Do Game Pass PC games work with Dualshock 4?

Discus and support Do Game Pass PC games work with Dualshock 4? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently picked up a Game Pass Ultimate subscription. Prior to this the only game I'd ever installed from the Microsoft Store was Minecraft Bedrock,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Thw0rted, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Thw0rted
    Thw0rted Guest

I recently picked up a Game Pass Ultimate subscription. Prior to this the only game I'd ever installed from the Microsoft Store was Minecraft Bedrock, everything else came from Steam. I always kind of took universal controller support for granted, because
    if nothing else I could have Steam make my gamepad show up as a 360 pad.

Most of the time I use a Dualshock 4 wired via USB. It doesn't show up at all in Sea of Thieves, nor Spiritfarer. Since I wanted to try Spiritfarer in co-op, it's really important to figure out at least one gamepad. I thought maybe if I launched it through
    Steam (using "add non-Steam Game to library") it would emulate a 360 pad, but that doesn't seem to have helped. I'm not using any other controller customization software (like DS4Windows) but I do have the Playstation Remote Play client installed which might
    have a different version of DS4 drivers.

Is there anything else I should be doing to make my gamepad show up in UWP games?

:)

Thw0rted, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

The reason why it doesn't work in Windows 10 Store games (UWP) is because the Dual Shock 4 isn't a Xinput device and therefore Windows itself won't see it as such. Steam has built in support for all sorts of controllers and can provide Xinput from its own
    software. That's why it works in Steam but not Win 10 games.

The only way I know of is by DS4Windows, although not owning a DS4 controller I have no experience myself.
  3. Santkill Win User

Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter Compatibility Question

Probably yes, it works, 'cause it works on Dualshock 4 for PS4, with both Chat and Audio game.

And the Dualshock 4 is CTIA standard, not OMTP.

=)
  4. StiizZy Win User

Dualshock 4 not working through bluetooth.

What you're failing to understand is that there are games WITH NATIVE SUPPORT FOR DUALSHOCK 4, sony doesn't support it BUT THE GAME DOES without needing third party drivers. And those games WITH NATIVE SUPPORT aren't working on my main pc, WHILE THEY DO WORK ON MY LAPTOP AND ON MY FRIEND'S PC.
  5. XBF John Win User

My wireless controller is not working on my laptop.

To be honest you may have to contact Sony about connecting a PlayStation controller to PC.

From PlayStation’s website:

You can connect a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller to a Windows PC using a DUALSHOCK®4 USB wireless adaptor or a compatible micro USB cable.

Thanks,

6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Dualshock 4 not working through bluetooth.

Hi StiizZy! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

This is from the manufactures support site

Devices using the operating systems listed below or later support DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller Bluetooth connections. Once connected, you can use your wireless controller to control compatible games and applications via Bluetooth.

Android:tm: 10 iOS 13

iPadOS 13

macOS Catalina

tvOS 13

Connect DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller to a Windows PC:

You can connect a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller to a Windows PC using a DUALSHOCK:registered:4 USB wireless adaptor or a compatible micro USB cable.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardw...
Thema:

1. Do Game Pass PC games work with Dualshock 4? - Similar Threads - Game Pass games

2. Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working: I have been unable to claim the Blue Mountain State Season 1 perk on Game Pass. Every time I have tried to claim it, it doesn't work, because neither my Series X or the Xbox App show the perk in...
  3. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  4. Multiple charges ultimate game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiple charges ultimate game pass: My husband and I both use same xbox. We are each getting charged 18.49. We were told that the ultimate game pass would apply to both. On April he was charged twice. Now we have been charged 4...
  5. Can’t sign in to game pass on pc

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t sign in to game pass on pc: I just downloaded the game pass app and when I try to sign in it says “Sorry something went wrong. Try again in a while (0x89235107)” before I even get the chance to put my information in. I wait...
  6. Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq: I have got Xbox game pass ultimate and I want to download call of duty black ops 6 when it releases can I get it on game pass on its own without getting call of duty hq is there anyway when black...
  7. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  8. How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?

in XboX Insiders
    How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?: Im not sure if i should post it here or another subreddit but i found a post with a similar question so. I bought the xbox game pass on my pc and played it, specifically Persona 5 Royal is one of...
  9. Xbox game pass consoleeeeeeeeeee

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game pass consoleeeeeeeeeee: Hi Does someone have any trial or starter code or just wanna give out a xbox game pass code, i am really strugguling to get money to buy it for the kids i would really appritate if someone could...
  10. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dualshock 4 gamepass pc