Display Issues with Xbox Series X

Discus and support Display Issues with Xbox Series X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; The following has been a consistent symptom since I got my Xbox just after Christmas 2022. It has persisted with two separate HDMI cables provided by... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/FazeShyft, May 4, 2023.

1. /u/FazeShyft
    /u/FazeShyft Guest

The following has been a consistent symptom since I got my Xbox just after Christmas 2022. It has persisted with two separate HDMI cables provided by Microsoft and was reproduced on two different televisions (1080p LG 43" TV roughly seven years old, and a brand new 4K Hisense 70" television)

In gameplay, videos, menus, everything, greens are boosted, and all yellow and orange colors are shifted green. I have run the system at 1080p and 4K, I've run PC RGB and the automatic color settings, I've cycled overscan, I've reset the console, I've reset the TV, I've tried offsetting for the color error in the TV settings, nothing has worked. I got a new HDMI cable from Microsoft on warranty and the problem continues. I have done all the troubleshooting I can think of and the only variable I have not tested is a new Xbox console. Might this be an issue with the GPU, or more likely the IO? It's not pleasant when some things look unnaturally green at best and baby puke colored at worst.

submitted by /u/FazeShyft
    [link] [comments]

/u/FazeShyft, May 4, 2023
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Xbox Series X display issues

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey KimOrsel, how are you today? Hope you're well.

I'm so sorry about this inconvenience, my friend.

I suggest you send it back to warranty:

Access the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Click on the "Sign in" option, it will take you to your registered devices page, select "more details" on your console's section, then it will take you to a page that will inform your console's warranty, below will have the option "Start Order" then, just follow the steps from there.
  3. John P_14 Win User

My Xbox Series X is zoomed in on my tv . This is not using the magnifier. Whenever I power it on a surge noise happens from the power cord to the machine .

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

It sounds like you are experiencing some issues with your Xbox Series X. To troubleshoot the zoomed-in display on your TV, you can try the following steps:

1. Check the display settings on your TV.

- Some TVs have a "Zoom" or "Aspect Ratio" setting that can cause the display to appear zoomed in. Make sure this setting is set to the correct value for your TV.

2. Check the display settings on your Xbox Series X.

- You can access these settings by going to the "System" tab in the "Settings" menu, then selecting "Display & sound" and "Video output". From here, you can adjust the display resolution and other settings that may affect the display's appearance on your TV.

3. Check the HDMI cable and port.

- Ensure the HDMI cable is securely connected to the Xbox Series X and the TV, and that the port on both devices is free of any debris or damage.

4. Try a different HDMI cable.

- If you have another HDMI cable that you can use, try connecting your Xbox Series X to the TV using that cable to see if it resolves the issue.

If you continue to experience issues with the zoomed-in display on your TV after trying these steps, you may want to consider seeking assistance from Xbox support or a professional repair service.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 bad graphics

Hi,

Red Dead Redemption 2 on Xbox was only optimised for Xbox One X it hasn't been optimised for the Series S or X hardware. On the Series S it runs in Xbox One Backwards compatibility mode. As such, it runs at around 900P (around 1600x900). This means it will look quite soft looking on a 4K display, although it should not affect the colours or the contrast.

Unfortunately, RDR2 is not great on the Series S, especially on a 4K display. FIFA 23 is Series S|X optimised, which is why this game looks a lot better.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Series S/X

Hi,

The Series X supports 1080P resolution in the settings same as Xbox One and One X. Games on Series X will still render in 4K, but will downscale to whatever display you have. There won't be any loss in quality at all.
  6. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox Series X Compatibility with the Alienware 34” UltraWide Monitor

what i can gather is hdmi 1.4 supports 1080p at 120hz and 1440p at 75hz so it will run with series x but you will be stuck at 1440/60hz most likely.

now if the series x had display port that would solve the issue.

most games will be targeting 60fps on 1440 and 4k anyway on the series x with some varying degree.
Thema:

1. Display Issues with Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Display Issues Series

2. Xbox Serie S Display issue black pixel

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Serie S Display issue black pixel: Hello since last night my xbox no longer seems to be working properly. The display is very slow or even completely dysfunctional, pixels appear everywhere, a fixed black screen and at times a...
  3. Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games

in XBoX on Windows
    Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games: Hey everyone, I've been wrestling with a frustrating issue for over two weeks now, and despite my efforts, I can't seem to find a solution. Here's the lowdown: I recently purchased a new monitor...
  4. Xbox Display Issue (Completely Broken)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Display Issue (Completely Broken): I was exploring my console’s fidelity & overscan settings when i set my refresh rate to 120hz (testing if my tv could run it or if it would just revert back to normal like any other setting that...
  5. Xbox series x display issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series x display issue: Why does my monitor sometimes not display anything? It will produce sound and when I click it's back buttons that response works, but anything the xbox sends to the monitor just doesn't display,...
  6. Issue with Xbox Series X Display (MW3 and Baldurs Gate 3)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Xbox Series X Display (MW3 and Baldurs Gate 3): Hello, Today I started to boot up baldurs gate and mW3. When opening the game the TV screen flashed into a few colors and then froze without showing the xbox anymore. I have not had this issue in...
  7. Xbox displaying on Discord issues

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox displaying on Discord issues: Hello! So, I'm hoping I've put this in the right spot, as I'm not really sure where to ask this. I've just saw a few similar questiona here and thought this was the appropriate spot. I don't...
  8. Xbox Series X display issues while gaming.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X display issues while gaming.: I recently purchased an Xbox from Facebook marketplace, but when I started playing I noticed right away this white/black squares appearing in my game. Only happens when I start a game but not...
  9. Anyone else experiencing an issue with the rewards beta tab on their profile not displaying...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else experiencing an issue with the rewards beta tab on their profile not displaying...: When I go to my profile and under the rewards beta tab I’m hit with “try again later, we can’t check for quests rights now” submitted by /u/kevinchadwick55 [link] [comments]
  10. Display issues after last update to new Xbox ui

in XBoX on Consoles
    Display issues after last update to new Xbox ui: Hi, When I first got my series s I had issues with the tv display being very fuzzy etc and unplayable. Resolved this by turning the background from dynamic to a solid blank screen which work for...