Does amazon fire stick and google chromecast work on xbox 360 to watch movies

Discus and support Does amazon fire stick and google chromecast work on xbox 360 to watch movies in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have an xbox 360 and I only got Netflix and prime videos and I like to watch other movie apps but I cant so I was wondering if amazon fire stick or... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by louisecarr2, May 21, 2021.

1. louisecarr2
    louisecarr2 Guest

I have an xbox 360 and I only got Netflix and prime videos and I like to watch other movie apps but I cant so I was wondering if amazon fire stick or anything like that would work on my xbox 360 please help me out thanks

:)

louisecarr2, May 21, 2021
  2. Farscape247 Win User

if you have a firestick then why dont you plug that into the tv which it was made for, the 360 does not support that device no.
  3. YohaanPatel Win User

If you have an amazon fire TV stick I recommend you plug it into your TV directly as your Xbox 360 WILL NOT support it.
  4. Charles SN Win User

Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it won't play there. How can I get it to play there?

Hi Charles *. My name is Mauricio am an Xbox ambassador and also part of the Xbox community. Please: Go to Microsoft Store app, choose Setting then Downloads, My Library or Puchased to look for your movies to download them. Thanks
    Thanks, Mauricio. If I download the movie, will I then be able to either watch it on the Movies Anywhere app and/or cast it to Google Chromecast?

Thanks.
  5. SSJ MAURO Win User

Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it won't play there. How can I get it to play there?

Hi Charles you can watch movies with the Microsoft Movies and TV app on your device. Also you can stream media by casting it to a device.
    Hi Charles you can watch movies with the Microsoft Movies and TV app on your device. Also you can stream media by casting it to a device.
    Hi again. I wish you could explain to me how to do this. My TV displays our cable on HDMI1. We have our Google Chromecast device connected to HDMI2. When we want to stream content from our phones or laptops, we switch the TV to HDMI2, and the streaming apps connect automatically. When I try to stream this Microsoft movie (Sorcerer, 1977) to the Chromecast on HDMI2, it says it can't connect. Likewise, just trying to cast it to the TV via HDMI1 does not connect, either. The only other ports available are InputAV1 and InputComponent, neither of which have a device connected, but the movie will not connect or cast to either of those. Please help me to be able to cast this movie from my Surface laptop to my Chromecast (in HDMI2 port on Samsung Smart TV). Also, is there any way I can access the movie on my Samsung S21 smart phone?

If you are using Microsoft Movies and TV it is not compatible with Chromecast as a workaround you can mirror your computer to your tv that should work, for Samsung smart phones I will recommend to contact their support site for more information, curently there is no app for android to watch them.
  6. Charles SN Win User

I've learned that this particular movie (Sorcerer, 1977) is distributed by Paramount and thus won't play on Movies Anywhere because MA doesn't have a contractual agreement with Paramount.

Therefore, what I really need your help with is how to cast this movie from my Microsoft Surface laptop's Movies & TV app. When I try to cast this movie, it simply will not connect to either the Samsung TV or the Google Chromecast. That's what I need help with. Is there any way I can speak with you on the phone about this? Or otherwise, is there any way you can help me?

Hi again. I wish you could explain to me how to do this. My TV displays our cable on HDMI1. We have our Google Chromecast device connected to HDMI2. When we want to stream content from our phones or laptops, we switch the TV to HDMI2, and the streaming apps connect automatically. When I try to stream this Microsoft movie (Sorcerer, 1977) to the Chromecast on HDMI2, it says it can't connect. Likewise, just trying to cast it to the TV via HDMI1 does not connect, either. The only other ports available are InputAV1 and InputComponent, neither of which have a device connected, but the movie will not connect or cast to either of those. Please help me to be able to cast this movie from my Surface laptop to my Chromecast (in HDMI2 port on Samsung Smart TV). Also, is there any way I can access the movie on my Samsung S21 smart phone?

If you are using Microsoft Movies and TV it is not compatible with Chromecast as a workaround you can mirror your computer to your tv that should work, for Samsung smart phones I will recommend to contact their support site for more information, curently there is no app for android to watch them.
Thema:

1. Does amazon fire stick and google chromecast work on xbox 360 to watch movies - Similar Threads - Does amazon fire

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?: If someone gets a voice chat ban in warzone, does that affect their own party voice chat too? My party can’t hear me in my party but I can hear them d2250211-35af-481f-9348-72eac4eeedd7
  4. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  5. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  6. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  7. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  8. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  9. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  10. Does Microsoft offer any app for in app game purchases for Android phone A13 besides Amazon...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Microsoft offer any app for in app game purchases for Android phone A13 besides Amazon...: I'm trying to find a Microsoft app to download to make in app game purchases for Bingo Blitz. I know Microsoft has Amazon app store and Microsoft store but neither one will work for me to make...