Do I need Gamepass to play campaign on MW2?

Discus and support Do I need Gamepass to play campaign on MW2? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Just downloaded MW2, all the content packs are installed, but every time I try and play the campaign it says I need to pick a Gamepass plan? I didn’t... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Spencerlad, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Spencerlad
    Spencerlad Guest

Just downloaded MW2, all the content packs are installed, but every time I try and play the campaign it says I need to pick a Gamepass plan? I didn’t need game pass to play the first one so I’m confused. Do I now need to pay a monthly subscription for a game I just paid £70 for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

:)

Spencerlad, Jan 29, 2023
  2. Spencerlad Win User

Thank you for your help, my Xbox live gold had run out. Quite embarrassing at how simple that was.
  3. John P_14 Win User

Oh, I see. If you want to play multiplayer, you either need to get Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass Ultimate.
  4. Spencerlad Win User

Hi thanks for your reply, unfortunately I want to play the campaign, multiplayer and Battle Royal but can only play Battle Royal.

I keep getting the same message about game pass for both campaign and multiplayer.
  5. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

If you will be playing the game campaign for the game no need for an Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass Ultimate, you just need to set your console to offline. To do so please follow the steps below:

Settings > General > Network Settings > Go Offline.
  6. The1337gamer Win User

Your Favourtie COD?

Only played COD4, MW2 and Black Ops. Out of those i've only played MW2 and Black Ops online. Both online are pretty boring i think so my opinion on which is best is based only on the campaign.

I would say COD4 is the best, the campaign was more challenging and fun to play although MW2 and Black Ops both have decent campaigns.
Thema:

1. Do I need Gamepass to play campaign on MW2? - Similar Threads - need Gamepass play

2. Do I need Gamepass to play Rivals on FC24 disk version?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need Gamepass to play Rivals on FC24 disk version?: I have purchased FC24 on disk but why I try and play Rivals it’s directing me to purchase gamepass! Why is this and why cant I just play rivals see. As I have purchased the disk....
  3. do i need to buy gamepass core to play multiplayer or not

in XBoX Games and Apps
    do i need to buy gamepass core to play multiplayer or not: so i have the gamepass ultimate right and i just downloaded payday 3 but when i click join a mach or to play it always says that i NEED to buy the gamepass core so i cant play can you help me with...
  4. Do I need gamepass to play Minecraft on bedrock (I am a PC player)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need gamepass to play Minecraft on bedrock (I am a PC player): This question has probably been answered and I am kind of skeptical of this.. I just looked over my account and saw my PC gamepass was going to expire. This worries me because I also try to...
  5. Why wont it let me play gta online even tho i bought the game? Its telling me i need Gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont it let me play gta online even tho i bought the game? Its telling me i need Gamepass: I bought gta and now it wont let me play without game pass 1c81bae1-42db-4c08-8391-e998408a2b82
  6. I try booting up the game and it says I need to purchase gamepass to play them. Why is this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I try booting up the game and it says I need to purchase gamepass to play them. Why is this?: I bought a few games on disc and installed them. I try booting up the game and it says I need to purchase gamepass to play them. Why is this? I bought the game, why can't I play the games I own?...
  7. How can I play online when it tells me I need to buy gamepass or Xbox live in rainbow six siege

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I play online when it tells me I need to buy gamepass or Xbox live in rainbow six siege: In Tom Clancys rainbow six siege, when I try to play a ranked or anything online for that mater it’s tells me that I need to buy game pass or Xbox live but I bought the game digital how can I fix...
  8. Paid for xcloud gamepass ultimate and been playing for 2 days but now it says I need to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Paid for xcloud gamepass ultimate and been playing for 2 days but now it says I need to...: So I bought a month of gamepass to try the mobile gaming and it's been awesome for two days. I just went to play again and I wasn't signed out or anything but it is saying I need to buy gamepass...
  9. Do i need the xbox gamepass or the xbox live gold to play gta online? (i have the physical...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do i need the xbox gamepass or the xbox live gold to play gta online? (i have the physical...: Do i need the xbox gamepass or the xbox live gold to play gta online? (i have the physical copy) 07d9a1dc-bdad-4783-b9d8-2b622dfe6663
  10. Why can’t i play r6 without it saying that i need to buy gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t i play r6 without it saying that i need to buy gamepass: So i bought r6 (rainbow six siege) and when i try to play it says i need to buy gamepass first. The only thing i can play is learning area. Also idk if this helps but i did buy gamepass a few...