Do I need to/should I create new accounts after a console ban?

Discus and support Do I need to/should I create new accounts after a console ban? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Our families Xbox One Console has been banned. There are no strikes at all on anyone's account (there are three accounts logged in to the Xbox, mine... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by CXEPL, Dec 7, 2023.

1. CXEPL
    CXEPL Guest

Our families Xbox One Console has been banned. There are no strikes at all on anyone's account (there are three accounts logged in to the Xbox, mine and my two sons, all connected through a family account). We are looking to buy a new console to replace the banned one. My question is, if we log into the new Xbox with our current accounts, is there a chance Xbox will ban the new console as well? Are we better off creating new accounts? I dont want a brand new console getting bricked. Thanks.

:)

CXEPL, Dec 7, 2023
  2. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Hello CXEPL, my name is Jose.

It depends on the specific circumstances of your case. However, I can provide you with information and considerations that can help you make the decision:

Reasons why creating new accounts might be necessary:

Console bans can be associated with the Microsoft accounts used on the banned console. This means that logging in with your current account on a new console could result in the new console being banned as well.

Creating new accounts helps ensure that you don't violate any of the terms of your ban. This is especially important if your ban was for a serious infraction.

New accounts can be a new beginning. This can be useful if you want to avoid any negative associations with your previous ban.

If your ban was for a minor infraction, Microsoft may be willing to lift the ban after a period of time. In this case, you may be able to continue using your existing accounts on a new console.

Creating new accounts can be inconvenient and time-consuming. You'll have to recreate your online profiles, re-download any games you own, and re-add your friends.

If you share a family account with other people, creating new accounts could be disruptive for them. They would also have to create new accounts and lose access to their existing content.

Contact Microsoft support and explain the situation. They may be able to provide you with more specific guidance on whether or not you should create new accounts.

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  3. CXEPL Win User

Thanks so much Jose, that is a really helpful and thorough answer. I will contact Microsoft and see if I can get any further information from them, although I have not had a lot of luck so far.
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

My xbox account got banned

You might just need to wait out the ban, and yes starting a new account may work but keep in mind some bans can be attached to console itself. You'd need to purchase a new PC/Console if you're device banned.
    you would not need to purchase a new pc just create and sign in with a new account on the pc, but console they could ban.
  5. eG x Thee Elf Win User

my account

Im Not Warm,

If your account has received a suspension you will need to create a new thread in the 15 - My LIVE account was suspended forums. If you console was banned then you will
    need to create a new thread in the 16 - My console was banned forums. Either way, an XBLPET member should be able to clarify why the suspension/ban was issued. Hope this
    helps!
  6. Dirty Loco Win User

Help please...

It could be either an account suspension, or a console ban. That should have been specified in the email you received. If it is an account suspension, then yes, you are free to create a new account on that console.
Thema:

1. Do I need to/should I create new accounts after a console ban? - Similar Threads - need should create

2. Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.: So my xbox one is running 40fps constantly and it is very unplayable. I havent used more than 50% of my storage, i have done hard and soft resets cleared cashes and more but nothing works. Is...
  3. need an replacement code for xbox game pass, what should i do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    need an replacement code for xbox game pass, what should i do: i brought an gaming pc with free xbox 3 months pass ,but i got no codes with it , i need an replacement code 'what should i do 5a455443-6d66-49ef-84c6-6d612006bc7e
  4. I need help guys My Xbox is not working as it should

in XboX Insiders
    I need help guys My Xbox is not working as it should: I'm having problems with my Xbox, the week has been showing errors, I spoke with the support, they asked to reset the Xbox with pen drive, but it gave an error called E101 00000504 8B50041and...
  5. Need help games not appearing where they should

in XboX Insiders
    Need help games not appearing where they should: My games are not appearing in the download folder but they are indeed downloaded to the hard drive and I can select the from the home menu I'm running the 2002 update anybody got any idea what too...
  6. Need My Promo Codes From Gears of War 4 Purchase... Should get codes for Gears of War 1,2, and ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Need My Promo Codes From Gears of War 4 Purchase... Should get codes for Gears of War 1,2, and ...: I purchased my digital copy of Gears of War 4 on November 26, 2016. Microsoft was running a promotion through December 31, 2016 that if you bought a digital copy of Gears of War 4 then you would...
  7. Cant add friends, need to change settings even though the settings are changed so i should be ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant add friends, need to change settings even though the settings are changed so i should be ...: So i have a problem with adding a friend and i have already changed the settings so that i should be able to add my friend 05ce2a36-8569-4487-b13d-8405e0e53202
  8. Where do I send information about a user who should need a ban?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I send information about a user who should need a ban?: Hi, I've recently been playing Forza Motorsport 7 and while playing online there's this one player who's very verbal and use very inappropriate language both to young players as well as adults....
  9. I need help changing my gamertag. What should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help changing my gamertag. What should I do?: Ok, so I created an xbox live account for my 360 and thought my generated name was pretty stupid (BackupFrog60). So I decide to go change it but it doesn't work. I then find out on this site that...
  10. .What advice should I need to improve the traffic of xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    .What advice should I need to improve the traffic of xbox live: Like Nat is always strict or moderate and not sure I should be on wireless or on wired 7cd5952f-b77d-4fb2-be35-98619b71e1c0