Do you need to buy live gold membership to be able to use Netflix and hbo apps

Discus and support Do you need to buy live gold membership to be able to use Netflix and hbo apps in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Do you need to buy live gold membership to be able to use Netflix and hbo apps de1fbfa1-67f2-4787-8930-b855c07503c6 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LeadTundra15078, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Do you need to buy live gold membership to be able to use Netflix and hbo apps

:)

LeadTundra15078, Nov 14, 2016
  2. the game cannot be played on netflix ,hulu hbo go

Hello Edgy Mosquito !

From what i can decipher from your question is that you are having trouble getting Netflix, Hulu and HBO to work on your console.

Is "EdgyMosquito118" the gamertag you are trying to access these apps on? Because this account appears to be only a SILVER Membership, and all of the specified apps require an Xbox Live GOLD Membership for you to make use of them. Not only that, but you
    will need an individual subscription for each of the respective apps to use them.

I know Netflix has a month free trial system you could make use of, but not sure about the others, but you would need to get XBL GOLD first.

Hope this clears up the problem !

Bearded Goliath, Nov 14, 2016
  3. Murray
    Murray Guest
    Wasn't there something about not needing Gold for Netflix anymore?

Xbox Live Gold Changes FAQ

Half way down they say that you get Netflix, Hulu, HBO, their first born sons, etc. without gold membership. Hope this helps you out!

Murray, Nov 14, 2016
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

No. Gold is not required to use apps.

Smwutches, Nov 14, 2016
  5. Smwutches Win User

No. Gold is not required to use apps.
  6. Bearded Goliath Win User

the game cannot be played on netflix ,hulu hbo go

Hello Edgy Mosquito !

From what i can decipher from your question is that you are having trouble getting Netflix, Hulu and HBO to work on your console.

Is "EdgyMosquito118" the gamertag you are trying to access these apps on? Because this account appears to be only a SILVER Membership, and all of the specified apps require an Xbox Live GOLD Membership for you to make use of them. Not only that, but you
    will need an individual subscription for each of the respective apps to use them.

I know Netflix has a month free trial system you could make use of, but not sure about the others, but you would need to get XBL GOLD first.

Hope this clears up the problem !
  7. taidara Win User

xbox live

Greetings Ross!

Some LIVE services requires paid subscription (Gold membership). Gold membership let's you play multiplayer with friends, watch HD movies from Netflix, HBO GO and much more. More information:
    www.xbox.com/.../Gold
  8. Golden Longshot Win User

I'm trying to activate my Netflix account on my Xbox

Netflix and gold memberships are two different things. Even if you have a gold membership you still need to buy a netflix membership to access netflix.
  9. Gavin (PyroANTIC) Win User

youtube app. question

Gold Membership is the old requirement to use YouTube on the Xbox. Gold Membership is also a requirement for all apps, but some, such as Netflix, will also require a subscription with them.

You don't actually need a 12-Month Gold Membership, any Gold Membership will do, and you can use apps like YouTube during the membership.
Thema:

1. Do you need to buy live gold membership to be able to use Netflix and hbo apps - Similar Threads - need buy live

2. How can I play online when it tells me I need to buy gamepass or Xbox live in rainbow six siege

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I play online when it tells me I need to buy gamepass or Xbox live in rainbow six siege: In Tom Clancys rainbow six siege, when I try to play a ranked or anything online for that mater it’s tells me that I need to buy game pass or Xbox live but I bought the game digital how can I fix...
  3. Xbox Live - To play this you will need to buy it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live - To play this you will need to buy it: Hello, I am currently subscribed to Xbox Live Gold and have been playing my downloaded games for weeks. Today I went to access one of these same games and received the following error; "To play...
  4. Why do we need to buy xbox live gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do we need to buy xbox live gold: As many people would agree xbox live gold is very expensive. Why do we need to buy gold to play online, there should be an alternative option for people to play online and for people who want 4...
  5. Hi my name is Ali I just buy an Xbox 360 from a guy I need a live code to play plz if u guys ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Hi my name is Ali I just buy an Xbox 360 from a guy I need a live code to play plz if u guys ...: If u guys plz have n Xbox 360 code free I really need one plz 6eea62e5-d03d-4bf0-9a19-2bc4380b88ad
  6. I’m on xbox live but says that I need to buy subscription again when I try to play ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m on xbox live but says that I need to buy subscription again when I try to play ...: so I bought a 12 month Xbox live subscription. When I login it gives me the Xbox live main menu but when I try to play multiplayer it say that I need to buy Xbox live again....
  7. Bought xbox live but it still says i need to buy it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought xbox live but it still says i need to buy it: My Xbox live ran out today. I just recently purchased a 3 month subscription to continue it. Every time I try to join/create a party or play a multiplayer game, it says "Join Xbox Live Gold". I...
  8. Hello I need help, I have loaded 60 € on my xbox account to buy Xbox Live Gold but I can not ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I need help, I have loaded 60 € on my xbox account to buy Xbox Live Gold but I can not ...: Hello I need help, I have loaded 60 € on my xbox account to buy Xbox Live Gold but I can not buy it with my credit. What should I do? 45decec0-6dbd-451f-b42c-b8353aa49d4c
  9. I buy status 'live Gold",but it is error. Its write-try late. What i need to go?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I buy status 'live Gold",but it is error. Its write-try late. What i need to go?: not work code.what I need to do? 67b5d031-20fa-445b-a7cf-8f8422e6b4ff
  10. I need to buy xbox live again but not sure if it will work since I migrated my account to a ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to buy xbox live again but not sure if it will work since I migrated my account to a ...: I still have service of Xbox live from previous membership and it works good but ends in a couple of days. Please tell me if there is a way to make it work since I cant migrate back to United...