DNS server can't resolve Xbox LIVE server names.

Discus and support DNS server can't resolve Xbox LIVE server names. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Before getting started with these steps, you will want to make sure that you have your wireless password if you are on a wireless connection. These... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Misses Quinzel, Jun 13, 2015.

1. DNS server can't resolve Xbox LIVE server names.

Before getting started with these steps, you will want to make sure that you have your wireless password if you are on a wireless connection. These steps will clear out any manual settings you have, which could be the cause of any DNS errors. We suggest
    not setting any network settings to manual to ensure there are no issues with them.

Please follow these steps in this order. The simple things are generally the ones that will resolve your issue! DNS server can't resolve Xbox LIVE server names. :)

Reset network settings to default

Turn your Xbox 360 on. From your Xbox 360 dashboard (the console’s main menu), navigate to the ‘Settings’ hub, and select ‘System'. From there, you can select ‘Network Settings', and the network you’re on (wired or wireless).

Once you’ve chosen the appropriate network, select ‘Configure Network'. Navigate to the ‘Additional Settings’ tab, and select ‘Restore to Factory Defaults'.

If you have a wireless adapter attached to your console, turn off your Xbox 360 console, and unplug your wireless adapter from its USB port.

Unplug your router (and wireless extenders if you have them) and modem, and leave everything unplugged for 5 minutes. Plug the modem back in; be sure to give it at least a full minute to come back online. When it’s up to speed, do the same with your router,
    and repeat this step for any additional piece of network hardware you’re using. If you have the wireless adapter, plug it back in to your console before continuing to the next step. When all of your network hardware is running, turn on your console.

Test your Live connection

From the dashboard, navigate to the ‘Settings’ hub, select ‘System’, and then ‘Network Settings’. Select the appropriate network (wired or wireless), and then select ‘Test Xbox Live Connection'. If you are using a wireless connection, you will need to set up
    your network again with the wireless password.

If you’re still receiving a DNS error, continue to the next step.

Use manual DNS settings

Obtain public DNS server addresses

The automatic settings should be using the DNS servers that your PC is getting. For this reason, we suggest researching public DNS servers that you can use in place of the ones your internet provider supplies.

Enter the public DNS server addresses on your console

In the dashboard menu of your Xbox 360, go to the ‘Settings’ hub, and select the ‘System’ tile. Then, select ‘Network Settings'. Select your network connection (wired or wireless), then select ‘Configure Network'.

On the ‘Basic Settings’ tab, select ‘DNS Settings', and then select ‘Manual'. Here you will be able to select ‘Primary DNS Server’ and ‘Secondary DNS Server’, into which you will enter the first and second addresses you recorded in the last step, respectively.
    When you have entered them and selected ‘Done’ for each one, press the (B) button and select ‘Test Xbox Live Connection'.

If you’re still encountering a DNS error, move on to the next step.

Connect directly to the modem

Use an ethernet cable to connect your Xbox 360 console to your modem, bypassing the router entirely. Before running a LIVE connection test, do the full network power cycle that we have suggested above, including the test connection step.

I’m still getting a DNS error. What do I do now?

You may want to give your Internet Service provider a call, to see if they have a resolution for the error on their end. Also, feel free to make a post in the forums, though please be sure to check the questions at the bottom of this post, to better help
    us help you!

:)

Misses Quinzel, Jun 13, 2015
  2. iStr8xLegit
    iStr8xLegit Guest
    Bridge connections help!

"Your DNS server can't resolve the names of the Xbox LIVE servers or Xbox.com"

iStr8xLegit, Jun 13, 2015
  3. DNS server

It says my DNS server can't resolve Xbox live server names if you have any idea how to fix please let me know

FALL3NxSLAY3R69, Jun 13, 2015
  4. iStr8xLegit Win User

Bridge connections help!

"Your DNS server can't resolve the names of the Xbox LIVE servers or Xbox.com"
  5. LiquidMotion Win User

DNS Error - Your manually configured DNS settings may not be correct

Ive tried that. It gives me the dns server cant resolve xbox live server names error
  6. Player867070838 Win User

BT Home Hub and Xbox Live

My Xbox hasn't got built in wifi, which is why I'm using an ethernet cable.

I'm getting the error "your dns server can't resolve xbox live server names".

My xbox connects to the network but not the internet.

And I have tried setting Googles DNS servers and the OpenDNS servers, which resulted in it not even connecting to the network
  7. VernierSlake Win User

Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox LIVE server names

8. Dumb Ignant Win User

Frequent xbox live disconnection

Update: Error message.

Your DNS server can't resolve xbox server names.

There may be a problem with the routing tables used to find Xbox Live on the internet. This is usually a problem outside your home network. Inform your ISP.
Thema:

DNS server can't resolve Xbox LIVE server names.

1. DNS server can't resolve Xbox LIVE server names. - Similar Threads - DNS server can't

2. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  3. DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.: DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names. I have an old Xbox 360 that connects to the network via internet cable, but it wont connect to the internet, the main error i have...
  4. dns isn’t resolving xbox server names

in XBoX on Consoles
    dns isn’t resolving xbox server names: so i can’t play online games because it keeps saying “DNS isn’t resolving Xbox server names” and i’ve already tried restarting the router, hard resetting the xbox, and changing the dns setting...
  5. DNS isn’t resolving Xbox server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS isn’t resolving Xbox server names.: The suggested solution is to unplug router or modem from power for 30 seconds then plug in and try again, but i cant unplug either because i don’t have access to either (i live in student housing...
  6. The DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names

in XBoX on Consoles
    The DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names: hi, I m not able to connect to Xbox Live server, tried many options available on Xbox support not able to connect. bc2434ca-803d-473a-93e3-5974354504dd
  7. Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.: I am on a wired connection using University Internet. My issue started yesterday when my xbox internet randomly shut off. Me and my roommate both have xbox ones that are connected to the internet...
  8. DNS Error - The DNS server can't resolve xbox live server names

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS Error - The DNS server can't resolve xbox live server names: Hi, I have been going out of my mind here trying to connect my machine. I have my connection coming in from a fibre optic cable to my router to my pc's and my xbox machine. All setup fine,...
  9. Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox live server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox live server names.: I have been having this issue for a few days now, 3 or 4 now at least, i have done everything, from restarting the modem/gateway i have from comcast to simply restoring network settings to factory...
  10. DNS Server can't resolve xbox user names

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS Server can't resolve xbox user names: What Country/State/Province do you live in? US, California Modem brand & model number: Aris TG862 Router brand & model number: Same If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter,...