DNS error 80151903 on xbox360

Discus and support DNS error 80151903 on xbox360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I keep getting a dns error when testing connecting WiFi this is my first time and when I turn Xbox on it says the 80151903... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Araiz Khan, Jun 22, 2024 at 6:25 PM.

1. Araiz Khan
    Araiz Khan Guest

I keep getting a dns error when testing connecting WiFi this is my first time and when I turn Xbox on it says the 80151903

:)

2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Araiz, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

This error code is a network one, related to your connection DNS.

Please, reset your network connection in the console:

Press the Guide button on your controller, select Settings, and select System Settings.

Select Network Settings.

Select the name of your wireless network when the network list is displayed.

Select Configure Network.

On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults.

When prompted, select Yes, Restore to Factory Defaults.

Restart your console.

You will receive a message to configure wireless settings.

Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to your wireless network.

Test your network connection again (Settings > System Settings > Network Settings > Wired Network > Test Xbox Live Connection).

If it still does not work, you need to contact your Internet Provider and ask them to verify your connection.

I hope this helps.

Source:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-360-wireless-connection
  3. supermm Win User

: DNS problem 80151903

Hi,

Did you try opening the ports that are required for Xbox Live? see https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-360/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

You can also follow these steps described here;

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/networking/connection-error-solution

You can also try setting fixed DNS servers. you can use the ones provided by your ISP or use Google DNS 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.
    2. Select Network Settings.
    3. Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network.
    4. Select Configure Network.
    5. On the Basic Settings tab, select DNS Settings.
    6. Select Manual.
    7. Select Primary DNS Server.
    8. Enter the first number you wrote down, and then select Done.
    9. Select Secondary DNS Server.
    10. Enter the second number you wrote down, and then select Done.
    11. Select Done again.
    12. Press the B button on your controller and then select Test Xbox Live Connection.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, on Xbox 360 it says that I will not be able to connect to Xbox Live because of 80151903, and please help me as soon as possible, how to set DNS, thanks in advance from Georgia

5. RazorWits Win User

xbox360 MTU and DNS errors

No errors on pinging.. No fragmented packets.

Yes, I do connect with a VPN. I also connect in to home through a VPN when I am away as well as host several websites.

The XBox live connection worked previously with this router. The only change that was made was the cable modem.
  6. KaitlynnKopp Win User

xbox360 MTU and DNS errors

Level 1

AllAmbs

Posted 1 Mar 2016 9:49 AM

have you tried to reset your network configuration?

This link below shows you the steps to do it for an MTU error.

support.xbox.com/.../connection-error-solution

Also this link is for a DNS Error

support.xbox.com/.../connection-error-solution

if that doesn't work.....I suggest logging into your router and changing the settings thru the

this is the link to reset your arris surfboard 6183 thru the router arris.force.com/.../SB6183-Troubleshoot-Internet-Connection

and also you can do the same with comcast's router by going to
    http://10.0.0.1

and using the default login if you didn't already create your own which is:

admin

password

if there are any other issue let me know and i'll be able to help you! also let me know if these aren't what you are looking for and i'll find another solution to your problem
Thema:

1. DNS error 80151903 on xbox360 - Similar Threads - DNS error 80151903

2. Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.: So I turned on my xbox and found it shows as offline. "Forgot" my wifi, and reset the network. Hard rebooted xbox. Power cycled xbox and router. Checked router settings (no issues), tried...
  3. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  4. after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away

in XBoX on Consoles
    after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away: i was having trouble downloading GTA V which i saw a lot of people do and someone said to clear local saved games in settings in which i did, i then booted up my xbox series X to find my...
  5. Dns error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dns error: Why it's keep showing me dns error I've been trying to fix it like an hour but can't be fix and i still can't go to xbox live pls help me 0a4acdac-ca1d-415a-95e3-391b20e54f2a
  6. DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.: DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names. I have an old Xbox 360 that connects to the network via internet cable, but it wont connect to the internet, the main error i have...
  7. getting an error where my xbox cannot resolve DNS - happens with wireless and wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    getting an error where my xbox cannot resolve DNS - happens with wireless and wired...: is my xbox x network card flaky ? fa3ea43a-c37a-40ec-a1df-825745a8da90
  8. I have a dns error and 8888 , 8844 is not working is there any thing that can help me?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a dns error and 8888 , 8844 is not working is there any thing that can help me?: Please help me with this error i had it for a long time and i can't fix it i tried Dns 8888 and 8844 and it didn't work please help e4d37db4-9150-4b53-84bd-aefd56e8de50
  9. DNS error 80151903 on Xbox 360 while connecting to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS error 80151903 on Xbox 360 while connecting to Xbox live: Whenever i try to connect on xbox live it gives me this error code (80151903). Please suggest some ways to solve this problem. 94a375a5-1524-4a2b-b115-fa1a35cf4cf3
  10. Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox Live: DNS error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox Live: DNS error: My Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox Live. We have tried almost all solutions, and the router works just fine. Every time we sign in, it gives us this error: Your console can't connect to Xbox Live....