Do I need new account for second Xbox

Discus and support Do I need new account for second Xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My boys have previously shared the xbox x and gamer tag. We have just bought another Xbox x. So they can have one each. Can I use the same account but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Helen Lodge, Feb 18, 2023.

1. Helen Lodge
    Helen Lodge Guest

My boys have previously shared the xbox x and gamer tag. We have just bought another Xbox x. So they can have one each. Can I use the same account but set I a new gamer tag or do I need a new account and live subscription? Also how do I do it? Thanks

:)

Helen Lodge, Feb 18, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

You would need another account. They can't be signed into the same account on both consoles at the same time to game so it could cause issues if they were to try using the same account. It's also better for the future if they don't share accounts. How to create an account

As far as the subscription, they can share that. If the account they are currently using has the subscription, have that account set one of the consoles as its Home console. Then that account would use the non-Home console and the other account would use the Home console to access the subscription. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox
  3. NeoDan123 Win User

Do I need to buy a second account?

Yes you can use your account on the second console you have. Just sign in with your account details and all your digital games will be available to be installed on the console.
  4. RedCarGamer Win User

Account Management

For a second account you will need a new Microsoft Account (new email). Like was said above you can do account share to access all games and subscriptions from the another account, but to login with a different user you will need always a new microsoft
    account.
  5. DefendedApple14 Win User

moving gamertag to another microsoft account

I have done this suggestion (for the second time actually) my old adult account is now added to my new family account as a child account and i have set the time limits. i have done all this via my pc but the xbox is not stopping! do i need to do something
    via the xbox?
  6. RedCarGamer Win User

Can't play local splitscreen without a valid membership?

No, they do not have an account
    That is the issue, you need to create a xbox account for the second player, even being a splitscreen is required a second account.
Thema:

1. Do I need new account for second Xbox - Similar Threads - need account second

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. I can’t login to my account. What do i need to do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t login to my account. What do i need to do?: Hi my name is Emiliano and i can’t login to my minecraft account. The name is GradientDeer845, I don’t recall the email or password used to login. 13634549-16d1-4ea9-875b-fafd0b7c7491
  4. I need help with an accountant enquiry

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help with an accountant enquiry: My account has been used fraudulently be7b8976-912a-4438-ad27-6ac4c8545b59
  5. Sorry I need my roblox account back I accidentally and I can't get it back because I forgot...

in XBoX on Windows
    Sorry I need my roblox account back I accidentally and I can't get it back because I forgot...: I need my pw for roblox if you guys can get it can you please b4171b36-64cc-4a48-8efa-d8df90ed8363
  6. I need help my for my account to see if any might happen

in XboX Insiders
    I need help my for my account to see if any might happen: Will a 24 hour pfp suspension affect my account in any way? I’ve never been banned or suspended before so please help. submitted by /u/Ancient_Sample_1371 [link] [comments]
  7. My account was stolen for the second time and I need help.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was stolen for the second time and I need help.: I need help recovering my account. It was just stolen 10 minutes ago and I think it is possible to recover it since it is something recent. fdc9a630-a93d-4cec-b1cf-c86d22184d72
  8. I need a second appeal request to my wrongful account ban!!!!!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need a second appeal request to my wrongful account ban!!!!!!: I need a second appeal please. My account has been wrongfully banned and I need someone to hear me out. My 14 year old little brother was on my account and he decided send a voice message to...
  9. Do I need to buy a second account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need to buy a second account?: Can I use my xbox live gold account on a second xbox at a different location? Not simultaneously, but when I am at my other home can I sign in there and play? 3f1c1d87-7218-44df-ad3a-b7b2c9e714c9
  10. Need help setting up second Xbox Live account for second profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help setting up second Xbox Live account for second profile: I just bought a used Xbox 360 - the oldest one. (And I know little to nothing) There was already an offline profile on there. So when I set up Xbox Live, it linked it to that profile, so I guess...