Do Xbox game pass games not supply a second access for family members to play games (cross...

Discus and support Do Xbox game pass games not supply a second access for family members to play games (cross... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My daughter would like to play sea of thieves, and I have xbox game pass which grants me access to play sea of thieves on Xbox, but I bought sea of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DerekRichburg, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Do Xbox game pass games not supply a second access for family members to play games (cross...

My daughter would like to play sea of thieves, and I have xbox game pass which grants me access to play sea of thieves on Xbox, but I bought sea of thieves on steam some time before and my personal account has progress on that xbox login but being played on PC. When I added her as a family member account to my xbox profile, and she logs into the xbox there, it let her make a new pirate, but in doing so, it s logs out my PC game session.

Here are my questions, as I can't be the only PC /Consol player who owns games they also get free on Game pass.

Does XBOX game pass have to be on on her account exclusively?

Do I have to remove my own Microsoft account from the xbox?

Will buying the game a second time (not ideal as I already pay for game pass) for the xbox fix the problem or is it because her account is a family linked account?

How can I make sure if I buy her the game it links to her xbox account and not the one I already play on PC(and already own)?

:)

DerekRichburg, Jun 29, 2021
  2. Farscape247 Win User

Do Xbox game pass games not supply a second access for family members to play games (cross platform along side) with games you already own on PC?

its a pain.

I own sea of thieves, on xbox and therefore pc too, if i tried letting my son play my copy on his pc via windows store with his own account it would load, then i load mine up and then the licence conflict appears and kicks both of us off.

i got my son gamepass pc for his account which solved the issue.

gamepass games generally cannot be shared to other accounts on pc.

but they can on xbox consoles.

if any of this makes sense.
  3. napalm 31337 Win User

Game share

You must have Game Pass Ultimate or a series of Xbox One Play Everywhere, you family member must sign in the Microsoft Store with your Microsoft Account to access this games.
  4. MirrorInstinct Win User

Family shared games and live membership

Yes, it is actually a feature available right now! On Xbox One, go to Settings>Account>Family Settings>Manage Family Members and add all of your loved ones! The same can be performed on PC through your settings.

This feature will share Gold and Game Pass so if you ever by chance have Game Pass Ultimate and you have a capable gaming PC as well, you can play any game that supports cross play between Xbox and PC such as Sea of Thieves with family and friends.

Enjoy!
  5. Francia J. Win User

My game library is not being properly shared with my family members! :(

Oh, if this is the family game pass, it's different, but what you will be able to share is just the game pass library and not the games that you own. I'm sorry for that.

As per the Xbox support site:

"With the Friends & Family plan, all five members enjoy the benefits of Game Pass Ultimate, with their own unique access to all Xbox Game Pass Ultimate games, content, and benefits, regardless of what device they play on. All the people you invite can play at the same time—you can even play together in the same game. Plus, you can include friends and family outside your household."

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptio...
  6. Arielle251 Win User

Minecraft Cross-Play

For Cross-Platform access, you will need to do the following:

Xbox One: You will need to make sure that you are set up and signed in on the console. Then go to Settings
    > Account > Family Settings > Manage family members. Select your account, and then Privacy and Online Safety > Xbox Live Privacy > View
    details and customize > Communication and multiplayer. Under You can play with people outside Xbox Live,
    change "Block" to "Allow". This will allow any game with cross-play – Minecraft, Fortnite and the like – to connect you to others on a non-Xbox platform.
Thema:

Do Xbox game pass games not supply a second access for family members to play games (cross...

1. Do Xbox game pass games not supply a second access for family members to play games (cross... - Similar Threads - game pass games

2. Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working: I have been unable to claim the Blue Mountain State Season 1 perk on Game Pass. Every time I have tried to claim it, it doesn't work, because neither my Series X or the Xbox App show the perk in...
  3. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  4. Multiple charges ultimate game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiple charges ultimate game pass: My husband and I both use same xbox. We are each getting charged 18.49. We were told that the ultimate game pass would apply to both. On April he was charged twice. Now we have been charged 4...
  5. Can’t sign in to game pass on pc

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t sign in to game pass on pc: I just downloaded the game pass app and when I try to sign in it says “Sorry something went wrong. Try again in a while (0x89235107)” before I even get the chance to put my information in. I wait...
  6. Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq: I have got Xbox game pass ultimate and I want to download call of duty black ops 6 when it releases can I get it on game pass on its own without getting call of duty hq is there anyway when black...
  7. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  8. How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?

in XboX Insiders
    How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?: Im not sure if i should post it here or another subreddit but i found a post with a similar question so. I bought the xbox game pass on my pc and played it, specifically Persona 5 Royal is one of...
  9. Xbox game pass consoleeeeeeeeeee

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game pass consoleeeeeeeeeee: Hi Does someone have any trial or starter code or just wanna give out a xbox game pass code, i am really strugguling to get money to buy it for the kids i would really appritate if someone could...
  10. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...