Do I have to wait till my subscription ends before i can redeem a new xbox live gold ...

Discus and support Do I have to wait till my subscription ends before i can redeem a new xbox live gold ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox live gold subscription expiring on the 4th of Feb. I bought another gift card for 3 months. When I try to redeem in, it says "Something... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Phantom4Flyer, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Do I have to wait till my subscription ends before i can redeem a new xbox live gold ...

I have an Xbox live gold subscription expiring on the 4th of Feb. I bought another gift card for 3 months. When I try to redeem in, it says "Something went wrong" and it says either "Give it another try. If it doesn't work, go to [Xbox support site] for
    help (error code XBOS-5002)" or it says "Try again is a few minutes (ERROR CODE XBOS3008)". Do I have to wait till my current subscription expires? before I can redeem another Xbox live gold subscription?

:)

Phantom4Flyer, Jan 25, 2017
  2. HappyTroopa
    HappyTroopa Guest
    Wait so you get 2 free games every month even if you stop paying for Gold??

Yeah, unless something has changed recently, you get to keep your Xbox 360 gold games.

But the Xbox One gold games you need to have an active subscription.

Here it is from the official Xbox site:

HappyTroopa, Jan 25, 2017
  3. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Gold Membership

Gold subscriptions stack. You can add up to 36 months of gold at a time. So you don't have to wait for it to end before adding a new one.

Smwutches, Jan 25, 2017
  4. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest

Do I have to wait till my subscription ends before i can redeem a new xbox live gold ...

Hey Phantom4Flyer! Have you tried redeeming the code online? Do you have a valid payment option on your account? Check here for more info check

here
    under the Xbox One section. Thanks!

Mister Cizl, Jan 26, 2017
  5. Mister Cizl Win User

Do I have to wait till my subscription ends before i can redeem a new xbox live gold subscription?

Hey Phantom4Flyer! Have you tried redeeming the code online? Do you have a valid payment option on your account? Check here for more info check

here
    under the Xbox One section. Thanks!
  6. DopeyStoner Win User

Do digital codes expire?

I just redeemed my Microsoft points on a 12 month subscription for Xbox gold, when I tried to redeem the code it told my that it will convert it into 4 months of Xbox game pass, I don't want game pass I want gold, do I have to wait for my game pass to
    expire before I can redeem my code for 12 months of gold
  7. WPAK Win User

Unable to Redeem Code.

Thanks for the reply. Is it that I already have a my subscription running. My current subscription ends on July 31. And I was trying to add the live gold pack on top of that?
    Hi,

depending on what kind of subscription it was (Like a Trial, Special Offer subscription etc) it could indeed be the case that it can not be added on top of the current subscription.

In that case waiting for the current one to end would result in you being able to add/activate the new subscription without problems.

Usually standard subscriptions can be added on top of eachother up to 36 months in the future, but in this situation it is best to wait until the current subscription ends and then trying to redeem again
  8. tejo chase Win User

Xbox games with gold

You will have to wait until your current subscription ends then you can get xbox live gold subscription just remeber to turn off auto renew before your current sub ends
  9. Darkhawk Ninja Win User

my xbox live gold code wont redeem it keeps saying try again in a few minutes

I've seen multiple issues for this problem. Here are some common reasons an Xbox live code won't redeem:

- You had Xbox Live Gold previously and have an overdue balance (check for this at account.microsoft.com under "Services and Subscriptions")

- You currently have a 12 month Xbox Gold Subscription, so you must wait till it expires before redeeming a new code

- The region of the Xbox Live Gold code does not match the region to which your account/console is set

- Your account has been suspended or banned (check for this at enforcement.xbox.com )

- Your account information is not up to date

Let us know if none of these scenarios fit so we can look into it further. You can also visit support.xbox.com/contact-us to chat with an Ambassador or Official Xbox Staff to the help you need quicker than the forums can supply. Good Luck!

Hit Upvote if this Helps!
Thema:

1. Do I have to wait till my subscription ends before i can redeem a new xbox live gold ... - Similar Threads - wait till subscription

2. Do I have to wait till my security email is confirmed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do I have to wait till my security email is confirmed?: I’ve recently reset my security email and I’ve tried to sign on to my Xbox account but I get a pop up saying that my security has been reset and I can continue using my account as normal but when...
  3. Do I have to wait till madden 24 release to get my refund that was taken out when I pre...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I have to wait till madden 24 release to get my refund that was taken out when I pre...: Do I have to wait till madden 24 release to get my refund that was taken out when I pre ordered the game ? 08430db7-11ab-4b9e-a957-185a1a92bb04
  4. bingo...down ugh guess i will wait till next year to play....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    bingo...down ugh guess i will wait till next year to play....: ugh....guess I have to wait till next year to play bingo 6c5f7474-4c1c-42d1-99cd-7ba6e9d77b62
  5. Buy "The One Now" or Wait till holidays for possible bundles and price drop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buy "The One Now" or Wait till holidays for possible bundles and price drop: I purchased the xbone on release and traded for a ps4 about a month in due to the pay wall for apps. One of my favorite games was RISE. With the new updates and the stuff coming in November I...
  6. buying new games from xbox live and having to wait till 3:01am to play them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    buying new games from xbox live and having to wait till 3:01am to play them: Anyone else have a problem with buying a new release through xbox live and not being able to play them at 12:01am? Microsoft; if you want me to give my money directly to you, let me play at...
  7. Excited for destiny... not so much having to wait till 3 am est.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Excited for destiny... not so much having to wait till 3 am est.: I can only assume it's because Microsoft is west coast. I prefer dig dls when pos and had and issue with not being able to leave the house on launch night. It would be nice if the game would be...
  8. will tomb raider be up on the store tonight at 12am or we have to wait till tuesday morning or ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    will tomb raider be up on the store tonight at 12am or we have to wait till tuesday morning or ...: Just like the title says will it be available tonight or wait till tomorrow 6bf2c46d-25ac-4f31-9668-8e42e388b33a
  9. Wait till it is in the vault.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wait till it is in the vault.: Ok so I have played about 3 hours of the Full Game Need For Speed trial and all I can say is thank God for EA Access because without it I would not know that this game is terrible and to save my...
  10. I own a Ps4 it has its problems but I will wait till e32014 to see what comes out. I wish I ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I own a Ps4 it has its problems but I will wait till e32014 to see what comes out. I wish I ...: Im not selling my Ps4 I would like to wait and see whats coming e32014. Ive saved 300 dollars hopefully by next month I can buy it with 4 games. Where I live both consoles are sold out. If a fan...