DLC isn't recognized in Remnant: from the Ashes on PC

Discus and support DLC isn't recognized in Remnant: from the Ashes on PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I own Remnant: from the Ashes - Complete Edition and have tried installing it multiple times including the DLC (Swamps of Corsus & Subject 2923) both... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SciKo, Dec 9, 2023.

1. SciKo
    SciKo Guest

I own Remnant: from the Ashes - Complete Edition and have tried installing it multiple times including the DLC (Swamps of Corsus & Subject 2923) both separate and as part of the automatic queueing when installing the Complete Edition. I can play the base game on PC but the DLCs are not recognized. If I try the same thing on an Xbox Series X the DLCs are recognized (it's a Play Anywhere title). I have bought this bundle for the purpose of playing it on PC and have played through the base game on PC so I'd like this resolved so I can continue playing the DLCs on PC aswell.

I can confirm the DLCs are marked as installed in the Xbox App, the Microsoft Store App and they exist in their own folders in the same install directory as the base game. It is either an Xbox issue (perhaps since it's on Game Pass and I own Game Pass Ultimate and the Game Pass version is only the base game it somehow selects to load up the game pass version even though I own and have installed everything?) or it's a nasty bug attributed to the PC (Xbox App) version of the game. In either way I'm asking for your help to resolve this.

In my mind it should be of the highest priority to make sure bought and paid for content in your store actually works so there has to be some form of QA that at some point had this work right?

I welcome any and all help, thank you in advance.

Hardware: 13900K, RTX4090, 64GB RAM (DDR5 I believe), Corsair MP600 PRO 2TB (also tried installing C: drive - on Samsung SSD 990 PRO 1TB)

Xbox App Version:
    17.83.17004.0 (Gaming Services)
    6.123.11012.0 (Game Bar)

:)

SciKo, Dec 9, 2023
  2. SciKo Win User

Thank you for the additional suggestions Tomm_A but unfortunately after trying each one step by step with some additional test of my own later on it just does not want to work. Does Microsoft have a direct way of contacting Gunfire Games if it is in fact an in-game bug and not Xbox/Windows that is the faulting party?

I may add on top of your suggestions ("Repair the game" I actually posted a screenshot in my previous post) I uninstalled everything again and separately installed and opened the game + DLC via Microsoft Store app instead but to no avail. Installing a DLC separately also always seem to trigger the base game to be downloaded and installed first, queueing the DLC in the process until the base game is installed.

However I don't think installing is the issue here. I have 3 theories so far, either it's some manifest somewhere that's not being filled out correctly (omitting the DLCs) due to a bug or otherwise, Game Pass is overriding my bought version of the game or it is an actual in-game bug which makes me very curious if Microsoft has any data on any people actually playing the Remnant: from the Ashes DLCs on PC (via Xbox App).

In any case my disappointment grows at this stage and I almost want to push for some proof that these DLCs work on the Xbox PC App at all. Valuable days of co-operative gaming with my friends are passing by with this.

If you are in a position to do so I'd very much appreciate if there's a way to bump this up to someone that can take a look behind the curtains (on the technical side). Thank you again.

Regards,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello SciKo,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're experiencing issues with the Remnant: from the Ashes DLC on your PC. Based on the information you've provided, it seems like you've already taken the necessary steps to install the DLCs and they are marked as installed in the Xbox App and Microsoft Store App. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

One thing you can try is to verify the integrity of the game files. To do this, go to the game's installation folder, right-click on the game's executable file, and select "Properties". Then, go to the "Local Files" tab and click on "Verify Integrity of Game Files". This will check for any missing or corrupted files and replace them if necessary.

If that doesn't work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game and DLCs. Make sure to fully uninstall the game and all DLCs before reinstalling them. To do that, go to your library, right click remnant, go to properties, there should be a tab for dlc, uncheck the ones you don't want to install, then delete the dlc files from your computer.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. SciKo Win User

No this is probably the same as for me. I didn't recall having to click install in the app after being routed there via the website but it does sound familiar. I believe this is how it was for me too.

Just to reiterate it did not work most of the times for me but maybe 2 out of 10 install attempts. The good thing is that (at least for me) once it successfully recognizes a DLC it seems to always recognize it after that. So in essence once you succeed it should be fine no matter what you do afterwards.

This is unfortunately all the help I can offer you. This is how I got it to work. It's bordering atrocious that we as customers are left to solve issues that are clearly on Xbox to solve and furthermore when bringing this issue to light there is no recognition and no interest what so ever to deal with it. Experiences and service like this is what makes long time customers change ecosystem. Shame on Xbox really.

If you manage to dig up some more information or get through to have this fixed the proper way I'd love to hear about it. For now this is all I have.

Best of luck!
  5. SciKo Win User

Hey John!

After everything I went through to quite unreliably force it to work my bet is the same as yours. The app or the system/framework in which it relies on is not reliable and quite evidently so.

In any case, what I ultimately did to solve my issue was to listen to an Xbox representative's stab in the dark and install everything via the website.

This means you first uninstall everything and then install via the website. It will queue it up in the app as usual but first time I tried it one of my two DLCs actually properly worked after that. It took me another 4 or 5 tries to get the other DLC to work aswell. I tried both choosing install on the specific DLC (worked for one of the DLCs) and ultimately installing the Complete Edition containing both DLCs worked for the other DLC but not before one or two failed attempts.

I suspect there could be some kind of race condition or unreliable trigger server side but of all the people I spoke to none could really confirm any suspicions.

Good luck my friend!
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello SciKo,

Thank you for coming back with the precise information.

I would agree with you that it is possible that this is a bug and needs to be reported to the game developer support team. In terms of game installation, it is successfully installed without an error. We will help you reach the game support directly and submit a ticket request. Here is the link: Submit a request – Arc Games Support

We thank you for bringing this concern here and glad to point you to the dedicated team where you can get the most accurate solution to your concern.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. DLC isn't recognized in Remnant: from the Ashes on PC - Similar Threads - DLC isn't recognized

2. When I look for a recently released DLC for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, it isn't there.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I look for a recently released DLC for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, it isn't there.: So I am trying to get the new DLC in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, bought the Hero of Justice Pack Set and I got the first DLC but not the second, none of the DLCs are shown in the store, meaning I...
  3. Dirt 3 DLC isn't showing on Xbox One to download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dirt 3 DLC isn't showing on Xbox One to download: I can't redownload the VIP pass for Dirt 3. It will not show up on my Xbox One. Also when I go to purchase the other DLC pack it gives an error every time. It states that it can not be completed...
  4. My Dlc isn't downloading, what do I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Dlc isn't downloading, what do I do?: I tried to download it but it won't ! 4a3f40e4-8684-4ad5-9fbf-7d72eb137c73
  5. DiRT Rally 2.0 DLC isn't appearing in my career.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DiRT Rally 2.0 DLC isn't appearing in my career.: As the title says. A long time ago, I bought DiRT Rally 2.0 and all of the DLC associated. Since, I haven't been able to access any DLC through my career mode, only through Freeplay or Time Trial....
  6. United Fronts DLC for WW2 isn't working.

in XboX Insiders
    United Fronts DLC for WW2 isn't working.: So I bought the United Fronts DLC for Call of Duty WW2 and it is saying I don't own the DLC when i have the thing installed. Microsoft isn't being very helpful and I can't find anything on google...
  7. I own several games on Xbox. I got game pass ultimate so I could play on PC but DLC isn't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own several games on Xbox. I got game pass ultimate so I could play on PC but DLC isn't...: I own several games on Xbox. I got game pass ultimate so I could play on PC but DLC isn't carrying over!!! Is this supposed to be like this if so it's wrong? c8532924-2bee-44e3-83a2-1c39e2e56a9b
  8. Dlc isn't working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dlc isn't working: So I bought Destiny The Taken King edition with all the previous dlcs. All of a sudden they don't work. I got an error about them. I checked and they were still there. So I tried Uninstalling them...
  9. Forza Horizon 4 LEGO Speed Champions DLC isn't showing up as owned

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 LEGO Speed Champions DLC isn't showing up as owned: So, I've had the LEGO DLC for a while now, and suddenly it says I don't own it and it isn't installed. I have the LEGO cars in my garage but I cant drive them because every time I click on them it...
  10. I purchased a DLC that isn't showing as owned

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased a DLC that isn't showing as owned: I'm revisiting Dragon Age: Origins. I had this back when it came out on 360 and purchased a good majority of its DLC. Worth adding I am playing this with backwards compatibility on Xbox One....