Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

Discus and support Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by thesaxmaniac, Feb 21, 2024.

1. thesaxmaniac
    thesaxmaniac Guest

Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/...es-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds

Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked into at all. This issue has been driving me absolutely insane on my PC for over 5 years. I know it is the same issue on Xbox as well. I've probably sunk 100 hours into troubleshooting it with zero success. Last year I made a bunch of upgrades all at once with a new pc, new avr, new tv, and guess what, this issue persists anyway even on a completely replaced setup.

:)

thesaxmaniac, Feb 21, 2024
  2. kev edin Win User

Dolby Atmos app on xbox not working....

I have same problem everything shows as dolby atmos. I just get on with it . I dont have audio delay though 🤔

There are issues with dolby atmos that has been on going for a while though. Still no fix 🤔👍
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Dolby Atmos for Headphones question

If the game does not support Dolby Atmos, then the audio is normal stereo. Microsoft are working on updating Dolby Atmos, where if the game does not support Dolby, the audio will be converted to simulate Dolby Atmos.
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos on PC and Xbox?

Hi Thesaxmaniac, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, report this issue on the Xbox Insiders Reddit Forums*.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1asfhxk/xbox_requests_week_of_february_16th_2024/

It's the fastest way to have your request heard.

I hope this helps.

*Note: This is a non-Microsoft website.

The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information.

Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  5. Sptz Win User

Xbox Series X + Dolby Atmos = NO center channel

I'd like to add. After thorough testing. It is also introducing a delay, even on ATMOS games, like A Plague's Tale Requiem as described in that gigantic thread here that Microsoft keeps ignoring.

I understand your role in the type of reply you made but the honest truth is that Microsoft HAS to be aware of this as it's been reported endlessly since 2020 and nothing has been done to fix it or even acknowledge it. People invest in expensive equipment to experience features that should work otherwise why even have them?

At this point, Dolby Atmos Home Theatre is broken. Audio delay, missing center channel (on non atmos-games / dashboard) etc. Only 5.1 and 7.1 Uncompressed work well and you can instantly tell how responsive it is when moving around the dashboard, zero lag introduced.

It's unacceptable for Microsoft to just ignore this, what's the point on playing ATMOS games if there's a delay? What's the point in advertising ATMOS if it doesn't work properly. This delay / issue does NOT happen on PC btw, so there's something, most likely, in XBOX's software that is hindering this.
  6. Geri M. Win User

Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC

Hello Anchel Labena,

I appreciate for looking at this post and hope that all is well other than this account issue.

An eARC audio extractor is a device that can extract the full HDMI audio from any HDMI source signal and pass-through 4K or HDR video to a compatible display/TV while outputting HDMI Audio to an AV Receiver with HDMI input1. It can be useful in situations where the TV is not able to extract the audio and send it over to the soundbar without processing, as you mentioned.

Regarding Dolby Atmos implementation, it is a surround sound technology developed by Dolby Laboratories that expands on existing surround sound systems by adding height channels, allowing sounds to be interpreted as three-dimensional objects. It has been adapted to a home theater format and is the audio component of Dolby Cinema. However, the implementation of Dolby Atmos can vary depending on the device and its capabilities. For example, on Windows 10, Dolby Atmos is enabled by leveraging Microsoft’s Spatial Audio APIs.

It’s possible that the audio delay issue you’re experiencing could be related to the specific implementation of Dolby Atmos on your devices. It might be helpful to check for any updates or settings that could improve the situation.

I hope this information helps!

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos... - Similar Threads - Does anyone Microsoft

2. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  3. Does anyone know how to fix the upnp is unsuccesful message?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know how to fix the upnp is unsuccesful message?: I need help with taking out the upnp is not succesful message please help. These people from microsoft dont wanna help me. e80a7c19-dfbb-4d8b-a3f5-f721f0340fc3
  4. Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x: Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x, im looking to get a 1440p monitor thatll do 120hz on my console the monitor i had before was 1440p but it wouldnt work...
  5. Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.: I am wondering this question because recently I got $5 from Microsoft rewards which said it was for xbox. I went to see if I could use the money but realized that it was in Microsoft account and...
  6. Does anyone know how to get in contact with a Microsoft support agent?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know how to get in contact with a Microsoft support agent?: I've had an ongoing issue with the Microsoft rewards app on Xbox where it keeps telling me to update my consoles location, causing me to lose my streak. I finally got some help via a live chat...
  7. Does anyone have a problem with a game missing from their microsoft store library? Stolen...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone have a problem with a game missing from their microsoft store library? Stolen...: In my case "Sea of thieves". It is no longer in my library in my microsoft store. Furthermore, I have only one account and I do not use Gamepass or Xbox services and I have not given anyone access...
  8. Does anyone know why in Microsoft store when updating it gives error code 0x800706C6

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why in Microsoft store when updating it gives error code 0x800706C6: When I was about to update my games at Microsoft store when it gives a error message something went wrong it gives code: 0x800706C6. I was doing on LG Gram laptop. Model:14ZB90Q. Is there way to...
  9. Does anyone know why my Roblox that I downloaded from the Microsoft Store has the buttons...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why my Roblox that I downloaded from the Microsoft Store has the buttons...: This makes it difficult for me to play because many buttons are not configured correctly for their respective keys. I investigated, and I did not find any information on the problem, also, I...
  10. Does anyone know how to fix Microsoft Store and Xbox Game Bar not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know how to fix Microsoft Store and Xbox Game Bar not working?: Whenever I try to open Microsoft Store or the Xbox Game Bar, they simply don't open. I typed in Microsoft Store in the start menu, and it's there, but the thumbnail's not as it's supposed to be....