Do I need to buy xbox game pass core or ultimate to play multiplayer games even if I own...

Discus and support Do I need to buy xbox game pass core or ultimate to play multiplayer games even if I own... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a question if I own a multiplayer game do I still need to buy game pass ultimate or core e2cbdd2b-8593-4824-8f7d-2c0da1d599d2 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Zeyrox_29, Dec 12, 2023.

1. Zeyrox_29
    Zeyrox_29 Guest

Do I need to buy xbox game pass core or ultimate to play multiplayer games even if I own...

I have a question if I own a multiplayer game do I still need to buy game pass ultimate or core

:)

Zeyrox_29, Dec 12, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Call Of Duty Cold War

Are you trying to play online multiplayer? If yes, then you need Game Pass Core or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (Which includes Core) to play online multiplayer.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

I just bought Xbox game pass for gts online and it still won’t let me play online it’s only letting me play story mode

You need Game Pass Core or Game Pass Ultimate (which includes Core) to play Online multiplayer.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Hi, I was advised if I dropped my ultimate package to core I would be able to play Dayz.

If you have been playing DayZ on Game Pass Ultimate, then when you downgrade to Core, the game is not included. You will either have to purchase the game, and then you will be able to play online with Game Pass Core, or purchase Xbox Game Pass or Game Pass Ultimate to continue playing the game from there.

On another note, you do not need a subscription to play online multiplayer on the PC.
  5. Stephanie Dequito Win User

I can't play certain games because there is a popup for game pass. Can you make this go away?

Hi Daniel! My name is Stephanie and I'm more than happy to help you out!

May I ask, are you trying to play online games on your Xbox console?

If yes, according to this Xbox article: (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...ge-subscriptions/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-faq)

"Xbox Game Pass Ultimate includes all benefits of Xbox Game Pass Core, which gives you access to multiplayer games on your console. (Free-to-play games include online multiplayer without an Xbox Game Pass Core subscription.)"

You will need to have an active Xbox game pass ultimate or Xbox game pass core to enable the online multiplayer feature and play online games. Without the subscription, you can only play your games offline.

There are certain games that don't have offline but online multiplayer only which needs an Xbox Game Pass Core or Xbox Game Pass ultimate subscription in order to play them.

Kind regards,
    Stephanie
  6. Smwutches Win User

Do I need to buy xbox game pass core or ultimate to play multiplayer games even if I own that game

Yes. Core is required to play online on console with exception of free-to-play games.
Thema:

1. Do I need to buy xbox game pass core or ultimate to play multiplayer games even if I own... - Similar Threads - need buy game

2. my minecraft account says that i need to buy the game. but i did the migration and i boght...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my minecraft account says that i need to buy the game. but i did the migration and i boght...: Goodafternoon, i have a question about my minecraft account. i tried to login on my pc. but it said that i didnt had the game on that account, i know for sure that i did the migration because i...
  3. I was hacked into, got my account back, logged in and Minecraft says i need to buy the game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was hacked into, got my account back, logged in and Minecraft says i need to buy the game...: My account was hacked, I got it back and signed into minecraft. When I did, I had to make a new username and now it's saying I don't have the game and have to buy it again. Can anyone please help?...
  4. Microsoft store says I need to buy game when I was already owned and playing for months

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store says I need to buy game when I was already owned and playing for months: I bought cyberpunk 2077 with phantom liberty dlc was playing for like 2 months then the dlc gets released. Now it says I need to buy cyberpunk 2077 to play game. But I already owned it and was...
  5. i cant get my pc games on xbox after buying ultimate pass ? Ea advised its what i needed

in XBoX Accessibility
    i cant get my pc games on xbox after buying ultimate pass ? Ea advised its what i needed: help, i contacted ea because my pc games werent showing on xbox one s, i was advised to buy a pass non specific, so i puchased ultimate xbox pass ... but i still dont have my pc games, it wants me...
  6. I want to play COD MW3 zombies offline. I'm being told I need to buy game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to play COD MW3 zombies offline. I'm being told I need to buy game pass: Why do I need to buy Game Pass in order to play zombies offline? 289d7a7f-10d1-4425-97a6-68ec88cf7914
  7. I have the disc to the game but i cant play the game and says i need to buy game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have the disc to the game but i cant play the game and says i need to buy game pass: I have the disc to gta 5 and when i put the disc in and load the game up it syas that i have to buy the gamepass to play the game even tho i have the disc to the game i did just to have gamepass...
  8. Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...: I bought Dead by Daylight for 32$ and it says that I will need to pay an extra 16.99$ for a month of game pass just to play it for one month 1cb41d18-7df9-4bb7-9003-824a081915f0
  9. Why do you need to buy game pass on Cloud Gaming to play games you own already?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do you need to buy game pass on Cloud Gaming to play games you own already?: It just doesn’t make sense that you have to pay extra money to play games you already own. Can someone explain the thought behind why this was believed to be okay?...
  10. Why do I need to buy game again?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need to buy game again?: I opened minecraft on PS4 and it replaced editions button to unlock full game but I already have Minecraft ***Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Games and gaming/Other***...