Display problems with VRR variable refresh rate always on and freesync on my monitor at the...

Discus and support Display problems with VRR variable refresh rate always on and freesync on my monitor at the... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have g story 15.6 inch Integrated Monitor for xbox series s 2k display that runs 4k @ 60hz and 1440p @144hz and 1080p @144hz (that is up to *hz) of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Silentdurr, Aug 19, 2023.

1. Silentdurr
    Silentdurr Guest

Display problems with VRR variable refresh rate always on and freesync on my monitor at the...

I have g story 15.6 inch Integrated Monitor for xbox series s 2k display that runs 4k @ 60hz and 1440p @144hz and 1080p @144hz (that is up to *hz) of course series s and x cap at 120hz but my display has auto hdr, also sRGB and freesync. Whenever i run VRR on the console at the same time as having the setting on the display that is FREESYNC on, when I load into a game(not happening st the dashboard or other apps....cod mw2 to be specific does it) starts stuttering chopping blurs and goes crazy and the only way to make it stop is to turn it off on either the xbox end or the displays end om the OSD menu.....why is this? If I turn it iffy in both u can tell its off but when it's off on xbox but on with the monitor it seems to run smooth but hard to tell....itdoesnt go berserk and it doesn't look raggedy like it does without anything on but with it off on display and on with the xbox only, it works and looks decent but I feel like something is incompatible somewhere maybe. Idk. Also, the game Modern warfare 2 can use hdr but whenever I have the setting turned on or auto on display i can check the allow hdr and auto hdr box in display settings menu, but when u load the game, go to options, graphics menu, scroll all the way down past 120hz- on/off menu there isn't any hdr brightenss or adjustment menu tab and I don't knownif it is using the hdr technology.....in the xbox menu of display settings if allow hdr10 amd auto hdr is turned off it says under 4k compatibility that tv supports but is turned off. But once u turn auto hdr and allow hdr10 ON on the xbox side, go back to 4k compatibility amd it says your TV DOES NOT SUPPORT HDR, HDR-10....WHY IS THIS? WHEN I USE MY MSI MAGCR27 MONITOR, I TURN FREESYNC ON AND VRR ON THE XBOX SIDE AT AAME TIME AND IF I TURN IT OFF ON EITHER IT DISABLES IT FOR EVERYTHING. BUT WHY AM I ABL3 TO RUN FREESYNC ON MY portable monitor and have it turned off on xbox side? Is my portable monitor overriding the xbox somehow when it is trying to decode the visuals that is connected to the console? Super sketchy and I'd like some feed back.....thanks.

:)

Silentdurr, Aug 19, 2023
  2. T[zve]{3}B[jsaa]{4} Win User

XBOX series X support for 1440p 120hz on certain monitors

The monitor has variable refresh rate (freesync), which works with 1440p (on PC) with range 46 - 148 hz ... So is it still possible that the standard is the problem? I would think if monitor has VRR that it can display any refresh rate , especially if I enable it in settings.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi just got a Samsung odyssey g3 monitor for my Xbox series x should I put freesync premium on

Yes you should, and make sure VRR is enabled in the Xbox display settings.

Freesync Premium is a VRR technology (variable refresh rate). In a nutshell, your displays refresh rate is synced to the frame rate of the game you are playing. This means smoother gameplay and no unsightly screen tearing.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

1440p@120Hz WITH HDR on Xbox Series X ?

Hi,

What ngocphi has said is somewhat true but not entirely. I'm sure they mean well but I little more explanation is required.

The Asus VG32VQ can do 120Hz at 1440P, however, the VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) FreeSync on this display tops out at 85Hz over HDMI. So for Xbox, 1440P 120Hz and VRR is a no go. You should be able to get to 120Hz with VRR at 1080P though.

The inability to do 1440P @ 120Hz is a limitation of your display's hardware, nothing to do with the older HDMI 2.0 port.

Most of these monitors rated refresh is based on their Display Port hardware.
  5. Justin Frigo Win User

Variable Refresh Rate

Yea my monitor info says it’s displaying 1080p 135khz/120hz in the display information in settings and it looks and feels awesome I was just curious since I have freesync premium turned on in the monitor settings itself if it still is refreshing the rates even though the Xbox specific setting isn’t on cause the DisplayPort to the monitor itself offers up to 1080p 240hz variable refresh rate through the freesync option in the specs of the monitor
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

LG Ultragear 27GL83A-B 27 Inch Monitor With XBOX Series S

Hi

Absolutely! But the display should be able to do 120Hz, but only at 1080P as this is a limitation of FreeSync with HDMI for this display.

Make sure you enable VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) in the Xbox display settings as this will remove stuttering and screen tearing.

Just on a technical note, 1440P monitors are not 2K displays. A 2K display is 1080P, 1440P monitors are 2.5K

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/27gl83a-b

Rtings is a professional monitor and TV review website. If they haven't reviewed a TV or monitor, it may not be worth buying.
Thema:

1. Display problems with VRR variable refresh rate always on and freesync on my monitor at the... - Similar Threads - Display problems VRR

2. Problem displaying achievements

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem displaying achievements: Hello, I have a display problem in my notifications bar, it no longer displays my new achievements it leaves me the old achievements that I have unlocked a little while ago, it's since I finished...
  3. Xbox Series S Digital display problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Digital display problem: Xbox Series S will not display on any tv. Have tried resetting to low resolution, have tried different hdmi cords and different tvs. Was working perfectly fine until i switch the hdmi from my xbox...
  4. Xbox display problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox display problem: Upon start up my xbox shows approximately 25% of the right side of the screen on the left. Also, my Xbox power button and controller does not illuminate but still allows me to navigate through the...
  5. My Xbox one s turns on but no display I have opened it and i couldn't find the problem I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one s turns on but no display I have opened it and i couldn't find the problem I...: My Xbox one s turns on but no display I have opened it and i couldn't find the problem I also have tried to boot it in different TVs but it doesn't display at all I don't think the power supply is...
  6. Xbox one display connection problem post update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one display connection problem post update.: Display flashes on to off or doesn’t send signal to tv at all. Was working fine before the most recent update. Pressing the Xbox button does bring up the ‘what would you like to do’ option ‘power...
  7. Xbox series s causing display problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s causing display problem: Hi so my xbox series s has been working perfectly for the past week or so and no cables have been touched or moved I did double check and still nothing changes, I've also hard reset the xbox a few...
  8. Tv display problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Tv display problem: So first of all I had a green screen loading problem in my Xbox I fixed that then I started watching YouTube for a while and it couldn't load so I restarted my Xbox and then my TV said that there...
  9. xbox display problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox display problem: hello i need help with a problem with our xbox one as it is not displaying on monitor and repair person said to contact microsoft fa3d89bb-3288-4533-91ac-97ef214c29f8
  10. Display problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Display problem: Why does my Xbox one the picture goes on and off.and sometimes I press a button on the remote and the picture goes away df912c2d-d244-4be3-83e8-dcc16b587852