Does anyone know how to get game chat audio into obs?

Discus and support Does anyone know how to get game chat audio into obs? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Im a new streamer. I got a generic capture card from amazon and a chat link splitter. I get, video capture, and game audio capture but not game chat... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Alexis Combs, Jun 15, 2024.

1. Alexis Combs
    Alexis Combs Guest

Im a new streamer. I got a generic capture card from amazon and a chat link splitter. I get, video capture, and game audio capture but not game chat audio. I have tried everything to get even just my voice to be heard on my stream through my headset plugged into the chat link, into my controller. Im using obs to stream to twitch and tiktok, but seems to be boring with only game audio and not being able to talk to my chat in the comments. Can someone perhaps help me get game chat audio working with only the headset mic and chat link splitter? Im desperate!

:)

Alexis Combs, Jun 15, 2024
  2. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

Xbox Console Companion

Hi There,

Its possible that your chat/communication device is separate to your game/desktop audio, my Steelseries headset does this as well. What you may need to do is in OBS studio is add an additional audio device and select the communication device. This would
    allow you to stream both game audio and chat audio separately and set them to different volumes.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Party Chat audio too low when streaming to OBS through the console companion app

I will try to word this as best as possible without it being confusing.

Xbox Streaming Setup -

I use an Xbox one and a PC to stream my Xbox gameplay to OBS via the console companion app.

However, I always find that my party chat audio is too low, I can turn it up in the "OBS Desktop Audio" setting, which seems to increase game and party chat audio. But in order for OBS to pickup the game and party chat audio, I need to it be playing out of my monitor speakers.

If I have this too loud, then there is an echo on stream, as the audio coming from the monitors is replayed through my USB microphone. Is there any way that I can increase the audio without having to increase it through my monitor too?

My Xbox controller is connected to my Xbox, with earphones I use to speak to party chat. I have a USB mic that I use to talk to people in chat.

If you have any questions about the setup or any vital information I have missed out, please let me know. Thanks.
    Don't know for sure as it's been a long time since I had a monitor with built-in speakers (and don't know your make and model) but can you not mute the monitor's speakers? OBS doesn't actually need the speakers to be outputting anything, just setup so they will output if on....when I stream, I have my audio going through a stereo and, once I am satisfied the audio is right, I turn the stero off.
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

Companion App and Party Chat Audio - Mixer/Streamlabs OBS

The setting you'll be looking for is on the Xbox, and it needs to be set to have the Party Audio either: "Speakers Only" or "Speakers and Headset". That will put the audio in a channel that is being picked up by the display channel, and will be picked up
    by OBS. Assuming you have audio channel on your PC for OBS, as party chat on the Xbox doesn't output your voice on your set.

Let me know if you need some clarification or if this doesn't work for you.
  5. The Oragin Win User

Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter - echoing problems?

I have the x12s i get game audio just fine and i can hear chat but chat is very low, also my game audio plays through the audio, so I have game audio then have chat with the echo of game audio, so i have 2 game audio sounds with a faint chat audio. anyone
    know of a way to fix this, or atleast the audio echo of the game. I can turn my game audio all the way down and only have chat audio on but im still hearing game audio over chat, first time I used it for my xbox one all day I played with just chat audio and
    didnt know because I hear both audios through my chat audio.
  6. slangille Win User

Stream on xbox one x

The best way to do that is to have a PC and a capture card and using a software like OBS and an app similar to Discord. You both get in a Discord voice chat and since it runs through your pc you include your desktop audio and it will include your chat
    between the two of you. There is currently no way to support cross platform party chats, but this is how I have done it and it works great. Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Does anyone know how to get game chat audio into obs? - Similar Threads - Does anyone game

2. does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...: I have been looking for literal HOURS on the internet and havnet found anything. I went to every setting and still nothing. if anyone could help me, that would be amazing....
  3. Hi, does anyone else notice any issues with their graphics in game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, does anyone else notice any issues with their graphics in game?: I'm noticing issues mainly in Forza and call of duty. It almost looks like I have a terrible connection and the details of the map don't want to render completely, it's like playing on below 720p...
  4. Does anyone else experience a weird "clicking" sound when playing Xbox 360 games while on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone else experience a weird "clicking" sound when playing Xbox 360 games while on...: Hey, i have been experiencing an odd clicking/crackling sound on my new Xbox Series X. games include Fallout New Vegas and Far Cry 2. The sound seems to stop if i switch to mono, but I'd like to...
  5. Does anyone know how to fix the Game Bar that will not open with Windows 11?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to fix the Game Bar that will not open with Windows 11?: Game Bar no longer opens when I use the shortcut Windows + G. I have gone into my apps, uninstalled the game bar, and reinstalled it. This did not work either. Upon clicking the shortcut on my...
  6. BG3 Can’t continue an existing Private multiplayer game with friend. Does anyone know if...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BG3 Can’t continue an existing Private multiplayer game with friend. Does anyone know if...: BG3 just launched on Xbox. Started a fresh new game with a friend. On PC / Steam we did not need to access the landing page Multiplayer menu which seemed like a match making or select a server...
  7. Hi does anyone know how I’m able to fix my game so that when I turn my iPhone sideways the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi does anyone know how I’m able to fix my game so that when I turn my iPhone sideways the...: Hi does anyone know how I’m able to fix my game so that when I turn my iPhone sideways the game I have streamed in it will also turn to the side I have it on ce4c95f1-62e7-488c-984a-2c58e210927a
  8. Does anyone know how to fix Xbox one problem..it will not launch any games or apps and says...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to fix Xbox one problem..it will not launch any games or apps and says...: Does anyone know how to fix Xbox one problem....won't launch Amy games or apps...just pauses for a couple seconds when I click and says having problem launching 28512a93-5ae7-4129-9a72-604e0ec74a75
  9. Does anyone have a problem with a game missing from their microsoft store library? Stolen...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone have a problem with a game missing from their microsoft store library? Stolen...: In my case "Sea of thieves". It is no longer in my library in my microsoft store. Furthermore, I have only one account and I do not use Gamepass or Xbox services and I have not given anyone access...
  10. Does anyone know how to fix my xbox's loading problem for games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to fix my xbox's loading problem for games?: I recently started having a major problem with my Xbox One S. Two of my core games are fortnite and rocket league and both are having problems, but it doesn't seem like an Epic Games thing. For...