Does a wireless keyboard and mouse work on Xbox one s?

Discus and support Does a wireless keyboard and mouse work on Xbox one s? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son is keen to have a keyboard for Roblox, he is looking at USB keyboards and mice, will they work on the Xbox one s please?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by CJR23, Aug 18, 2020.

1. CJR23
    CJR23 Guest

My son is keen to have a keyboard for Roblox, he is looking at USB keyboards and mice, will they work on the Xbox one s please?

:)

CJR23, Aug 18, 2020
  2. MisterBronze
    MisterBronze New Member
    Hi there, I stumbled upon this thread and was in a position to test it out for you, so I thought I'd create an account and reply.

Wireless mice and keyboards do work on Xbox One. I have a Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse and a Logitech K400 keyboard and both function fine. You will need 2 spare USB ports though, as both devices need their own wireless receiver. They work wirelessly no problem, though and I played a few games of COD: Modern Warfare this way to check. Roblox also supports mouse/keyboard.

I hope that helps.

MisterBronze, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Does it work?

4. napalm 31337 Win User

wireless mouse connection.

I recently got a razer mamba wireless mouse for the xbox one s. it says its compatible but wont work via wireless receiver. I'm playing games that are mouse and keyboard compatible too.
    Have you correctly connected the USB dongle of oyur mouse in one USB port of the console? Because there is no other way to work, you can't associate the mouse directly to the console.
  5. RedBullet Win User

keyboard and mouse?

Keyboard does work, I rebooted the machine and it sees and uses my logitech wireless keyboard just fine!

Would be better if a mouse also worked, but keyboard was pretty key.
  6. xA7XxDeathBat Win User

Keyboard and mouse

Good morning! As long as you are talking about the Series S or X, then according to sources yes, almost any Keyboard or Mouse will be suitable. Please see below:

"The USB transmitters that ship alongside wireless gaming mice and keyboards handle all the data communication between your peripherals and your console. This means that almost all wireless keyboards and mice will work with Xbox Series X and S."

There is a very informative article on the devices here:

https://dotesports.com/hardware/news/how-to-use-keyboard-and-mouse-on-xbox-series-x-or-s

Of course, that being said, devices made specifically for the system will have more finely tuned compatibility.

Hopefully this helps!
  7. sandy the hippy Win User

Xbox keyboard and mouse?

I think the specifics of the question aren't about using mouse and keyboard, but rather if you can use a keyboard and mouse that operate via a wireless dongle.

That is, plug dongle into Xbox, then mouse and keyboard comme t to dongle, wirelessly.

I'm not sure that this works, though.

Upon looking at support site, which specifically states WIRED USB keyboard and mouse, so I'm unsure

EDIT: , there may in fact be models supported by console that are wireless, but not just any wireless keyboard will function so check first
Thema:

1. Does a wireless keyboard and mouse work on Xbox one s? - Similar Threads - Does wireless keyboard

2. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  3. My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it: The Internet works fine on everything else. ead1a9fe-d0af-4431-9005-424964e655e8
  4. New Xbox wireless headset does not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox wireless headset does not work: My new Xbox wireless headset was working fine for an week and now it does not turn on. I have tried the reset method and it still doesn’t work. When I plug it to my console the white light cycle...
  5. Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?: I dont know how to fix this issue and tried many of the troubleshooting tips but when on my xbox series X sometimes randomly it will completely disconnect from my wireless internet connection and...
  6. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  7. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  8. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  9. Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.: I have tried multiple different wireless adapter devices and drivers and reset my computer multiple times in an attempt to use an xbox 360 controller to play rocket league/overcooked but my pc...
  10. does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...: does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to connect my turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 xbox headset to my pc? 44c096fb-f60c-480b-a9a6-52b7ad237817

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does wireless keyboard and mouse work on xbox?