DLC included on game disc is missing after freezing during download

Discus and support DLC included on game disc is missing after freezing during download in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Bought dark souls 3 fire fades edition, comes with both DLCs on disc no code needed. During download it froze while downloading 2nd dlc and will not... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Villain Grotesk, Dec 27, 2023.

1. DLC included on game disc is missing after freezing during download

Bought dark souls 3 fire fades edition, comes with both DLCs on disc no code needed. During download it froze while downloading 2nd dlc and will not resume download, so I cancelled download but now it's not there to re download. Can I recover this second dlc without uninstalling everything. Already went to manage game and add ons and its not there to even attempt a re-download. Any help is appreciated

:)

Villain Grotesk, Dec 27, 2023
  2. Vanessaez Win User

Hi Villain G,

Thanks for your query.

If you uninstall everything, your saved progress will be deleted. Xbox game save files are stored on the console, not the disc. If you want to keep your saved progress, you can try copying it to an external drive before uninstalling the game.

To copy your saved progress, follow these steps:

Connect an external drive to your Xbox console.
    Go to Settings > System > Storage.
    Select the external drive.
    Select "Storage."
    Select "Games & apps."
    Select "Store to this device."
    Select the game you want to copy.
    Select "Copy."
    Once you have copied your saved progress to the external drive, you can uninstall the game and DLC from your Xbox console. Then, you can reinstall the game and DLC from the disc.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Vanessa.
  3. Villain Grotesk Win User

If I Uninstall everything will that delete my saved progress or can that be recovered upon reinstalling
  4. Vanessaez Win User

Hi Villain G, my name is Vanessa, and I would be happy to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the Dark Souls 3 DLC.

Based on the information you've provided, it sounds like the DLC froze during download and then couldn't be resumed.

Here are a few things you can try to recover the DLC:

Try restarting your Xbox console. This can sometimes fix minor download issues.
    Try deleting the game and DLC from your Xbox console. You can then reinstall the game and DLC from the disc.
    To delete the game and DLC, follow these steps:

Select the game disc on which Dark Souls 3 is installed.
    Select "Dark Souls 3".
    Select "Delete".
    Once you've deleted the game and DLC, you can reinstall the game from the disc. To do this, follow these steps:

Insert the game disc into your Xbox console.
    Select the game disc on which Dark Souls 3 is installed.
    Select "Dark Souls 3".
    Select "Install".

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Vanessa.
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Reinstalling DLC offline

My problem is solved. For this specific instance, I was playing Fallout 3 GOTY edition where all the DLC are downloaded when you put in the disc. After reconnecting to the internet and putting the disc in, the download for the missing DLC initiated.
    Glad it's solved. It's the same for most DLC....the disc generally contains the base game and any DLC is digital and so should download on install
  6. [Ryan_Brown] Win User

Reinstalling DLC offline

My problem is solved. For this specific instance, I was playing Fallout 3 GOTY edition where all the DLC are downloaded when you put in the disc. After reconnecting to the internet and putting the disc in, the download for the missing DLC initiated.
Thema:

1. DLC included on game disc is missing after freezing during download - Similar Threads - DLC included game

2. Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s: I have the DLC’s for Left 4 dead purchased and have for a long time and they used to work. My cloud saved data now says that its full and when it prompts me to click when I’m trying to load Left 4...
  3. Microsoft Store device limit causing DLC to be unavailable in game

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Store device limit causing DLC to be unavailable in game: I was having an issue with my ROG Ally where Vampire Survivors was not loading the DLC in the game. After a lot of unsuccessful trial and error, uninstalling/installing, and research on forums, I...
  4. Remnant 2 DLC Problem - not available in game

in XboX Insiders
    Remnant 2 DLC Problem - not available in game: I have a problem with Remnant 2. I own the Ultimate Edition and play it on PC. Before that I played this game on the Xbox and there were no problems there. I installed it via the Xbox app and the...
  5. Splatterhouse plus DLC's gone from 360 Store before it get's shut down anyway!

in XBoX on Windows
    Splatterhouse plus DLC's gone from 360 Store before it get's shut down anyway!: I bought the Splatterhouse DLC years ago on an old Acc. which i can't access anymore, now i wanted to buy them again, but shockingly had to realize the complete Game was taken off the store!...
  6. Gamesharing DLC

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamesharing DLC: My girlfriend and I are playing fallout 4. I have game pass and i game share with her. She is able to play fallout 4 but we realized i have all the Ultimate Game Pass Exclusive DLC however she...
  7. Is it possible to transfer DLC and games bought digitally from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to transfer DLC and games bought digitally from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One?: I was wondering if I could transfer my games and DLC that I bought on my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One, and if so, how? 49e01af5-2245-4305-a4c4-72c471d44745
  8. Struggling to refund a dlc for deep rock galactic

in XBoX on Windows
    Struggling to refund a dlc for deep rock galactic: I have never refunded anything on xbox though when I tried to refund the supporter upgrade on deep rock galactic it refused me because I apparently had used all my refund requests. I would just...
  9. How do I fix corrupt or glitched out DLC content in Fallout 4?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix corrupt or glitched out DLC content in Fallout 4?: I have owned Fallout 4 GOTY edition since release. I use to play the game on my Xbox one and the game / DLC content worked fine. I’ve recently got a Xbox series X, the new next gen console. When I...
  10. if you have a single dlc file that is corrupted what can you do to fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    if you have a single dlc file that is corrupted what can you do to fix it: i have dragonball z kakarot on xbox series x and all my season pass 1 & 2 dlc's are working fine except for dlc5 The 23rd world tournament i go into it but i cant access anything it keeps me stuck...