Does deal between Microsoft and ActiBlizz mean that I could finally play PGR games on Xbox...

Discus and support Does deal between Microsoft and ActiBlizz mean that I could finally play PGR games on Xbox... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Iirc PGR franchise was owned by Activison Blizzard after Bizzare buyout. Now Microsoft doesn't had any excuses to not put these games into backward... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dass Kat, Nov 5, 2023.

1. Dass Kat
    Dass Kat Guest

Does deal between Microsoft and ActiBlizz mean that I could finally play PGR games on Xbox...

Iirc PGR franchise was owned by Activison Blizzard after Bizzare buyout. Now Microsoft doesn't had any excuses to not put these games into backward compatibility. So now I wonder how good PGR 2 could look in 4K. Does using only my disc would allow me to download content of Paris DLC too or not? Does other PGR titles will had their delisted DLC content included in game download or not? And does Blur will also be available to play on Xbox One and Xbox Series?

:)

Dass Kat, Nov 5, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Does deal between Microsoft and ActiBlizz mean that I could finally play PGR games on Xbox One and Series?

well they would still have the same reasons that it's not financially viable to renew the licenses for backwards compatibility, which is usually the issue
  3. Dass Kat Win User

Does deal between Microsoft and ActiBlizz mean that I could finally play PGR games on Xbox One and Series?

You doesn't need to renew anything if You don't sell it. You can even let people download and play these games for free but I doubt Microsoft would be that generous. Still for them safest way would be just a requirement of using disc to download and play these titles. Just like in cases of Ace Combat 6 or Battlefield 2. Its that easy, especially since they fully own PGR and Blur IPs again lol
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

The G.O.A.T of racing games

I love pgr games. I bet its some licencing thing why they arent bc.
    There is a licensing issue.

All of the Xbox 360 PGR games are no longer available to purchase digitally for the Xbox 360 on the Marketplace. They've been delisted.

Of course, you can still buy them second hand on disc for the Xbox 360, but for BC to occur, the licenses have to be available to make the game available digitally.

Microsoft is the publisher of the all the PGR titles. However, that does not mean they hold 'all' of the licenses for this game. Sports games and racing games contain multiple licenses. When they expire, they have to be paid for again. Since Microsoft
    provides BC games for free - if you own the disc - it isn't likely to renew these lapsed licenses.

I think the chances of these games becoming BC are very, very slim.
  5. Whiteleaf2012 Win User

Call of duty war zone help?

Lots of problems across Xbox right now. I'd give it a while and keep watching the support Twitter at ActiBlizz. They'll sort it
    eventually.
  6. Tr0lldem0rt Win User

Oct 30 Deal of the Week

Does that mean I can claim back the difference between full price and deal price because I did not wait a full month for the add-ons to go on deal?
Thema:

1. Does deal between Microsoft and ActiBlizz mean that I could finally play PGR games on Xbox... - Similar Threads - Does deal between

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?: If someone gets a voice chat ban in warzone, does that affect their own party voice chat too? My party can’t hear me in my party but I can hear them d2250211-35af-481f-9348-72eac4eeedd7
  4. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  5. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  6. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  7. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  8. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  9. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  10. Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again?: Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again? I just missed the $50 off that was going on leading up to Fathers Day. With the new consoles coming out in the winter, I would expect more...