does anyone know a step by step guide to setting up a Talk Talk router to Xbox One been...

Discus and support does anyone know a step by step guide to setting up a Talk Talk router to Xbox One been... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can someone help me sort my router settings out with Talk Talk please. I put an ethernet cable into my router to the Xbox and the lag when i play is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by A Stirling, Jan 9, 2024.

1. A Stirling
    A Stirling Guest

does anyone know a step by step guide to setting up a Talk Talk router to Xbox One been...

Can someone help me sort my router settings out with Talk Talk please. I put an ethernet cable into my router to the Xbox and the lag when i play is ridiculous. The cable is brand new and a high gig. I tried powering everthing down properly and resetting everthing that needed it but still just as bad. Also on my router all the ports Xbox requires to game are there but when i go to pair them with my Xbox One none of them are there to match up ( maybe thats normal but thought it was weird ) i havemt had a decent of CoD in. About a year because i’m always the last to know i’m in a gunfight. Everything else seems to work fine. Phones, Laptop etc! ‍♂️ please help

:)

A Stirling, Jan 9, 2024
  2. Jhonkito Win User

does anyone know a step by step guide to setting up a Talk Talk router to Xbox One been having issues for ages now and its annoying af

Hi, A my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

I understand your frustration with the lag on your Xbox One despite having a good internet connection setup. Let's try to troubleshoot the issue with your Talk Talk router and Xbox One step-by-step:

Check Internet Connection:

Speed Test: Run a speed test on your Xbox One or a computer connected to the Talk Talk router. Aim for download speeds exceeding 25 Mbps for smooth online gaming. If the speeds are significantly lower than expected, contact Talk Talk support for further assistance.

Modem/Router Check: Ensure your Talk Talk modem and router are powered on and connected correctly. Restart both devices by turning them off, waiting for 30 seconds, and then powering them back on.

Ethernet Cable:

Double-check the connection: Verify that the ethernet cable is securely plugged into both the Xbox One and the Talk Talk router. Try a different ethernet port on the router if available.

Cable Quality: Ensure the ethernet cable is rated for high-speed internet (Cat 5e or Cat 6) and isn't damaged.

Talk Talk Router Settings:

Port Forwarding: Open the required ports for Xbox Live on your Talk Talk router. The specific ports you need to forward will depend on your router model. You can find a list of recommended ports for Xbox Live on the Microsoft website:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/connect-network/network-ports-used-xbox-live.

Access your router's settings page using its IP address (usually ***********) and search for "port forwarding" or "gaming settings." Enter the required ports and the IP address of your Xbox One (see step 4).

DMZ (Optional): Consider placing your Xbox One in the DMZ of your router. This opens all ports for the device, although it comes with security risks. Use this option only if the port forwarding step doesn't solve the issue.

Xbox One Network Settings:

IP Address: Check your Xbox One's network settings and ensure it has a valid IP address (not *******). If it's set to "DHCP," the router should automatically assign it an address.

Test Network Connection: Run a network test on your Xbox One. This will diagnose any connectivity issues and display detailed information like upload/download speeds, packet loss, and latency.

Additional Tips:

Wireless Interference: Consider the possibility of wireless interference, especially if you're using a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi connection. Try switching to a 5 GHz band if your router supports it.

Background Downloads: Make sure no other devices are downloading large files or streaming video while you're playing on your Xbox One.

This can saturate your internet bandwidth and cause lag.

I hope the information I gave you has been useful, have a happy day.
  3. BrianAndrzejewski Win User

Xbox one x System Error E102 00000c01 80070003

I should have stated that the steps I took were from that guide. Anyone know how to talk to a person?
  4. Mister Gwyther Win User

MTU Setting Error That seems impossible to get through...PLEASE HELP!!!

Hey there Ronniezz! The MTU setting will need to be done on the router. I would suggest talking to someone at your building about setting this up if they can. You can refer to our MTU guide (forums.xbox.com/.../7.aspx)
    for steps/suggestions on setting this up properly. Let me know if this helps, thanks!
  5. Wisetree Win User

I'm puzzled on alert nofication when it comes to enforcement

So, I can't talk to anyone at all as it tells me so. The two options they give me are setting up my Xboxone as a "Home". The second is to use a virtual agent to help me walkthrough the steps of setting one up. They talk about reporting yet I don't see a option for that. I do beleived I did set my Xbox one account to home. Not what I was expecting. =/
  6. Knight0fs Win User

Step by step guide to trading games on PS4

This video is getting 40-140 likes every time I reload 0.0
Thema:

1. does anyone know a step by step guide to setting up a Talk Talk router to Xbox One been... - Similar Threads - does anyone step

2. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  3. Does anyone know how to fix the upnp is unsuccesful message?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know how to fix the upnp is unsuccesful message?: I need help with taking out the upnp is not succesful message please help. These people from microsoft dont wanna help me. e80a7c19-dfbb-4d8b-a3f5-f721f0340fc3
  4. Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x: Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x, im looking to get a 1440p monitor thatll do 120hz on my console the monitor i had before was 1440p but it wouldnt work...
  5. Does anyone know how to get game chat audio into obs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know how to get game chat audio into obs?: Im a new streamer. I got a generic capture card from amazon and a chat link splitter. I get, video capture, and game audio capture but not game chat audio. I have tried everything to get even just...
  6. Does anyone know when the final version of the June update will be available?. HELP!!

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know when the final version of the June update will be available?. HELP!!: I have an Xbox One S that was enrolled in Xbox Insider, the hard drive was damaged and the system version does not allow installing another hard drive with the update available on the Xbox page....
  7. Does anyone know what’s wrong with my Xbox one x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know what’s wrong with my Xbox one x?: My Xbox one X won’t play Xbox one games everytime I try to play one it crashes back to the dashboard immediately after clicking into it. I have tried all of the troubleshooting but nothing helped....
  8. Does anyone know what this problem is

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know what this problem is: I’ve recently gotten back on my Xbox one but I keep getting network issues when my internet connection is working fine and with the settings saying a service is having issues but doesn’t tell me...
  9. Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording...: Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording issue is set to come out? Every time I press start recording it immediately stops the recording. I’ve been...
  10. Does anyone know where I could buy replacement magnets for my elite series 2 controller?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know where I could buy replacement magnets for my elite series 2 controller?: 3 of my magnets broke so I’m trying to find replacements and i don’t want to buy a whole new controller. submitted by /u/crackheadflorida [link] [comments]