Do you need Xbox Live Gold to play Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition online?

Discus and support Do you need Xbox Live Gold to play Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition online? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Question is in the title ^. f13a136a-76c3-403d-9489-f359315b04e7 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Than Pixel, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Than Pixel
    Than Pixel Guest

Question is in the title ^.

:)

Than Pixel, Jan 28, 2020
  2. rawcell Win User

How do I play Sea of Thieves using only Windows 10 without using Xbox Live?

Hi!

Windows 10 games don't need to Xbox Live Gold to play online. Ont the other hand, Xbox Live Gold is needed to play online on Xbox.

However, you can't play with each other if you both use the same account, even one is on Windows 10, and the other on Xbox.

edit: Refunds can be requested by logging into https://www.xbox.com/refunds
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Can someone please answer a Minecraft Realms question?

Hey Mr P

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread.

Bedrock is the version that is on consoles and mobile devices. So, yes, if you updated your console version you have the Bedrock version that is simple titled "Minecraft". Minecraft Windows 10 Edition is the only exception to this. Minecraft Windows
    10 Edition also uses the Bedrock engine. If you have something such as "Minecraft Xbox One Edition", this is not the up-to-date version.

On PC [Bedrock and Java] you do not need to have a Xbox Live Gold subscription to play online.

I hope this was able to clear up any confusion or turmoil this might have caused.
  4. Ackis Win User

Connect to Xbox One Minecraft Game

Looked through some of the help articles - man the information is confusing.

Anyways from what I'm inferring from the posts is that you can play Windows 10 to Windows 10, and Pocket Edition to Windows 10 and that's it right now.

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/games/game-titles/minecraft-help-on-different-devices

"You can play Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta with other devices running Pocket Edition, such as Windows 10 and Windows Phone devices. Right now, you can play local multiplayer on Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta. Soon after the launch, online
    play will be available for Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta."

http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/games/game-titles/minecraft-windows-10-edition-beta-faq#a5eebb2f431442ff850f552a209f44ed

Can I play online with other people on Windows 10? Or on different devices?

You can play with up to four other people running Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta or Pocket Edition on your local network. You can also play online with up to four of your Xbox Live friends in online multiplayer gaming.
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

Multiplayer Minecraft Family Sharing Cross-Platform

Yes, on Xbox consoles, for paid games to be able to be played online, yes, the Live Gold ia needed. :/

No worries, glad I can help.

So, actually you don't need to remove them from your family account, what tou could do, is to subscribe to Game Pass ultimate, since doing so, you they will have access to both Minecraft bedrock (all the vesions including windows 10 edition, xbox edition and pocket edition) and Minecraft Java edition, as well as all of the gamepass games and the Xbox Live gold. :)

But in order for your both kids could enjoy it, each of them should have a subscription, since they will not be able to play together if they share this subscription. Thats one way.
  6. TheGamingLord Win User

Minecraft Servers

Depending on your hardware availability, you can play the Bedrock Edition against multiple devices. If you have Minecraft on an Android or iDevice, or on Windows 10 you can play with Xbox players with no subscriptions required.

If you have it on Xbox One, PS4, or Switch, you would still need to pay for Live Gold, PS Plus, or Switch Online respectively.
Thema:

1. Do you need Xbox Live Gold to play Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition online? - Similar Threads - need Live Gold

2. I need a refund for Xbox live gold charge. How can I get a refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    I need a refund for Xbox live gold charge. How can I get a refund?: I need a refund for Xbox live gold charge $59.00 because I have not had a gaming account for two years. a476b7eb-1748-4709-9174-f3071b2ce514
  3. do i need to have an x-box live account to access the gold and diamond keys in borderlands 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    do i need to have an x-box live account to access the gold and diamond keys in borderlands 3: would very much like to know if i can get the golden and diamond keys in borderlands 3 just by progressing in the game, or do i need an x-box live account, 6a959c65-0ce2-4cbc-873e-18266d3b5e11
  4. I can not sign into Remant 2 , it says I need xbox live gold. But I have ultimate game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can not sign into Remant 2 , it says I need xbox live gold. But I have ultimate game pass: I can not play Remnant 2 , it won't let me login . Says I need xbox live gold. But I have ultimate game pass c0926a84-7c92-4e5b-81ac-675b788f4aba
  5. I need Xbox live gold to play ONLINE minecraft but I have Xbox live?

in XBoX on Windows
    I need Xbox live gold to play ONLINE minecraft but I have Xbox live?: Hi, so I own minecraft and I share live gold with someone but the problem is I still need Xbox live gold? I don't pay for it but I have It and It still won't let me play online. I tried...
  6. i have xbox live gold but when i try open rainbow six seige it says you may need to renew...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have xbox live gold but when i try open rainbow six seige it says you may need to renew...: i have xbox live gold but when i try open rainbow six seige it says you may need to renew your game pass even tho it’s still current what do i do? 078dbd88-dbc6-42f1-b5e4-f7eae839ba33
  7. Do i need the xbox gamepass or the xbox live gold to play gta online? (i have the physical...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do i need the xbox gamepass or the xbox live gold to play gta online? (i have the physical...: Do i need the xbox gamepass or the xbox live gold to play gta online? (i have the physical copy) 07d9a1dc-bdad-4783-b9d8-2b622dfe6663
  8. Do I need Live Gold to play with my friend on minecraft, (Both are on Xbox)?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Do I need Live Gold to play with my friend on minecraft, (Both are on Xbox)?: Hello, I want to play minecraft with a friend but we do not have live gold. My friend and I are both on a Xbox device and want to play together, Is Live gold mandatory?...
  9. Do I need 2 gold live accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need 2 gold live accounts?: My son and I both have Xbox consoles and we both have a gold live account( His is under my wife’s email). Can we play fortnite for example simultaneously with one account or do I need to keep 2...
  10. Do I need Live Gold to play online? Or does Live Free work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need Live Gold to play online? Or does Live Free work?: For years I have been paying for Live Gold to play Fortnite multiplayer. Tonight, I heard about Live Free/Silver. Some websites say you can play Fortnite with Xbox Live Free. Others say you must...