Do you keep the Minecraft Java Edition you get from Xbox Game pass or does it not let you...

Discus and support Do you keep the Minecraft Java Edition you get from Xbox Game pass or does it not let you... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Its just a question that I had since it was released on gamepass. I do have Minecraft Java Edition but this is for my friend... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EliteXD, May 3, 2022.

1. EliteXD
    EliteXD Guest

Do you keep the Minecraft Java Edition you get from Xbox Game pass or does it not let you...

Its just a question that I had since it was released on gamepass. I do have Minecraft Java Edition but this is for my friend

:)

EliteXD, May 3, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Do you keep the Minecraft Java Edition you get from Xbox Game pass or does it not let you play until you buy java edition

Hi EliteXD! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you cancel the suscription you will need to purchase the game to keep playing it as you will not have access to the game anymore
  3. David Wirsching Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ulitimate for Console and PC inquiry

Hello, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

As an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriber, you have access to a wide variety of games on both console and PC. However, it's important to note that Minecraft Java Edition is not included in the Xbox Game Pass library.

Minecraft Java Edition is a separate version of the game that is available for purchase directly from the Minecraft website. It is not included as part of the Xbox Game Pass subscription, even with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

To play Minecraft Java Edition, you would need to purchase it separately through the official Minecraft website. The cost of the game is not covered by the Xbox Game Pass subscription. Once you purchase Minecraft Java Edition, you will have permanent access to the game, regardless of your Xbox Game Pass subscription status.

Keep in mind that Xbox Game Pass Ultimate provides access to a vast library of games across console, PC, and cloud gaming, but the specific titles available can change over time. It's always a good idea to check the Xbox Game Pass catalog to see the current list of games included with your subscription.

I hope this clarifies the situation regarding Minecraft Java Edition and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!

Best regards.
  4. KhajiBower34 Win User

Minecraft: Java Edition not being available to be even though I already had Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, why?

Hello Mr B, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

I understand your confusion and frustration regarding the multiplayer access in Minecraft: Bedrock edition and Minecraft: Java edition. Let's clarify the situation:

Minecraft: Bedrock edition and Minecraft: Java edition have different multiplayer requirements:

Minecraft: Bedrock edition (the version available on Xbox) typically requires an active Xbox Live Gold subscription to access multiplayer features. Xbox Live Gold provides online multiplayer functionality for Xbox games, including Minecraft: Bedrock edition.

Minecraft: Java edition, on the other hand, does not require an Xbox Live Gold subscription or any specific subscription to play multiplayer. Minecraft: Java edition has its own multiplayer system that operates independently of Xbox Live.

Regarding your previous ability to play Minecraft: Java edition multiplayer without a subscription, it's possible that during the period when you had the Ultimate Game Pass, it provided access to Minecraft: Java edition's multiplayer features as a part of its benefits. However, once your Ultimate Game Pass subscription ended, you no longer had access to Minecraft: Java edition multiplayer unless you have an active subscription or purchase the game separately.

It's important to note that subscription requirements and benefits can change over time, and specific promotions or offers may have been available during certain periods.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with your Xbox subscriptions, keep me posted please.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again
  5. Gerardo CG Win User

if i have the bedrock edition of minecraft and i use the xbox gamepass can i play the java,edition of minecraft and if so will i still have the account after the subscription runs out

Hi there Zustur, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Minecraft Java Edition is included with Game Pass Ultimate or PC Game Pass, so you should be able to play that edition of the game. If your subscription ends, you will still keep your account; it won't be deleted.

If you have purchased Minecraft Bedrock Edition for PC (and not for another device), you should also be able to play Minecraft Java Edition even if you don't have an active subscription.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  6. Mae Sev. Win User

I downloaded Minecraft Bedrock Before the Java and Bedrock Bundle became available for the Xbox Gamepass and even though I downloaded the Bundle I can only play bedrock

Hello Zaynedrift,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate you for sharing your concern with us.

We understand that you are having issues playing Minecraft Java after downloading the Minecraft Bedrock bundle with Xbox Game Pass.

Let us go ahead and work on this together in a timely manner.

Firstly, it is important to note that Minecraft Bedrock and Minecraft Java are two separate versions of the game and require separate purchases. The Minecraft Bedrock bundle with Xbox Game Pass includes the Bedrock version of the game, not the Java version. Also, Minecraft Bedrock and Java bundle became available on Xbox Game Pass on November 2, 2021. If you downloaded Minecraft bedrock before this date, it is possible that you may need to take additional steps to access the Java Edition.

Source: Coming November 2, 2021 to Xbox Game Pass for PC: Minecraft Java and Bedrock Editions

Regarding this issue we have, one possible solution is to try uninstalling and reinstalling the Minecraft Bedrock and Java Bundle from the Xbox app for PC. This will ensure that you have the latest version of the Bundle from the Xbox app for PC. This will ensure that you have the latest version of the bundle, which includes both the Bedrock and Java Editions of the game. Once you have reinstalled the bundle, you should be able to launch both editions of the game from with the Minecraft Launcher.

If you have purchased Minecraft Java separately, you should be able to access it through your Xbox Game Pass account. Here are the steps to follow:

1. Open the Xbox Game Pass app on your Xbox console.

2. Scroll down to the "My Games" section and select "See all".

3. Find Minecraft Java in the list of games and select it.

4. Click on "Install" to download and install the game on your console.

5. Once the installation is complete, you should be able to launch Minecraft Java and start playing.

If you are still unable to access Minecraft Java after following these steps, please try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Clear the cache on your Xbox console. To do this, go to "Settings" > "System" > "Storage" > "Clear local saved games".

2. Uninstall and reinstall Minecraft Java.

3. Check for any available updates for Minecraft Java and install them.

If this does not resolve your issue, it may be helpful to check any known issues or updates related to Minecraft Bedrock and Java bundle on Xbox Game pass. You can do this by visiting the Minecraft support page or by checking for updates withing the Xbox app for PC.

I hope this information helps. If you continue experiencing issues, please let us know by sending us a reply. We are always here to help.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Do you keep the Minecraft Java Edition you get from Xbox Game pass or does it not let you... - Similar Threads - keep Minecraft Java

2. Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...: how can I stop getting these invites 157363d0-6835-4b60-86e9-9800ba2f9c9b
  3. Minecraft Bedrock Edition Joinable Realms are not working. I keep getting the message...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition Joinable Realms are not working. I keep getting the message...: Minecraft Bedrock Edition Joinable Realms are not working. I keep getting the message, "Failed attempt to join realm. Please try again later." This has now been going on for 2 days. I was in the...
  4. Minecraft keeps crashing with exitcode: 1073741819. All screens go black for a few sec and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft keeps crashing with exitcode: 1073741819. All screens go black for a few sec and...: So I just upgraded my desktop computer. New mobo, CPU, PSU, cooler. And updated to Windows 11. After I spent a good few hours deleting every driver from the old system and clean installing new...
  5. My download of Minecraft 1.20.4 keep getting stuck at 59.82MB

in XBoX on Windows
    My download of Minecraft 1.20.4 keep getting stuck at 59.82MB: When i try to doenload a version of minecraft, it keep getting stuck at 59.82MB , my friends guve me a vode and when i try to do it, it keep getting stuck there, plss help...
  6. why does my minecraft keep failing to load

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my minecraft keep failing to load: Basically when i try to play minecraft by opening the launcher and pressing play it says: Unable to start Java. Error details: No applicable app licenses found. Filename on disk: javaw.exe Path:...
  7. Wanted to buy Minecraft Java but it keeps saying purchase limit reached

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wanted to buy Minecraft Java but it keeps saying purchase limit reached: Just made a Microsoft account and the Xbox(?) gamer name thing yesterday. Ever since then it has been impossible for me to buy Minecraft. The message "Your account has reached its purchase limit"...
  8. I have tried to use minecraft java edition but i keep getting an glfw error 65542 and when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have tried to use minecraft java edition but i keep getting an glfw error 65542 and when...: i couldnt add a screen shot. 0c1f9319-8f5b-46f4-8d70-e3864acb04f3
  9. I keep on trying to sign in to the Xbox buy screen for minecraft Java to redeem it and it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I keep on trying to sign in to the Xbox buy screen for minecraft Java to redeem it and it...: Site it redirects me to : https://support.xbox.com/en-NZ/help/family-online-safety/online-safety/manage-app-privacy-settings-xbox-one Also I tried 2 accounts and it still does it. Also my computer...
  10. Do I keep Minecraft: Java Edition if I delete my Microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do I keep Minecraft: Java Edition if I delete my Microsoft account?: I'm planning on deleting this Microsoft account, but I bought Minecraft: Java Edition with this account. I'm curious if I can maybe switch my copy of Minecraft: Java Edition to my secondary...