Do I need to use network transferring to put a game I own on a different console

Discus and support Do I need to use network transferring to put a game I own on a different console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I was wondering if I really need to use network transferring to put a game that I own on a different console, is it necessary or is it just a faster... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JacobNielsen89, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Do I need to use network transferring to put a game I own on a different console

So I was wondering if I really need to use network transferring to put a game that I own on a different console, is it necessary or is it just a faster more efficient way of doing it

:)

JacobNielsen89, Jan 26, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Do I need to use network transferring to put a game I own on a different console

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Jacob, transferring games between consoles is just a faster way to transfer games from one console to another, many people do not have high-speed internet connections it may take more than a day to download a large game, but if you have a good connection just do it the traditional way, put your account on the new console and download the game.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Depends .

If it is a disk game and you are trying to transfer to an xbox one s digital or the xbox series s then no you are waisting your time

Those are digital only consoles and disks installs require the bluesy or dvd to validate the install

Digitally purchased game's can be transfered to save time yes

If it's to an xbox one x or regular xbox one s or xbox series x disk and digital will work with them
  4. Smwutches Win User

Transferring data from a Xbox one x to the Xbox series x

5. Hoskayra Win User

Do i need to network transfer for disc games??

Hello Tmaster24E, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

Remember that this is a possible solution, if it doesn't work for you we can try another one.

Note: This is a public forum therefore, I suggest you not share your personal information.

With the intention of being able to help you with your questions, I did an internal search in Xbox support and found that they explain that If you have several Xbox consoles or want to play at a friend's house, you can store the games saved on the Xbox servers in the cloud. Xbox and continuing where you left off, then means that it saves the progress of your games.

Information Source (Credits): https://support.xbox.com/help/games...oud-game-saves-faq#:~:text=Mientras%20est%C3% A1s%20playing%2C%20the%20data,or%20change%20to%20a%20new

In addition to this, I leave you the steps recommended by Xbox support to perform the network transfer of the games you want from one console to another, in case you don't know, I hope it helps you:

1. On the Xbox you want to copy from, press the Xbox button  on the controller to open the guide.

2. Go to Profile & system > Settings > System > Backup & transfer > Network transfer and check the Allow network transfer box. This makes the Xbox visible to other consoles on the same network.

3. Once you have enabled transfer from the host Xbox, turn on the console you want to copy the games and apps to and go to the same settings page. The host Xbox should appear.

4. Select the Xbox you want to copy from, choose the items to copy, and select Copy Selected.

Information Source (Credits): https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/enable-network-game-transfer-xbox-one

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  6. XBF Meryem R Win User

Network transfer

Thema:

1. Do I need to use network transferring to put a game I own on a different console - Similar Threads - need network transferring

2. Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...: Operating System: Windows 11. I got the CD but I need someone to help me set up my network so I can play multiplayer on home network with an identical cpu and game. Someone knowledgeable in the...
  3. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  4. Need help with network system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with network system: Mi xbox one just stoped detecting wifi signals, it gives me error "0x000000002000000" i have tried every suggestion in the xbox support, from resetting the console to resetting my router waited...
  5. Do i need to network transfer for disc games??

in XBoX on Windows
    Do i need to network transfer for disc games??: Im currently switching to a series X from my one s and i was wondering if i need to network transfer for disc games for instance i have forza horizon 5 on disc which i played on my one s but want...
  6. My network stopped working out of nowhere and its saying i need a MAC address

in XBoX on Consoles
    My network stopped working out of nowhere and its saying i need a MAC address: I have two networks i have tried both and ive manually put in my mac address and it still does not work. Ive also tried clearing. My internet works fine on every other device except for my xbox. I...
  7. My console is banned from the Xbox network and I didn't do anything wrong and I need help...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My console is banned from the Xbox network and I didn't do anything wrong and I need help...: I'm completely banned on my Xbox one s console from the Xbox network and Xbox live and I need some help please I didn't do anything wrong the people I used to be friends with they reported me for...
  8. When I need to connect to a new network via WiFi my x box series s will refresh but nothing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I need to connect to a new network via WiFi my x box series s will refresh but nothing...: When I need to connect to a new network via WiFi my x box series s will refresh but nothing will pop up ed2ada33-6e06-4333-8576-54cef2e76bfd
  9. Need assistance with unlinking Microsoft account from PlayStation Network account in Minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need assistance with unlinking Microsoft account from PlayStation Network account in Minecraft.: I accidentally linked my Microsoft accounts to the wrong PlayStation Network accounts while playing Minecraft on my PlayStation 5. Despite my attempts to unlink the accounts, I have been unable to...
  10. After network transfer, still need disc to play?

in XBoX on Consoles
    After network transfer, still need disc to play?: My kids each have their own XBOX. Both are hooked up to our home WiFi network. One kid owns Battlefront II and likes to do multiplayer. The other kid wants to also do multiplayer, on his own XBOX,...