Does anyone know how i can add an alias phone number to my account in order to Redeem Rewards?

Discus and support Does anyone know how i can add an alias phone number to my account in order to Redeem Rewards? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I have been passed back and forth between Ms support and the Ms rewards support. Ms rewards support have stated that i need to add an alias... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Nyx999, Oct 31, 2023.

1. Nyx999
    Nyx999 Guest

Does anyone know how i can add an alias phone number to my account in order to Redeem Rewards?

Hello,

I have been passed back and forth between Ms support and the Ms rewards support. Ms rewards support have stated that i need to add an alias phone number to redeem rewards and every time i try to add my phone number it states i can not add an alias phone number.

I have been told by Ms Support that alias phone numbers are only for legacy skype users. I have tried to add my partners phone number as an alternative as thats the only other number We own in our household. Ms support are adamant that you have to have an alias email which i already have my main email account linked to the alias as a primary alias. Both Ms support and Ms Rewards support are contradicting each other and no one from either side will actually help me with fixing this.

I have been able to redeem rewards for years and all of a sudden NOW i need to verify my account with my mobile number. It was already linked to this account and i had to delete it as a form of sign in and use an authenticator app instead to see if that would work and it doesn't. I have absolutely no way of redeeming rewards now, rendering this service useless. I can not redeem any rewards on the bing app, my xbox, on an internet browser, i have tried everything. If Ms support actually look at my account history they can actually see this.

I just believe now that they are out to punish their loyal customers who have been with them for years over an 'alias' log in that has absolutely nothing to do with verifying your account.
    Does anyone know how i can add an alias phone number to my account in order to Redeem Rewards? [​IMG]

Does anyone know how i can add an alias phone number to my account in order to Redeem Rewards? [​IMG]

Has anyone found a work around? Ms support just copy and paste a response and close your ticket down without verifying if the issue is fixed. All i have received over the past 2 weeks is passing from one support to the other and they just copy and paste a response and then ignore you.

:)

Nyx999, Oct 31, 2023
  2. Nyx999 Win User

Hi Darhyl,

I believe to have hopefully (fingers crossed) got somewhere with the support teams and i think (i hope) they are looking into it. i have used some technical computer terminology so i hope they will investigate into my account further.

Anjali, i would follow the link Darhyl posted and raise a ticket with MS Rewards support. Explain that you are facing issues with not being able to pass the verification process due to the code of programming not allowing you to move forward. Implore them to look into the technical side of how they have programmed the coding as this is not working. Their whole rewards system is faulty at the moment for some customers. I also asked them to look into the history of my account and see that i have been redeeming rewards for years so there is something wrong there that MS have changed the code in how you redeem. I also asked them to look at my history of ticket raising to see how many tickets i have raised and how i have been passed from one person to the next and been told contradictory things like MS support state that the Alias number is for legacy skype users. I did implore them to actually look at their systems as it is rendering their services useless to their loyal customers.

Good luck and i will keep you guys updated.

kind regards,
  3. Nyx999 Win User

Thank you Anjali for saying that you are also facing problems. I am sure there are more customers out there who are experiencing the same issue. Hopefully MS will acknowledge their mistakes and fix the problem instead of punishing their loyal customers.
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Thank you so much for the update!

Let's hope for the best! If you feel the need to send your feedback regarding the rewards system being faulty, you can report this through the feedback hub app where you can give suggestions directly to Microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-hub-app-f59187f8-8739-22d6-ba93-f66612949332

Nothing to worry! Microsoft greatly appreciates any feedback from their customers on how to improve their overall services.

Best regards,
    Darhyl
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

phone numbers are needed to verify your account and thst you live in a supported region
  6. Nyx999 Win User

Oh Darhyl bless you for trying. I don't think MS rewards will ALLOW me to submit another ticket. :( Honestly they are just shafting their customers. I can't move past anything on my phone or pc, even my Xbox is now asking for a phone number.
Thema:

1. Does anyone know how i can add an alias phone number to my account in order to Redeem Rewards? - Similar Threads - Does anyone add

2. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  3. Does anyone know how to fix the upnp is unsuccesful message?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know how to fix the upnp is unsuccesful message?: I need help with taking out the upnp is not succesful message please help. These people from microsoft dont wanna help me. e80a7c19-dfbb-4d8b-a3f5-f721f0340fc3
  4. Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x: Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x, im looking to get a 1440p monitor thatll do 120hz on my console the monitor i had before was 1440p but it wouldnt work...
  5. Does anyone know how to get game chat audio into obs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know how to get game chat audio into obs?: Im a new streamer. I got a generic capture card from amazon and a chat link splitter. I get, video capture, and game audio capture but not game chat audio. I have tried everything to get even just...
  6. Does anyone know when the final version of the June update will be available?. HELP!!

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know when the final version of the June update will be available?. HELP!!: I have an Xbox One S that was enrolled in Xbox Insider, the hard drive was damaged and the system version does not allow installing another hard drive with the update available on the Xbox page....
  7. Does anyone know what’s wrong with my Xbox one x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know what’s wrong with my Xbox one x?: My Xbox one X won’t play Xbox one games everytime I try to play one it crashes back to the dashboard immediately after clicking into it. I have tried all of the troubleshooting but nothing helped....
  8. Does anyone know what this problem is

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know what this problem is: I’ve recently gotten back on my Xbox one but I keep getting network issues when my internet connection is working fine and with the settings saying a service is having issues but doesn’t tell me...
  9. Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording...: Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording issue is set to come out? Every time I press start recording it immediately stops the recording. I’ve been...
  10. Does anyone know where I could buy replacement magnets for my elite series 2 controller?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know where I could buy replacement magnets for my elite series 2 controller?: 3 of my magnets broke so I’m trying to find replacements and i don’t want to buy a whole new controller. submitted by /u/crackheadflorida [link] [comments]