Do Microsoft send game disks if you buy a game from the store?

Discus and support Do Microsoft send game disks if you buy a game from the store? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I want to buy a game but I love collecting the game cases and disks if I buy a game on Microsoft store on the Xbox one will they send me the game disk?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Project Danny, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Do Microsoft send game disks if you buy a game from the store?

I want to buy a game but I love collecting the game cases and disks if I buy a game on Microsoft store on the Xbox one will they send me the game disk? Or its just digital download? Because £54 is a lot just for a download with no game disk sent to you Do Microsoft send game disks if you buy a game from the store? :(

:)

Project Danny, Nov 14, 2014
  2. Hemal Naik
    Hemal Naik Guest
    Xbox 360 Game Purchase

I want to buy Games for Xbox 360 kinect from Microsoft market place. But I am confuse and want to know some more information.

Do I get GAME DISK or it is Digital soft version to download.

I want GAME DISK. PLEASE HELP...LET ME KNOW HOW CAN I PURCHASE GAME DISK FROM MICROSOFT MARKETPLACE.

Hemal Naik, Nov 14, 2014
  3. saving game

No. You can install the game to prevent wear and tear on your console, but you will still initially need the disk in the tray to start the game up. What happens is the console will read your disk to confirm you have the game in your possession then it will
    read off the hard drive after that. Opening the tray will send you back to the dashboard if you do so. Alternatively, you can buy the games on demand if you would rather run them without the disk.

BrianCappelletty, Nov 14, 2014
  4. iBakez
    iBakez Guest

the store on the xbox itself? Its just digital matey

iBakez, Nov 14, 2014
  5. FullHornet
    FullHornet Guest
    If you order from the actual MS Store then yes you can get disc copies. However, downloading off of Xbox Live is just that a digital download.

FullHornet, Nov 14, 2014
  6. Hello "Project Danny" Do Microsoft send game disks if you buy a game from the store? :)

Buying a digital version of a game doesn't give you a free disc copy of the game.

However as of late, some games have been offering promotions such as Destiny where if you purchase the digital version of Destiny for the Xbox 360 before January; you get the digital version of Destiny for the Xbox One for free.

Keeping in mind that I am not that tech-savvy when it comes to computers and stuff, I would guess that the way this " buy the 360 version & get the Xbox One free " works is that since the proof of purchase is bound to the users gamertag; you would be confirmed
    to download the current gen version.

Also as far as I know, you won't be able to make copies of the digitally downloaded games that you bought because of the fear illegal distribution.

So, you would have to download the game all over again if it gets corrupted / messed up in you HDD.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night Do Microsoft send game disks if you buy a game from the store? :)

Lei Fang DOAX3, Nov 15, 2014
  7. It's just adding both systems rights to your GamerTag if you purchase that way.

Listed mia 510, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: