Do pre-paid Xbox Live cards truly never expire? I'm trying to use one for my Xbox360, and...

Discus and support Do pre-paid Xbox Live cards truly never expire? I'm trying to use one for my Xbox360, and... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I think I bought this card and a few others like 10+ years ago. 7758920b-969e-4650-aaeb-b2719d144879 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by hazukid, Nov 6, 2021.

1. hazukid
    hazukid Guest

Do pre-paid Xbox Live cards truly never expire? I'm trying to use one for my Xbox360, and...

I think I bought this card and a few others like 10+ years ago.

:)

hazukid, Nov 6, 2021
  2. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Do pre-paid Xbox Live cards truly never expire? I'm trying to use one for my Xbox360, and it says mine doesn't work.

Hello @hazukid! I hope that you are doing well today!

When you are trying to redeem the codes, are you receiving any specific error codes?
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Do pre-paid Xbox Live cards truly never expire? I'm trying to use one for my Xbox360, and it says mine doesn't work.

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

No, gift cards purchased at retail never expire. Note that promotional gift cards like those from Microsoft Rewards or Xbox Live Rewards do expire.
  4. StoicSentry Win User

Help me understand this...please

Ok, let me try again, let me be more clear.

1. Auto-renewal is off.

2. Thank god, because I'm done with Xbox live. I DO NOT WANT TO BUY ANY MORE PRE-PAID CARDS NOR HAVE AN ACCOUNT.

3. Still, my Xbox live account is paid for until late September, so I would like to use it until then.

4. But the DEBIT card tied to my account is set to expire on September 1.

5. My understand is that my account will be suspended on September 1, even though I have more pre-paid card time left on it.

6. However, if I put in the new details to my card, it will turn auto-renewal back on, won't it?

So what do I do?
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

pre-paid visa card

I know the pre paid cards like that do not play well with Xbox.

The reason for this is that what Microsoft sends to them as the info on what was purchased just says Xbox Live this is done with any credit/debit card that is used as a payment option not just these pre-paid cards and these pre-paid cards see it as a possible
    recurring payment and do not like that because they are pre-paid cards.

So with that said your best bet would be to do what ThisGameIsSucky said and go to a retailer and purchase an xbox live gift card if that is what you are trying to purchase to put the money on your account.
  6. maxen Win User

Can't buy any games

The other thing with pre-paid cards like that are that they will only work with Xbox Live if you are allowed to use them for international purposes; if not, the card will not work, regardless of whether you could get the right expiration date.
Thema:

1. Do pre-paid Xbox Live cards truly never expire? I'm trying to use one for my Xbox360, and... - Similar Threads - pre paid Live

2. Xbox live gold pre paid

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gold pre paid: I entered the prepaid card at the Microsoft site for Xbox and cannot get it to my Xbox a8fb2bfa-112d-4a1e-b71c-ed973eb04da7
  3. xbox live pre-paid card

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox live pre-paid card: I purchased a pre-paid 3 month membership xbox live card from Walmart's Sam's Club on 11/13/19. When I entered the code into the xbox, it said "Card not active see merchant" so I went back to sams...
  4. Redeem a pre-paid 12 months Live Gold code with Game Pass Ultimate signed

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Redeem a pre-paid 12 months Live Gold code with Game Pass Ultimate signed: Hi, everyone. Dumb question, but i wanna understood it before do some mess: I'm signed a month of GP Ultimate for $1 almost a month ago when they announce it on E3. It merged my 2 remaining...
  5. Xbox Gold Live Pre-Paid Card Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Gold Live Pre-Paid Card Problem: Hello Gamers, I have a problem and would like some assistance to any who are willing to spear me your time and words. I went to GameStop and bought a 3 month Xbox Live Gold subscription. And...
  6. Xbox Live not working after pre paid card accepted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live not working after pre paid card accepted: so my subscription for gold on Xbox one had ended I picked up a 3 month subscription pre paid card to enter. When I entered the code my Xbox had accepted it then offered me “1 month free Gold with...
  7. I put in my Xbox love pre-paid code but it still says I don’t have live

in XBoX on Consoles
    I put in my Xbox love pre-paid code but it still says I don’t have live: I can’t figure out why it says I’m still not on live 21f7fcb9-af93-4129-90d6-2ef87c5b3b15
  8. Xbox live 3m pre paid

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live 3m pre paid: I try entering pre paid code and makes me enter card or debit 9fa02f8b-1006-4f35-be8f-6f5fb26b4f98
  9. Problems Redeeming Pre-paid XBOX Live Gold Cose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems Redeeming Pre-paid XBOX Live Gold Cose: I bough an Xbox Live Hold Code off amazon, when I went to redeem it this message came up.. [img] Went to the website it told me to go to and I said I have a pending payment [img] What can I do...
  10. xbox live gold pre paid codes

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live gold pre paid codes: Usually I buy two two 12 month xbox live gold vouchers when they are on sale and I redeem them. I did the same now and redeemed one of them however it didn't stack to my previous xbox live gold...