Do I really have to pay over 300$ to replace a hdmi port even tho I'm still in warranty.

Discus and support Do I really have to pay over 300$ to replace a hdmi port even tho I'm still in warranty. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My table holding my series x recently broke for some reason and my xbox fell breaking the hdmi port. I almost had a meltdown and crying because my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by linda robinson2, Jul 27, 2023.

1. Do I really have to pay over 300$ to replace a hdmi port even tho I'm still in warranty.

My table holding my series x recently broke for some reason and my xbox fell breaking the hdmi port. I almost had a meltdown and crying because my brother bought me that xbox as a Christmas gift. My papa told me my brother bought a warranty on it and I had hope but I go to service it and they said they won't cover it and ill have to pay over 299$ just for a hdmi port replacement..my family can't afford that. Is there anyway I can send it in and have it serviced under warranty please help

:)

linda robinson2, Jul 27, 2023
  2. Miguel Molina O Win User

Do I really have to pay over 300$ to replace a hdmi port even tho I'm still in warranty.

Hi, I'm Miguel, community expert, I may not be an employee of Xbox, but I see you need some help, I'm Happy to help you.

Your best bet here would be to call support and tell them your HDMI port is broken.

1-800-469-9269 in North America

I read several cases that the same situation happened to them in which they did receive support with the guarantee and another option that I saw that they recommended in these cases is to go to a physical Microsoft store
  3. Ktownfireman Win User

Secure HDCP Link Not Found - This message has just appeared - This message has just appeared

Sounds like you may have a damaged HDMI cable, try changing that, if it is a Monster HDMI cable, they have a lifetime warranty and will replace the cable for you. The HDMI port on the television may be damaged, which can happen, I have seen it happen myself,
    try a different HDMI port and do not use a HDMI connector box that allows many HDMI connections to be put into one HDMI port.
  4. zafeergt Win User

HDMI Port Not working

My HDMI port stopped working as well. Tried everything-

Used a different HDMI cable

Used multiple HDMI ports on TV

Restarted console different ways (as outlined above)

I spoke to a rep and they are asking to send it in for repair. My console is just over a year old and I am having to pay $100+ to send in for repair (out of warranty). This is ridiculous, my Kinect sensor stopped working a few months back and I had to replace
    it. It was under warranty but had to pay for shipping (around $40). I am spending almost half the cost of a new console on repairs. Is there a way I can return this console to Microsoft and get a refund? I am tired of it breaking down every few months and
    having to dish out extra money to fix it!
  5. Exoterror Win User

anyone know a way to stream my Xbox to a Chromebook

I think you're saying that the HDMI port on your Chromebook isn't working and are asking how to work around this. If it still under warranty then having it replaced may be the easiest option for you.

Stay Safe!
  6. XBX PureChaosX Win User

Xbox One X HDMI Failure / IT HAPPENED AGAIN!

They do repair it for free as long as it's under warranty, which I assume to be the standard 1 year warranty. Anything after that, and you may have to pay for it, unless you took out an extended warranty when you purchased it. I'm not 100% sure about how
    warranties work though.

It sure did feel quite rugged and sturdy, but yeah, those HDMI ports are a major weak spot of the console, or more so, the HDMI controller chip.
Thema:

1. Do I really have to pay over 300$ to replace a hdmi port even tho I'm still in warranty. - Similar Threads - really pay 300$

2. I really want to play the game We Happy Few on Xbox one with my mouse and keyboard, the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I really want to play the game We Happy Few on Xbox one with my mouse and keyboard, the...: I really want to play the game We Happy Few on Xbox one with my mouse and keyboard, the keyboard works well but the mouse doesn't, I tested with different mice and it didn't work...
  3. My internet starts to spike whenever I play Roblox, and it's really annoying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My internet starts to spike whenever I play Roblox, and it's really annoying.: Roblox internet has been spiking for like a week now. I don't know why. Please help, Microsoft. 12f21ddb-5f2f-4d82-bf78-37b5d096e3aa
  4. I cannot get a hold of microsoft at all. Disgusting really!!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot get a hold of microsoft at all. Disgusting really!!!!!: I am having an issue with my Xbox controller, I purchased 4 months ago, Today I go on my profile to log a fault and see that the warranty is over. I have been trying every way possible to contact...
  5. How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the...: My xbox has been having connection issues for a while now and I have tried a lot of stuff to fix it and it isn't wifi cause my connection for upload speed and everything else is really good but...
  6. Is this really worth the price? Doctors and Bartenders Bundle

in XboX Insiders
    Is this really worth the price? Doctors and Bartenders Bundle: I'm pretty sure what the game pack (Bio Inc. Redemption + Crossroads Inn) isn't meant to be 2.099,99€. Is it bug for anybody else? submitted by /u/JamesWhiteWolf20 [link] [comments]
  7. I really don’t know what the issue is, pls help

in XboX Insiders
    I really don’t know what the issue is, pls help: None of my games or apps want to load, all they say after 2 minutes of attempting a load say “…taken too long to start”. i thought this might of been an xbox (old gen) problem, until i plugged my...
  8. Should really add rdr2 idk its sound like a good idea to me

in XboX Insiders
    Should really add rdr2 idk its sound like a good idea to me: Should add red dead redemption 2 to the game pass again’ just saying submitted by /u/Weekly_Way6004 [link] [comments]
  9. My audio keeps on either stuttering really bad or sounding fine

in XboX Insiders
    My audio keeps on either stuttering really bad or sounding fine: I bought a new headset and controller to try to tackle this issue and the controller definitely did reduce the occurrence yet it still happens where my audio keeps on stuttering really badly at...
  10. How do I REALLY fix this

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I REALLY fix this: So I bought my Xbox refurbished at game world, which was fine. About 2 yrs. down the road I started getting this message saying that there was a problem with my saved games... only thing I've been...