Do movies bought through Microsoft film and tv support Dolby Atmos? Super Mario bros in...

Discus and support Do movies bought through Microsoft film and tv support Dolby Atmos? Super Mario bros in... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; No other movies purchased show Dolby Atmos availability either. Sent from Australia. a7fa4951-f217-4555-97bd-e41affa74ab8 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by stash dogg, Jun 17, 2023.

1. stash dogg
    stash dogg Guest

Do movies bought through Microsoft film and tv support Dolby Atmos? Super Mario bros in...

No other movies purchased show Dolby Atmos availability either. Sent from Australia.

:)

stash dogg, Jun 17, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Do movies bought through Microsoft film and tv support Dolby Atmos? Super Mario bros in cinema is in Dolby Atmos but when purchased through Microsoft film and tv is a very substandard 5.1.

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with getting movies that supports Dolby Atmos.

You can check the list here for the movies that supports Dolby Atmos:

https://www.microsoft.com/store/movies-and-tv/c...

Just a heads up that these are only limited movies available and more will be added in the future as well.
  3. airmattdog Win User

Xbox Movie Buy/Rentals Audio Format issue , 4K UHD HDR movies need "DOLBY ATMOS" on XBOX

Most but not all of the 4K UHD movies available through Microsoft Movies & TV have Dolby Atmos audio. Unfortunately, it's true that the store doesn't display this information. I
    highly recommend leaving feedback for the Microsoft Store app through the Feedback app on your PC.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

How do i connect my xbox one s to my tv to still get 4k picture but at the same time connect it to my soundbar to get dolby atmos sound

It seems that your TV supports Audio Return Channel (ARC). However, on the TV's specification page I don't see if it supports Dolby Atmos through ARC.

If your TV is capable to send Dolby Atmos via ARC, you'd connect your Xbox to a 4K capable HDMI port OTHER than the HDMI ARC port on your TV.

You will then get 4K resolution on the TV screen, and the TV would "forward" audio via the Audio Return Channel to the sound bar. If supported, this will then be Dolby Atmos.

It seems that the Soundbar doesn't support 4K pass through. So either you would need a new TV that supports Dolby Atmos via ARC, or a new soundbar or AV receiver that supports 4K video.
  5. AfzalBallim Win User

Dolby atmos detection

I have the same issue on my newly bought One S.

The Dolby Atmos app plays Atmos demos fine.

However, Film & TV doesn't.

I downloaded demo Atmos files (.mkv, with HEVC video) and put them on an external drive, that I connected to the Xbox. The Film & TV app will play the videos fine, but won't play the Atmos sound track, even though I have bitstreaming and Atmos turned on
    in the Xbox settings.

If the files have an AC3 track, then that gets played, otherwise there is no sound.
  6. mozmoz2009 Win User

Sonic

Looks interesting but most movies based on games tend to fall flat Remember Super Mario Bros.

Also Jim Carey doesn't do it justice
Thema:

1. Do movies bought through Microsoft film and tv support Dolby Atmos? Super Mario bros in... - Similar Threads - movies bought through

2. Will my Microsoft movie purchases also be available to play on Prime Video and/or Apple TV...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will my Microsoft movie purchases also be available to play on Prime Video and/or Apple TV...: Will my Microsoft movie purchases also be available to play on Prime Video and/or Apple TV if those services have the same movie available to buy? I keep seeing post regarding Movies Anywhere and...
  3. How do I fix my Xbox series s from opening movies and tv randomly.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my Xbox series s from opening movies and tv randomly.: This problem started happening too me around 4 days ago it kept taking me to the Microsoft store to movies and tv to install it so I installed it thinking it would fix it and it got worse it...
  4. I bought Yugioh on sale and want to watch it on my phone. I downloaded the movies anywhere...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought Yugioh on sale and want to watch it on my phone. I downloaded the movies anywhere...: I bought Yugioh on sale and want to watch it on my phone. I downloaded the movies anywhere app and it only shows a couple movies (not all) and no yugioh? Any help?...
  5. Game idea!!! Plz make the movie wrong turn into a game!

in XboX Insiders
    Game idea!!! Plz make the movie wrong turn into a game!: Okay so I know we already have games like dead by daylight and Texas chainsaw massacre, and those games are really fun and loved playing them specially Texas chainsaw massacre when that game...
  6. Why wont my movies and shows from the xbox store show up on my movies anywhere?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my movies and shows from the xbox store show up on my movies anywhere?: I bought tenet and got a free ghost in the shell season from mircosoft and they show on my movies anywhere, but my The Godfather trilogy , dragon ball super season 1, flash, fairy tail and et...
  7. I bought a movie purchased movie and the audio is alternate actors, like dubbing. How can I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a movie purchased movie and the audio is alternate actors, like dubbing. How can I...: I bought a movie purchased movie and the audio is alternate actors, like dubbing but its british. How can I change this back? fa50eb90-64f7-427b-968e-b84378f19980
  8. Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it...: Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it won't play there. How can I get it to play there? dee65109-8375-4ed2-8a0c-6ef973a04b67
  9. I bought a movie through Xbox, how do I watch it on my phone or tablet?

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a movie through Xbox, how do I watch it on my phone or tablet?: As the title says, I bought a movie through the Xbox store. I'm connected through movies anywhere (Xbox movies and TV), but it won't show up on my phone or my tablet. The only way I can watch it...
  10. Bought a movie and i watched ut and now it’s gone

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought a movie and i watched ut and now it’s gone: Bought a movie and I watched it then the next day it says buy it again d546a798-b184-4b20-8bb6-a3ca2174dd37