Do parental controls matter?

Discus and support Do parental controls matter? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I tried to pre-order a Destiny 2 expansion in Microsoft Store directly (Final Shape) I couldn't because of parental controls. Then I went in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Kent Lee1, Jan 5, 2024.

1. Kent Lee1
    Kent Lee1 Guest

Hello,

I tried to pre-order a Destiny 2 expansion in Microsoft Store directly (Final Shape) I couldn't because of parental controls. Then I went in game and clicked on buy and it took me to the Microsoft Store and it allowed me to buy it.

I wanna to know if it will mess it up and not let me play the expansion?

:)

Kent Lee1, Jan 5, 2024
  2. Kent Lee1 Win User

Thanks!

I remember, when the add-on wad delayed, Microsoft Store had to refund it. The day that happened, it let me re-buy it in the Microsoft Store with no problems
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Kent, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am not sure why you were able to do it from inside the game, but, if the transaction was completed, it should be ok, unless your Family Organizer asks for a refund.

Please, check your transaction history and make sure it was completed.

Please, follow these steps:

Sign in to account.microsoft.com.

Select Payment & billing > Order history.

Order history

Let me know if it works!
  4. Kent Lee1 Win User

I checked,

It did say Completed.

I looked in game and on microsoft store and they both said owned as well
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Do Parental Controlls matter?

I don't know, are you a minor in a Microsoft family where a responsible adult is supervising your gameplay?

or should this not be happening
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Then, it shouldn't be an issue, when the add-on is launched you will have access.

If you are still unsure, please ask your Family Manager to speak with the XBOX Staff.

Please enter this link:

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us
Thema:

1. Do parental controls matter? - Similar Threads - parental controls matter

2. I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?: I have got an account and when i go into the xbox app and try to request to friend someone it says request approval and then says unable to send your request. Overall i want parental controls...
  3. Parental controls plz help me...

in XboX Insiders
    Parental controls plz help me...: Parental controls plz help Hi xbox parental controls is screwing me over so out of spite my dad put it on so I have to create a new account now but don't want to I love my current account does...
  4. Parent Control Pin not working, help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent Control Pin not working, help: My boy is trying to link with his friends on PS5 but needs parent control PIN, we have reset but it is still not working 97006f70-1455-411f-8c0f-53e35bd95ede
  5. parental controls. game purchased on my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    parental controls. game purchased on my account.: Originally the xbox was mine and it is associated with my account. The children have been using it and it has never been a problem. My wife and I feel like our son is spending too much time on it...
  6. I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games: I can't reset the parental control option that unlock the games, i need a password, it is a number, I don't have it, i have an Xbox 360. Please help? 04061981-01e3-426d-93f6-7d5aba6c1dc7
  7. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  8. Help with Parental control (I am on PC, Windows 11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with Parental control (I am on PC, Windows 11): So basicly I can't play Forza Horizon 4 online because of parental control, I have everything allowed in privacy controls... I watched like 10 tutorials on how to fix it and it still isn't...
  9. When I try to put my parental control pin into fortnite, it says it's wrong even when I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I try to put my parental control pin into fortnite, it says it's wrong even when I...: My parental control pin for fortnite is saying it's not correct. I have signed in to change the pin several times and it still says it's not correct b5517c80-1b79-4a64-8b20-8c1125a33627
  10. The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.: The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can‘t change it. a5a69b26-18a5-439e-8796-96764490afc1