“Do you own this game or app?” Halo MCC not working on Xbox one

Discus and support “Do you own this game or app?” Halo MCC not working on Xbox one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Bought Halo MCC on my pc through the Xbox app and played it for about two years straight, decided to get an Xbox one so I could play the campaign with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by brett meers, Jul 17, 2023.

1. brett meers
    brett meers Guest

Bought Halo MCC on my pc through the Xbox app and played it for about two years straight, decided to get an Xbox one so I could play the campaign with my friends. I was able to download Halo MCC and play the online coop last night on my Xbox one, then I wake up this message saying “ do you own this game or app” basically stating that I don’t “own it”. Curious why it’s not working anymore. Any help is appreciated

:)

brett meers, Jul 17, 2023
  2. MAXIMUS SUPREMO Win User

Bought Xbox game not appearing on Xbox mobile app and Others pop up instead

Thank you for your response XBF. I already checked to see that the gamertag and email that was on my Xbox console matched the one that was on my Xbox app. However, when you say that Halo MCC is available on Xbox One and Series X does that mean that even though it does not work on the app if I sign on another Xbox One or get my own Series X the game will appear? I hope this is the case as I can live with MCC being on console alone, but if it does not appear when I upgrade to Series X then I'm going to have a problem. Is there another library other than the app I can use to confirm the presence of Halo MCC among my owned games.
  3. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm a Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you.

Keep in mind that Halo MCC is not a "Play Anywhere" game, that is, if you bought the PC license unfortunately you will not be able to use it on a console.

If you bought the console version, Try to perform a cache clear with the following steps.

Remove your account from the console

1. Press and hold the Power button on the front of your Xbox until the console turns off.

2. Unplug the power cord from the back of your Xbox.

3. Wait a minute, and then plug the power cord back in.

4. Press the Power button on your Xbox to turn it back on.

5. Your cache should be clear at this point.

Log back in with the account.

I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

Best Regards.
  4. Panno92 Win User

mcc on pc

Hi, do you own the master MCC on xbox with a digital copy or a physic (on DVD) one?

I honestly did not heard about the fact that the MCC will be free for PC players who already own the xbox version, but note that the campaign of Halo reach is not included in the base MCC but it is available as a standalone DLC for 10$, so even if if you
    own the MCC you will not be able to play the single player of halo reach if you do not buy the DLC, you can also play it with an active subscription of the game pass since they have included the complete MCC with reach and ODST in it.
  5. AngryRampager Win User

Halo MCC problems

So you try to install Halo 1 from the MCC and it stops downloading at a certain percent every time? Are you trying to install on an external HD, or the internal one? I assume you've already tried a power cycle? Also have you tried installing other games
    and seeing if they will fully install, or if it is just this one game in particular that will not work?
    both on the internal and external drives idk what to do both halo mcc and halo 5 don't want to work for me the rest of the halo games work ( reach, odst ce, etc.) But not halo 5 and mcc both pre owned again
  6. GodsAssassin007 Win User

Halo MCC problems

So you try to install Halo 1 from the MCC and it stops downloading at a certain percent every time? Are you trying to install on an external HD, or the internal one? I assume you've already tried a power cycle? Also have you tried installing other games
    and seeing if they will fully install, or if it is just this one game in particular that will not work?

both on the internal and external drives idk what to do both halo mcc and halo 5 don't want to work for me the rest of the halo games work ( reach, odst ce, etc.) But not halo 5 and mcc both pre owned again
    Try doing what Echo4Ent suggests. If that still does. Not work you may need to reach out to the official support line for help.
Thema:

1. “Do you own this game or app?” Halo MCC not working on Xbox one - Similar Threads - “Do own game

2. How do i install a game I own instead of the Game Pass version?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i install a game I own instead of the Game Pass version?: I bought the Conan Complete Edition and when I try to install it Game Pass installs the Game Pass version of the base game along with my DLCs that are included with the complete edition. I've...
  3. I have a shared disc and i cant launch the game it keeps on sayin Do you own this game or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a shared disc and i cant launch the game it keeps on sayin Do you own this game or...: I have a shared disc and i cant launch the game it keeps on sayin Do you own this game or app can i get help 9691b197-919c-4875-9d1c-1982e1015db6
  4. Minecraft for windows Is saying I do not own the full game when I do, can I have some help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft for windows Is saying I do not own the full game when I do, can I have some help?: It is on the same account as before It is in the purchase history Have tried reinstalling app store and repairing the minecraft luancher The store says it is owned Followed the prompts to but...
  5. Minecraft is saying I don't own the full game when I do. Can I have some help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft is saying I don't own the full game when I do. Can I have some help: I have tried Reinstalling minecraft Repairing the luancher Reseting the store Following the promts(cannot rebuy the starter or master) Microsoft store says I own it as well...
  6. Do I need to buy xbox game pass core or ultimate to play multiplayer games even if I own...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need to buy xbox game pass core or ultimate to play multiplayer games even if I own...: I have a question if I own a multiplayer game do I still need to buy game pass ultimate or core e2cbdd2b-8593-4824-8f7d-2c0da1d599d2
  7. GTA V says I do not have permission to play online despite owning the game and having Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA V says I do not have permission to play online despite owning the game and having Xbox...: I am trying to access GTA online but I cannot. Please help 29c062a4-9f7d-43b8-baf2-0e68caf4a59f
  8. Why is my Minecraft launcher telling me I do not own MC:Java, a game I bought 10 years ago ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Minecraft launcher telling me I do not own MC:Java, a game I bought 10 years ago ?: I'm coming from the Mojang support which has an automatic answer stating that they cant do anything account related. My exact problem was clearly stated by another user on your forum but found no...
  9. Keep getting “do you own the game “ and “please clean your disc “ and “there was a problem “

in XboX Insiders
    Keep getting “do you own the game “ and “please clean your disc “ and “there was a problem “: It’s not the update or trouble shooting cuz I already did that . It’s been months since I played my disc game cuz everytime I insert it , this message appears . It’s also not letting me install...
  10. How do I How do I transfer games into my own xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I How do I transfer games into my own xbox: How do I transfer from my auto account that I can't get into my new account? When i'm almost there for a three game and I'll transfer 0df584da-7fdf-49ee-a4a4-47dcd9786a0a