Does converting offline account to Live lose saved games?

Discus and support Does converting offline account to Live lose saved games? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Earlier, in a chat session regarding a long-standing issue of trying to convert my son's offline account to a Live account, the chat agent advised me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nytwyng, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Nytwyng
    Nytwyng Guest

Earlier, in a chat session regarding a long-standing issue of trying to convert my son's offline account to a Live account, the chat agent advised me that converting an offline account to a Live account results in losing saved games. She said that it was
    to "maintain fairness in game progress." That didn't really make sense to me, as different people will join Live or start playing any given game at different times, and may not play the same amount of time. She seemed to be focusing on achievements, rather
    than saved game progress. So, I tried to clarify, saying that we didn't care about the achievements, just not having to start playing games from the beginning again. I gave an example of, if he's reached level 10 in a game offline, we want him to be able
    to have a Live account, start that same game, and be able to pick up gameplay at level 10, right where he left off. She stated that she understood and that, yes, save game data like that would be lost...all games would need to be started again.

Well, that still didn't sound right, so I conducted a test...I created a new offline account, played a bit of a game, saved it, then quit and converted the account to a Live account. On the one hand, the save game information was still there and I could
    pick up where I left off. On the other hand, there was an error preventing that account from signing in to Live, so I don't know if I can trust that test. So, I'm turning to you fine people. Can anyone confirm one way or the other if saved games are still
    available after converting an offline account to Live?

Thanks in advance!

:)

Nytwyng, Jan 17, 2014
  2. Nytwyng
    Nytwyng Guest
    Converting offline account to Live account

In another chat session right now, and am being told that converting an offline account to a Live account will result in a total loss of saved game data. Seems counter-intuitive to me. Why offer a "Join Xbox Live" option from the offline account if it's
    essentially the same thing as making a brand new, unrelated account with no existing information connected to it?

Nytwyng, Jan 17, 2014
  3. How do I transfer game save data from offline gamertag to Xbox Live gamertag?

I have an offline gamertag that currently has the majority of my Saved Games. I want transfer these saved games over to my Xbox Live account, is there any way I can transfer these saves over to my Live gamertag? I'm OK if I lose my achievements from my
    offline Gamertag. Please advise. Thanks!

ColossalWassel, Jan 17, 2014
  4. scott272
    scott272 Guest

Hi. Converting an offline profile to a xbox live profile will not remove the saved progress from the game so even if he is at level 10 he should be able to continue at level 10 (if the saved game is on the hard drive).

scott272, Jan 17, 2014
  5. Nytwyng
    Nytwyng Guest
    Thanks, Scott. I didn't think that made any sense.

Nytwyng, Jan 18, 2014
  6. Hi, I did this today\(made my offline account into a live account) and for me my game progess isn't there. My acheievements are all there but my game progess isn't there. I don't want to start from the very beginning, and i can see that my progess from what
    I played on my offline account is SAVED on the hard drive of my xbox 360. is there any way to transfer the save from the hard drive to the live account?

SummerPenguin31, May 1, 2015
  7. Hey there SummerPenguin31!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!

Mister Quimby, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Nytwyng Win User

Thanks, Scott. I didn't think that made any sense.
  9. SummerPenguin31 Win User

Hi, I did this today\(made my offline account into a live account) and for me my game progess isn't there. My acheievements are all there but my game progess isn't there. I don't want to start from the very beginning, and i can see that my progess from what
    I played on my offline account is SAVED on the hard drive of my xbox 360. is there any way to transfer the save from the hard drive to the live account?
  10. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there SummerPenguin31!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!
  11. scott272 Win User

Hi. Converting an offline profile to a xbox live profile will not remove the saved progress from the game so even if he is at level 10 he should be able to continue at level 10 (if the saved game is on the hard drive).
  12. Nytwyng Win User

Converting offline account to Live account

In another chat session right now, and am being told that converting an offline account to a Live account will result in a total loss of saved game data. Seems counter-intuitive to me. Why offer a "Join Xbox Live" option from the offline account if it's
    essentially the same thing as making a brand new, unrelated account with no existing information connected to it?
Thema:

1. Does converting offline account to Live lose saved games? - Similar Threads - Does converting offline

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  4. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  5. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  6. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  7. I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update: Does my Xbox 360 console need any updates that I am not aware of 70a07d6f-ae55-4f3c-8c1f-41f88fb585b2
  8. How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x: I go to my dads on a Thursday and Sunday and take my xbox series X which obviously has a hdmi port, the port has broke twice over the past 2 years because of this because i forgot to take the hdmi...
  9. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  10. Does xbox one guide support core innovation digital converter box

in XBoX on Windows
    Does xbox one guide support core innovation digital converter box: Does the xbox support core innovations d1d833fb-c671-430c-8828-0d4f01d111f9