Does fortnite support the new gamertag system

Discus and support Does fortnite support the new gamertag system in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was wondering if fortnite supported the new gamertag system because I changed my gamertag and it hasn’t updated it yet.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Pancake ゴ, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Pancake ゴ
    Pancake ゴ Guest

I was wondering if fortnite supported the new gamertag system because I changed my gamertag and it hasn’t updated it yet.

:)

Pancake ゴ, Aug 15, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Pancake

Looking similar threads, it seems that fortnite uses your Epic account name.

Could you double check this?

MoroseBadger600 response:

"Epic games GT and xbox GT are not linked i'm sorry but i found a way how to change your epic games name
    Visit your account's ACCOUNT INFO page.
    In the box labeled DISPLAY NAME, enter your desired new display name.
    Scroll to the bottom of the page and click SAVE CHANGES."

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. Smwutches Win User

In-game username not matching with xbox username…

Fortnite was released before the new gamertag policy went into place and does not support that policy. So you'll see the old tag in the game.
  4. Renatodibi Win User

Hi does fortnite support the new gametag system?

Hi Ori.

My name is Renato.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

I don't see any issues with the new Xbox gamertag format and Fortnite. If you want to change it, you can certainly do so, and it will be updated even when you play Fortnite. Please note that only the first change is free. Subsequent changes will incur a fee.

Here the support page about changing gamertag

https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/profile/change-xbox-live-gamertag

Kind regards
    Renato
  5. Rostom L Win User

Is there a time frame for a classic gamertag to change?

Thanks for confirming. During the procedure via https://social.xbox.com/ChangeGamerTag, did you select the option to customize your old gamertag system?

Also, maybe the game you're trying to play supports the new gamertag system. Does it show on your game the new gamertag (new Gamertag system) or your previous old gamertag (old gamertag system)?
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Does F1 23 support the new gamertag system?

Yes, the game should support the new gamertag system. The new system has been out a few years now.
Thema:

1. Does fortnite support the new gamertag system - Similar Threads - Does fortnite support

2. Why does fortnite keep updating every day

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does fortnite keep updating every day: Every day I get on my Xbox and I check to see if I can play fortnite but I can't because it says it needs to update and then I update it and the next day it restarts updating....
  3. How Long does it take for my item that i redeemed a code to come into fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    How Long does it take for my item that i redeemed a code to come into fortnite?: About 15 hours ago, i redeemed a code from Xbox/microsoft into fortnite (cross comms pack) and i havent got the item yet. (The code was succesful and all that) is this normal?...
  4. Why does my Xbox series x keep crashing on rainbow six siege and fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x keep crashing on rainbow six siege and fortnite: I can barley play a full game or r6s without it crashing or a match of Fortnite and i don't know why my Xbox is getting enough ventilation, I've changed power cables I've done everything the ai...
  5. Does anyone know why after fortnites recent update when I ready up, Fortnite freezes and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why after fortnites recent update when I ready up, Fortnite freezes and...: After fortnites new season update when I load the game everything is fine and normal. When the game loads everything is normal however as soon as I ready up the game crashes. Is this an xbox issue...
  6. Does anyone know if theres a way to bypass a console suspension i cant even play fortnite...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does anyone know if theres a way to bypass a console suspension i cant even play fortnite...: please someone let me know 21b0eabd-efbd-432c-a2ce-68fc4fbe54c3
  7. Why does fortnite say failed to login?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does fortnite say failed to login?: I have tried numerous things such as resetting my Xbox and clearing the MAC but any time i try to login to fortnite it wont let me in. It does this on my phone as well with Xbox live gaming....
  8. When playing on big games e.g. fortnite, mw3 why does it keep disconnecting me from my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When playing on big games e.g. fortnite, mw3 why does it keep disconnecting me from my wifi?: Everytime I go onto a big game like mw3 it says I'm not connected to the Internet, it has been fine all day downloading the game but as soon as I go onto the actual game it disconnects me. I've...
  9. My fortnite account does not start on my xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My fortnite account does not start on my xbox series s: It's been a week since I bought the new Xbox Series S and as of today I have not been able to log into my Fortnite account, I have already tried contacting Epic Games support but they tell me to...
  10. Does anyone know why my Xbox one keeps kicking me from Fortnite I just got it and I’m...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why my Xbox one keeps kicking me from Fortnite I just got it and I’m...: Does anyone know why my Xbox one keeps kicking me from Fortnite I just got it and I’m thinking that it’s maybe because I bought it off Amazon 250341e5-267b-41e0-963e-61f06825462c