Do I need gamepass to play Minecraft on bedrock (I am a PC player)

Discus and support Do I need gamepass to play Minecraft on bedrock (I am a PC player) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This question has probably been answered and I am kind of skeptical of this.. I just looked over my account and saw my PC gamepass was going to expire.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lunar Wolf1, Oct 1, 2023.

1. Lunar Wolf1
    Lunar Wolf1 Guest

This question has probably been answered and I am kind of skeptical of this.. I just looked over my account and saw my PC gamepass was going to expire. This worries me because I also try to produce content on servers for Minecraft bedrock. I was wondering if me running out of PC gamepass would have an affect on my ability to join servers as it does for Xbox players. Can I please get some clarification?

:)

Lunar Wolf1, Oct 1, 2023
  2. Lunar Wolf1 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today. If you have an active Game Pass Ultimate or Game Pass for PC subscription, you can install and play Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition. For more details kindly visit: https://help.minecraft.net/hc/artic...Edition is,Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition.
    I own them both, I just don't know if when I run out of PC gamepass if it will have an affect on my ability to join servers on Bedrock
  3. Nkosana23 Win User

4. Francia J. Win User

Minecraft Java Edition is not letting me play multiplayer

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

May I ask what is the exact error or issue that you’re experiencing whenever you’re trying to play the game?

Also, you’ll need the Minecraft for Windows PC if you will be playing with a player that also uses bedrock edition of the game.
  5. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

why is my xbox 360 minecraft not getting any updates past the llama and llama man?

There are several different versions of minecraft. Minecraft: Java edition is PC only and can only crossplay with Java players (mac, Lenox, PC) The minecraft that doesnt have a version next to it is the play together version or more commonly called bedrock.
    Bedrock is the version that can be played across mobile, console, and PC. There are also editions that are made specifically for most consoles and even a stand alone mobile version. Examples would be Minecraft: Xbox One Edition, Minecraft: Pocket Edition.
    These do not work with Bedrock which is just called Minecraft. Java is the most updated version of minecraft while bedrock would be right behind that one. The others I'm really not sure how often they update them if at all. Each edition of Minecraft has to
    be purchased separately. I happen to own both Minecraft: Xbox one edition and Minecraft since they released at separate times. I also have Java on my PC. As for your issue they do not have a Bedrock version on the 360.
  6. Fynn202 Win User

My account is already migrated but Minecraft is still asking for me to pay to play Java Edition despite already having Bedrock Edition. What else do I have to do?

No i didnt have xbox gamepass before, but like i said i purchased it and installed it directly from the playstore. This allowed me to play bedrock on pc as well, but then again, not java. So just to clarify, does this mean that if i purchased the mobile version, i can only play bedrock on the pc? not java included?

oh and just to add, not only can i play bedrock, i can also play other games as well that arent meant to be for free. These games are minecraft dungeons and minecraft legends. All these games i can play, EXCEPT for java.
Thema:

1. Do I need gamepass to play Minecraft on bedrock (I am a PC player) - Similar Threads - need gamepass play

2. Do I need Gamepass to play Rivals on FC24 disk version?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need Gamepass to play Rivals on FC24 disk version?: I have purchased FC24 on disk but why I try and play Rivals it’s directing me to purchase gamepass! Why is this and why cant I just play rivals see. As I have purchased the disk....
  3. do i need to buy gamepass core to play multiplayer or not

in XBoX Games and Apps
    do i need to buy gamepass core to play multiplayer or not: so i have the gamepass ultimate right and i just downloaded payday 3 but when i click join a mach or to play it always says that i NEED to buy the gamepass core so i cant play can you help me with...
  4. Why wont it let me play gta online even tho i bought the game? Its telling me i need Gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont it let me play gta online even tho i bought the game? Its telling me i need Gamepass: I bought gta and now it wont let me play without game pass 1c81bae1-42db-4c08-8391-e998408a2b82
  5. I try booting up the game and it says I need to purchase gamepass to play them. Why is this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I try booting up the game and it says I need to purchase gamepass to play them. Why is this?: I bought a few games on disc and installed them. I try booting up the game and it says I need to purchase gamepass to play them. Why is this? I bought the game, why can't I play the games I own?...
  6. How can I play online when it tells me I need to buy gamepass or Xbox live in rainbow six siege

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I play online when it tells me I need to buy gamepass or Xbox live in rainbow six siege: In Tom Clancys rainbow six siege, when I try to play a ranked or anything online for that mater it’s tells me that I need to buy game pass or Xbox live but I bought the game digital how can I fix...
  7. Paid for xcloud gamepass ultimate and been playing for 2 days but now it says I need to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Paid for xcloud gamepass ultimate and been playing for 2 days but now it says I need to...: So I bought a month of gamepass to try the mobile gaming and it's been awesome for two days. I just went to play again and I wasn't signed out or anything but it is saying I need to buy gamepass...
  8. Do i need the xbox gamepass or the xbox live gold to play gta online? (i have the physical...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do i need the xbox gamepass or the xbox live gold to play gta online? (i have the physical...: Do i need the xbox gamepass or the xbox live gold to play gta online? (i have the physical copy) 07d9a1dc-bdad-4783-b9d8-2b622dfe6663
  9. Do I need Gamepass to play campaign on MW2?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need Gamepass to play campaign on MW2?: Just downloaded MW2, all the content packs are installed, but every time I try and play the campaign it says I need to pick a Gamepass plan? I didn’t need game pass to play the first one so I’m...
  10. Why can’t i play r6 without it saying that i need to buy gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t i play r6 without it saying that i need to buy gamepass: So i bought r6 (rainbow six siege) and when i try to play it says i need to buy gamepass first. The only thing i can play is learning area. Also idk if this helps but i did buy gamepass a few...