do microsoft sell internal hard drives or refurbish your old ones, as mine ticks and will not ...

Discus and support do microsoft sell internal hard drives or refurbish your old ones, as mine ticks and will not ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; do microsoft sell internal hard drives or refurbish your old ones, as mine ticks and will not work,if so how much. b54ad1e5-607a-48b6-ae51-2c28585729ba Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mckay1969, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Mckay1969
    Mckay1969 Guest

do microsoft sell internal hard drives or refurbish your old ones, as mine ticks and will not ...

do microsoft sell internal hard drives or refurbish your old ones, as mine ticks and will not work,if so how much.

:)

Mckay1969, Nov 25, 2016
  2. davemcfly85
    davemcfly85 Guest
    Can't play Xbox Original Games

no only a MS brand hard drive made for your system (clip on for older, internal for slim) flash drives and usb external hard drives will not work as they do not have the emulation software that the MS drives have.

davemcfly85, Nov 25, 2016
  3. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    xbox 360E 4GB backward compatibility with original xbox games using external USB Hard drive?

USB hard drives, not even the Seagate "official" USB drive work.

Only real internal Xbox 360 hard drives from Microsoft work.

Also beware that especially on sites like ebay or Amazon Marketplace, some third party hard drives are sold.

Often, these drives do NOT have the necessary Xbox Emulator on them, so the Xbox games still won't work.

Make sure you really get an original Xbox 360 internal hard drive.

Arminator, Nov 25, 2016
  4. JetShark19 Win User

Black Ops Cold War Install

If you have warranty on your game console, you may return the console in for a newly refurbished one due to internal hard drive problems. If this is not the case, you can contact microsoft services for help.
  5. Nemesis121804 Win User

Get a xbox 360, or stick with my xbox one?

Late to this topic but Gamestop sells refurbished , legit Microsoft 120GB hard drives for $40, I've got two from there that work just fine.
  6. METHOD BLUNT Win User

Disc Unreadable. Marketplace Download (Red Faction Guerilla)

Hello

is it an official hard drive Microsoft? Or a refurbished hard drive?

If it's a refurbished hard drive it can come from there I think.
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

Slow Hard Drive

Microsoft does not license it's internal hard drive to other manufacturers. Generic Xbox 360 hard drives are standard 2.5" laptop hard drives that have had their file system altered to support the Xbox 360 console. These hard drives are typically cheaper
    than the official units, but their disadvantages far outweigh the price you pay for them.

Potential problems you may encounter include:

1. Poor operation, slow speed.

2. The drive may not be new, it could be a 'refurbished' old laptop drive of unknown age. It could even be a faulty unit.

3. Drive may fail completely in the future, taking all of your save games and downloads with it.

4. Fake hard drives do not generally support original Xbox games.

5. In the future, Microsoft may disable your 'Generic' hard drive.

All in all, it would be best to return that unit and buy an official Xbox hard drive.
  8. Misses Quinzel Win User

Xbox 360 Elite hard drive availability

Hey there, Amphlecyte! Since Gamestop is an authorized dealer, a refurbished hard drive shouldn't be against the Terms of Use; as long as it is a refurbished Microsoft hard drive and not a 3rd party hard drive. There are some shiny stickers on the hard drive
    that help let you know if it's official or not. I suggest starting there for it.

It also seems that
    Amazon is selling a couple of used official ones
    that you could look into, too. The ones from Gamestop may be a better bet, but I wanted to see if we could get you some better options instead of Ebay. :)
Thema:

1. do microsoft sell internal hard drives or refurbish your old ones, as mine ticks and will not ... - Similar Threads - microsoft sell internal

2. Is there a 500gb seagate expansion card selling in the Microsoft store.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a 500gb seagate expansion card selling in the Microsoft store.: Because everytime I check it’s only 1TB there but when I check in other stores they have them but they’re over priced. Also on the website it said they’re going for around $89.99 but again when I...
  3. Why does xbox sell Microsoft wallet funds?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does xbox sell Microsoft wallet funds?: It's entirely ridiculous a person can buy the money card add funds to get a subscription but then your still required to put in a cc to buy said subscription or you can't buy the subscription,...
  4. Why does Microsoft Allow 3rd party companies to sell crappy controllers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft Allow 3rd party companies to sell crappy controllers?: As much as I have been behind Microsoft. I think they are doing the gaming community an injustice by allowing their patent to be used by 3rd part companies that create controllers made to last...
  5. Microsoft must be stopped from selling DLCS and then removing games this must be a breach...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft must be stopped from selling DLCS and then removing games this must be a breach...: Hello Everyone, if any is a lawyer please get in contact with me as i would like to sue Microsoft for this horrible marketing scheme. It is crazy t charge for DLCS take your money and then remove...
  6. is it illegal to sell my xbox and Microsoft account information for instance someone buying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is it illegal to sell my xbox and Microsoft account information for instance someone buying...: is it illegal to sell my xbox and Microsoft account information for instance someone buying access to play my games 7124738a-ec15-4bfe-86f0-294fce001ebe
  7. Does Microsoft sell Xbox series X power cords?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft sell Xbox series X power cords?: I moved from the US to the UK. I need to buy a new power cord because the outlet is different. I haven’t found any information on how to do that besides buying one from Amazon which could void my...
  8. When will Microsoft sell replacement parts for my two $180 paperweights?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will Microsoft sell replacement parts for my two $180 paperweights?: I have two elite series 2 controllers. One I purchased brand new and never had any issues besides the rubber grips coming up, until a stick completely failed... it feels like the insides crumbled,...
  9. Need autorisation from Microsoft to sell my used consoles on Amazon.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Need autorisation from Microsoft to sell my used consoles on Amazon.: Hi there, I need a letter from Microsoft to sell my xbox console on Amazon. How do I get one? 9c595781-1217-4dfb-8cea-65120697b86a
  10. Overpriced XboX X-es everywhere. Microsoft need to sell XboX for 1000$ and then do 50%...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Overpriced XboX X-es everywhere. Microsoft need to sell XboX for 1000$ and then do 50%...: It is extremely hard to get an Xbox Series X console at the recommended price due to resellers. Why can't Microsoft sell for 1000 $ and then do a 50 % refund on the first activation of the...