked game is loaded on a console from another region, it will display an
    error message. If a game is region free, it does not look for what region the console comes from and continues to run. The region lock outs for Xbox 360 games these days are down to the publishers, nothing more.

Xbox One on the other hand has no regional lock outs at all for disc games. You can play any Xbox One game on any Xbox One console. There are certain region locks for downloads, but that has nothing to do with NTSC and PAL.
  5. ngocphi Win User

This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a different region from your account

Yes as xbox.gamepass codes are region locked

If you have discord billing region different from your actual region it wont work

If you don't live in am gamepass region then it wont work

If you live in Turkey Russia or the SEA then you can redeem.it

Xgu has its own regions as turkey and Russia are sanctioned they dont.qualify

Sea regions are only pc game pass regions
  6. ngocphi Win User

checking if DLC content is available in region

does your physical region match your account region?

if not you may run into issues downloading content

the only reason why an online pass wouldn't work in your region if the code does not match your account region

now if you are talking about DLC seasons passes yes alot of season pass games are region locked due to the violent nature of those games or Distibution rights

the only work around is when creating an account it is best to use your actual region
Thema:

1. Does game pass for PC has region locks for games? - Similar Threads - Does game pass

2. The PC Game Pass does not have all the games

in XboX Insiders
    The PC Game Pass does not have all the games: My friend was looking to buy a PC Game Pass but his PC Game Pass has fewer games than mine. I have no idea what to do and I couldn't find anyone talking about it. Mine has 461 games and my...
  3. Does Xbox PC Game Pass save game save files on PC Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Xbox PC Game Pass save game save files on PC Game Pass.: If I uninstall my game from my PC, will all the saved game progress be saved to the cloud? And would I be able to recover it after installing the game again. fee4ddad-eb1e-4ba1-a5c9-49879e5f0f50
  4. Why does Xbox game pass cloud gaming have such long wait times? This is getting ridiculous...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox game pass cloud gaming have such long wait times? This is getting ridiculous...: Tired of 15 to 20 minute wait times only a game on game pass. a98124cc-957e-4fc7-967e-0c1223cf79b5
  5. Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?: I bought the game but it says I need gamepass to play it. 172de818-b765-4a18-bdf1-b87fc0e89476
  6. PC Game Pass version of Disney Dreamlight Valley does not work on the Legion Go

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Game Pass version of Disney Dreamlight Valley does not work on the Legion Go: Hardware: Lenovo Legion Go Firmware: 1.0.2.5 OS: Windows 11 (latest updates as of 12.26.2023 Xbox app: Fully up to date as of 12.26.2024 Other notes: we've rebooted several times,...
  7. Does the ultimate pass include any additional games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does the ultimate pass include any additional games?: I intend to buy the pass for my pc (I do not own an Xbox console) but I can't choose between the Pc game pass and the ultimate. First I was wondering if the ultimate offers any games that the pc...
  8. Cloud Gaming, does every family member need their own ultimate pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Gaming, does every family member need their own ultimate pass?: Hi! I have an Ultimate Pass, and I can play Cloud Gaming. My son wants to play Cloud Gaming. His account is set to the same home XBox as me. But his Online Gaming account still says he needs to...
  9. Why does xbox keep asking me to choose a game pass plan when I’m trying to play rainbow 6...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does xbox keep asking me to choose a game pass plan when I’m trying to play rainbow 6...: I’ve recently been playing rainbow with no problems but today when trying to load into a match, xbox keeps asking me to choose a game pass plan. The thing is I don’t need a game pass to play...
  10. Why does Xbox store no longer have options for Xbox Game Pass (Core, Gold, Live) and Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    Why does Xbox store no longer have options for Xbox Game Pass (Core, Gold, Live) and Xbox...: Alpha Skip-ahead member Xbox Insider: Why does Xbox store no longer have 6 months, 3 months, 1 and 2 yearly membership options for Xbox Game Pass (Core, Gold, Live) and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate?...